Author Topic: Does Pat Spillane need apologise to Tyrone GAA?  (Read 7085 times)

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
Re: Does Pat Spillane need apologise to Tyrone GAA?
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2021, 03:39:20 PM »
Watched some of the Camogie analyses and the red card for Cork. As blatant a red card you'll see all day. The girl hits her with her hurl and then pushes the Kilkenny girl over and the pundits are coming out with shite like she was hard done by and she shouldn't miss the final. f**king nonsense. TBF Shefflin is the same. Kilkenny to the bone never criticises their foul play. RTE need to pull them up on this.
I think you are confusing foul play with manliness.  ;)

hey, that's my line ye bollox ye.

As for the camogs it's not that long ago Cyril Farrell was wheeled out year on year as a pundit on the camogie semi-finals and finals.

All the same Cyril has a history of coaching camogie teams at IC level and Ashbourne level so knew a lot about the players.

The poor Galway girl got the line for an off the ball incident she wasn't even involved in but I'm wondering if Galway appeal that decision that was obviously wrong, will the No6 who lashed out get the red instead? She obviously wasn't red carded so is there a way for the camogie crowd to put the red down to her instead?
It's really Brian Cody's line so back in yer box  8)

rrhf

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2021, 03:40:17 PM »
Spillane as Mrs Doubtfire.. would be a good mix. 

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2021, 04:00:05 PM »
This thread has lost the run of itsel. It should return to its core value, Tyronies endlessly whinging about their lot and RTE, and those who have dared cross their path with a hint of a slight.

At the start of this year I had kind of said I wasn't going to watch county ball anymore. I was getting far too worked up to the point of pure rage watching the games and how they were being refereed.

Then I had a revelation, just chill the f**k out and watch them for what they are. If the reks get a call wrong don't worry about it. Luckily, or maybe it's just because of my new outlook Tyrone have had a decent outing with refs this summer. A few calls against them that were bad but a few calls in their favour too. In previous games against Donegal I'd have been spitting blood over the refs but no complaints this year.

Tell you what though, I've taken that mantra into the rest of my life and it's made me a lot happier person.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2021, 04:25:09 PM »
Watched some of the Camogie analyses and the red card for Cork. As blatant a red card you'll see all day. The girl hits her with her hurl and then pushes the Kilkenny girl over and the pundits are coming out with shite like she was hard done by and she shouldn't miss the final. f**king nonsense. TBF Shefflin is the same. Kilkenny to the bone never criticises their foul play. RTE need to pull them up on this.
I think you are confusing foul play with manliness.  ;)

hey, that's my line ye bollox ye.

As for the camogs it's not that long ago Cyril Farrell was wheeled out year on year as a pundit on the camogie semi-finals and finals.

All the same Cyril has a history of coaching camogie teams at IC level and Ashbourne level so knew a lot about the players.

The poor Galway girl got the line for an off the ball incident she wasn't even involved in but I'm wondering if Galway appeal that decision that was obviously wrong, will the No6 who lashed out get the red instead? She obviously wasn't red carded so is there a way for the camogie crowd to put the red down to her instead?
It's really Brian Cody's line so back in yer box  8)

Cody isn't that silly. Kilkenny would wheel out the legend Eddie Keher to spout such a line if there was a feeling that referees were blowing frees for Kilkenny manliness back in their pomp.

iorras

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2021, 04:35:16 PM »

The “he/she doesn’t deserve to miss the final” is a scourge on the GAA and makes the jobs of referees and administrators borderline untenable, when influential pundits just won’t accept that when you step out of line, you should get punished.
Its endemic in culture, seen a few cases where a lad gets a bad belt in club ball over the years and ends up off work and injured. You'll have all sorts coming out and saying the "perpetrator isn't a bad lad, not like him, heat of the moment" tell that to the lad getting his jaw wired, taking time off work, and paying medical bills. Course the opinion all flips when its someone in their own club it happens to.
I seem to remember James Masters taking a lad to court for that a few years ago

reddgnhand

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2021, 07:13:44 PM »
This thread has lost the run of itsel. It should return to its core value, Tyronies endlessly whinging about their lot and RTE, and those who have dared cross their path with a hint of a slight.
It's great to be whinging at this time of year. Maybe you'll get to experience it some time.

rrhf

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2021, 10:50:39 PM »
Pat will apologise in 18 years when it commercially suits to change the narrative.. think he fancies himself as kerry footballs rudi guilliani

cjx

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2021, 11:50:29 PM »
probably in a car park beside a knocking shop in Listowel

Gael85

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2021, 11:50:13 PM »
Spillane repeating again Tyrone pulled a stroke. The man has  no class.  Still can't get over Tyrone beating kerry in the noughties.

https://m.sundayworld.com/sport/gaa/mayo-had-no-plan-b-as-james-horans-men-bottled-yet-another-all-ireland-final-40863011.html
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 07:50:45 AM by Gael85 »

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2021, 12:07:18 AM »
Spillane repeating again Tyrone pulled a stroke. The man has  no class.  Still can't get over Tyrone beating kerry in the naughties.

https://m.sundayworld.com/sport/gaa/mayo-had-no-plan-b-as-james-horans-men-bottled-yet-another-all-ireland-final-40863011.html

What a gobshite

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2021, 07:51:34 AM »
Spillane repeating again Tyrone pulled a stroke. The man has  no class.  Still can't get over Tyrone beating kerry in the naughties.

Ah, they probably did and he's calling them out. The secrecy in the whole episode makes it easy for Spillane to say such things.

Anyway what do Tyrone care what an old age former footballer from Kerry thinks or writes?

Redhand Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2021, 08:05:59 AM »

Ah, they probably did and he's calling them out. The secrecy in the whole episode makes it easy for Spillane to say such things.

Anyway what do Tyrone care what an old age former footballer from Kerry thinks or writes?

What secrecy? They released the number of positive cases in the squad to the public. Notified croke park early and had everyone tested. They were down half a squad for training for 2-3 weeks. A number of players that started the Kerry game had covid. 2 players didn't feature again the rest of the year. What more information should they have released to the public?