Author Topic: Donegal SFC-Kilcar appeal  (Read 2870 times)

Truth hurts

• View Profile
Donegal SFC-Kilcar appeal
« on: August 18, 2021, 09:38:55 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/58255106

This is going to get messy, any Donegal people have any inside info on it? Will the game be replayed?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Donegal SFC-Kilcar appeal
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 09:45:22 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/58255106

This is going to get messy, any Donegal people have any inside info on it? Will the game be replayed?

The ref and his assistants could be the scapegoat, not sure if they could\did  used a blood sub or actual subs, so many different ways to fight this for both clubs, ultimately itís the clubs sec whoís at fault, he has to ensure, especially in a club final, all processes are carried out correctly.

Itíll go to the county CCC then Ulster then National 
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Truth hurts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 09:48:08 AM »
Will this year's Donegal SFC go ahead or will they wait until this is finished? The timeline is tight for Ulster club.
I feel for the administrators who will receive the backlash over this. The fairest thing would be to replay it if there has been a mistake.

ck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 10:47:59 AM »
The fairest thing is to replay but that can't happen according to the rules. If Glenties are found to have broken a rule then they'll be thrown out and the game awarded to Kilcar.

I've heard that the illegal substitution had a big impact on the game and also scored a penalty.

StephenC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 11:05:32 AM »
The full story is pretty much out there. Extra sub was made - he scored a penalty. Hopefully they'll replay it.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 11:26:52 AM »
Leaving aside the rules indiscretion, it is a horrible way to decide a county championship on a penalty shoot out especially since there aren't the same time constraints in needing to send forward a county representative to the provincial championship.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 11:32:59 AM »
Amateurish

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 12:24:02 PM »
Too many subs not game forfeit? Happened in a senior championship game in leister a few yrs bck, can't remember the team. Not sure if it was replayed. Don't think it.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 12:47:54 PM »
Too many subs not game forfeit? Happened in a senior championship game in leister a few yrs bck, can't remember the team. Not sure if it was replayed. Don't think it.
Armagh vs Laois a few years back was replayed. And we got embarrassed again.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2021, 01:35:59 PM »
Armagh vs Laois a few years back was replayed. And we got embarrassed again.

The only thing embarrassing about it was HQ gave Laois a re-match. And at home!

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2021, 10:33:48 PM »
Did it not happen in a Munster final maybe Cork v Limerick years ago too.

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2021, 10:59:01 PM »
The fairest thing is to replay but that can't happen according to the rules.

T.O. Part 1, Chapter 6 (Games & Competitions), 6.44 (b)...

(i)  A team exceeding the number of  players permitted under Rule 2.1 Rules of Specification, Playing Rules:
(ii)  A team exceeding the number of  substitutions permitted under Rules 2.4 (i) and (ii) or breaching Rule 2.4 (iv) (b), Rules of  Specification, Playing Rules:

Penalties: On a proven Objection - Award of  Game to the Opposing Team, or Replay, or Fine, depending on the circumstances.
On an Inquiry by the Committee-in-Charge - Forfeiture of Game without Award of  Game to the Opposing Team, or Replay, or Fine, depending on the circumstances.
"I can't be arsed any more; too much ignorance, bigotry, dogma, idiocy & retreat from reason"

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2021, 09:20:52 AM »
I thought where replays happened in similar circumstances, it was always because the other team offered the replay rather than accepting the walkover. Not the GAA ordering the replay. But i canít remember the Armagh Laois case specifically

The subs position can get confusing, especially factoring in that blood subs donít count until/unless made permanent and that subs made between end of normal time and beginning of extra time donít count.

the_daddy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2021, 09:24:23 AM »
I thought where replays happened in similar circumstances, it was always because the other team offered the replay rather than accepting the walkover. Not the GAA ordering the replay. But i canít remember the Armagh Laois case specifically

The subs position can get confusing, especially factoring in that blood subs donít count until/unless made permanent and that subs made between end of normal time and beginning of extra time donít count.

It definitely can get confusing when a game is frantic - I thought Mayo made 4 subs in extra time on Saturday evening!

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2021, 09:35:09 AM »

It definitely can get confusing when a game is frantic - I thought Mayo made 4 subs in extra time on Saturday evening!
I remember one year, the Dubs made 6 subs in a semi v Mayo (when 5 was the max). I had counted 6 at the time, and thought I must be wrong. But then checked the papers the following day, and they all listed 6. Nobody was commenting on it, but I was sure it was only a matter of time before Mayo realized and Dubs were thrown out.
But turns out a Dublin defender went off with a blood injury. I think it was early in the second half and I think it was OíCarroll. He never reappeared and his substitution didnít count because it was temporary. Even though factually it was permanent, but those were the rules!