AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Jayop on September 07, 2021, 11:49:14 PM
Is CoC being parachuted into the team unfit to make an appearance in the last few minutes if Mayo are up just so he can get his hands on a medal? No way he could be back from an achilles Tendon in 2 and a half months.

I'm only guessing but that would be incredible from the management to use a bench space like that. No player in the country probably deserves a medal more but when you have only 11 subs and a really good chance of using a lot of them if it goes to extra time.

Surely this has to be nonsense.

Don't think there is extra time, goes straight to a replay.

naka

I thought it was extra time ?
If a replay when is it fixed for ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: naka on September 08, 2021, 07:47:14 AM

I'd imagine the following week, and if so, anyone who had a ticket for the first game should not get a ticket for the second game, seems fair considering the amount of true supporters that have missed out..... see how that plays out  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: naka on September 08, 2021, 07:47:14 AM

According to the GAA fixtures website, there will be extra  time if necessary

MayoBuck

Extra time if needed this weekend. If it's still level replay on Sunday 19th

tiempo

Is CoC being parachuted into the team unfit to make an appearance in the last few minutes if Mayo are up just so he can get his hands on a medal? No way he could be back from an achilles Tendon in 2 and a half months.

I'm only guessing but that would be incredible from the management to use a bench space like that. No player in the country probably deserves a medal more but when you have only 11 subs and a really good chance of using a lot of them if it goes to extra time.

Ahh would ye put a sock in it, Pete Harte is twice the player

The man couldn't even kick a ball through a tyre from point blank range

Some Mayonnaise lads expect a medal just for getting out of bed in the morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtcy-WgTWbI

Lar Naparka

Oh, no it isn't! It's just James H playing his version of silly buggers, as Jack Charlton might put it. He wants to keep everybody guessing, including Dooher and Lohan, until the last possible moment.
That way, Tyrone's pre-matchups can't be finalised until Horan finally shows his hand.I'm guessing that won't happen until the teams line up behind the Artane Boys Band!
From what I'm hearing from down home, Eoghan Mac is probably fit to play but won't start.
The rumour is that his jaw break wasn't as bad as originally feared. He didn't need to have the jaw wired, merely had plates inserted. (And no, I don't understand that either!)
Can't  see Cillian starting or making the bench but we all will have to wait until the throw-in.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

iorras

Never thought I'd be saying this but please God the COC rumours are just Connaught Telegraph shite talk.
Shades of Dermot Flanagan in 97, when he had a small hospital on his leg going into the match, could barely walk in the parade, had to be taken off after about 5 minutes and then JM nearly changed every line on the team to accommodate the substitution.
Not one of JM's finest hours.
We dont need the sideshow of a player who could not possibly be fit being parachuted in. Anyone who thinks Dooher and L
Unless it was some mad theory like, well he cant run but he can kick with his good foot so have him in standing in the corner to take frees! NFL special teams :)

thewobbler

If you look at Horan's tenure with Mayo, he is given to a few things but sentimentality wouldn't seem to be one of them.

I sincerely doubt CoC went from protective boot to high intensity training in the course of a couple of days. If he was light training over the previous few weeks, he may have just ramped it up this past week (likely against doctor's orders) to give it a shot. And if that's worked out he will surely be on the bench. He doesn't have to be match fit to be a scoring threat for 10-15 mins.

But that's a lot of ifs, and i can't see Horan giving him the nod unless they're all in a line.

Mayo4Sam

Anyone listening to Aiden Henry needs their head examined
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Rossfan

Assuming there won't be any Roscommon people in their 26 and as Tyrone have no chip on the shoulder issue I'm giving a hesitant vote to Co.Mayo to win it on the 70th anniversary of their last one.
It's a 50/50 game so down to whoever performs best on the day, gets the more things right, less errors etc.
At least for the first time in 7 or 8 years it's not a foregone conclusion.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2021, 12:59:25 PM
Assuming there won't be any Roscommon people in their 26 and as Tyrone have no chip on the shoulder issue I'm giving a hesitant vote to Co.Mayo to win it on the 70th anniversary of their last one.
It's a 50/50 game so down to whoever performs best on the day, gets the more things right, less errors etc.
At least for the first time in 7 or 8 years it's not a foregone conclusion.

Not that I'd consider them rossies in any way shape or form but in 51 saen Flanagan ballagh and mick loftus born in kiltoom,  kinda puts that notion to bed in the context of your " mayo cant win with rossies involved"
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Was Sean Flanagan not a blow in from Co Mayo?
Mick Loftus left Ros when he was 2 I believe.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2021, 02:08:16 PM

Haha yes he was from toureen originally I think , agahamore club I'm sure I read somewhere but my point still stands. Any ticket for me
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Crete Boom

Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2021, 02:08:16 PM

Sean Flanagan was from Aghamore I believe.