Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 07, 2022, 09:20:46 AM
Quote from: Franko on January 07, 2022, 08:49:16 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 07, 2022, 08:28:54 AM
Quote from: Franko on January 07, 2022, 08:26:05 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 06, 2022, 03:35:18 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 06, 2022, 01:32:03 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 01, 2022, 10:38:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 01, 2022, 09:30:30 PM
Why bother getting one vaccine or even two? The booster isn't going to produce another head!

Because the  double vaccine clearly at this stage has worked against a seemingly more dangerous variant. Omicron doesn't seem as serious but that may change.
The booster doesn't seem to be needed if we look at the early data to keep you out of hospital. Nobody in their right mind would just take a vaccine just fir the sake of it.  If things change I'll get it. But for now I'm happy with 2jabs and immunity from my last infection.
Think that's reasonable and sensible. I'm very aware of pressure on NHS staff as priority atm.

Change things any?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59840524

It's a positive (excuse the pun), but hospitalisations from omricon isn't main issue, it's general transmission and subsequent absenteeism and booster doesn't seem to be stopping that at all.

Nonsense.  If there was no issue with hospitalisations, there wouldn't be any absenteeism.

Hospitalisations is pretty much the ONLY issue with Omicron.

This cant be a serious post?

100% serious.

The only reason there is absenteeism is due to the mandatory isolation period when infected/close contact.

The reason there is a mandatory isolation period is to reduce transmission in order to stop hospitals being overwhelmed.

For most, Omicron is a mild head cold and were it not for the need to reduce hospitalisations, most people would be at work with is.

Except for Derry City bluffers.

Really?
BTW you have  talked yourself into a corner there. Get your booster, I have no issue with that at all. I wont be getting mines at the minute because I don't feel the need based on all the facts that have been presented to me. I don't get angsty about it and totally agree that it is a very good thing for certain people. I imagine we will need an annual vaccination and I am prepared to wait for that again.

Bluffer City

Fear, this was posted a couple of pages back

Hospitals are running at well over 100% capacity atm with hundreds awaiting admission for various ailments. It's a no brainer. Individual v the collective.

Thanks JOG2, a man that i do listen do tbh, lol ease off on that bluffer stuff for jesus sake though,pick on Strabane or something

;D You hear about the Strabane man who got 2 dole cheques?

Lol. I do miss JED in the Derry Journal, I think it finished at Strabane joke 20,182 in the end up

Franko

Why bother getting one vaccine or even two? The booster isn't going to produce another head!

Because the  double vaccine clearly at this stage has worked against a seemingly more dangerous variant. Omicron doesn't seem as serious but that may change.
The booster doesn't seem to be needed if we look at the early data to keep you out of hospital. Nobody in their right mind would just take a vaccine just fir the sake of it.  If things change I'll get it. But for now I'm happy with 2jabs and immunity from my last infection.
Think that's reasonable and sensible. I'm very aware of pressure on NHS staff as priority atm.

Change things any?

It's a positive (excuse the pun), but hospitalisations from omricon isn't main issue, it's general transmission and subsequent absenteeism and booster doesn't seem to be stopping that at all.

Nonsense.  If there was no issue with hospitalisations, there wouldn't be any absenteeism.

100% serious.

The only reason there is absenteeism is due to the mandatory isolation period when infected/close contact.

The reason there is a mandatory isolation period is to reduce transmission in order to stop hospitals being overwhelmed.

For most, Omicron is a mild head cold and were it not for the need to reduce hospitalisations, most people would be at work with is.

Really?
BTW you have  talked yourself into a corner there. Get your booster, I have no issue with that at all. I wont be getting mines at the minute because I don't feel the need based on all the facts that have been presented to me. I don't get angsty about it and totally agree that it is a very good thing for certain people. I imagine we will need an annual vaccination and I am prepared to wait for that again.

Yep, really.  Whilst Derry does suffer from lack of infrastructure/investment, the biggest impediment to the city being economically successful is the attitude of the people.

Bit in bold - emm - no I haven't.

Armagh18

Quote from: Franko on January 07, 2022, 09:07:33 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 07, 2022, 09:02:31 AM

Change things any?

Doesnt seem to be that many getting sick with omnicron now so I'd say the bigger issue is healthy people/people with a slight cold having to stay off work both in healthcare and across the board thats the issue

And why are they having to stay off work?
See years ago if you got a runny nose you'd take lemsip and go to work.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 07, 2022, 10:39:01 AM
Quote from: Franko on January 07, 2022, 09:07:33 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 07, 2022, 09:02:31 AM

Change things any?

Doesnt seem to be that many getting sick with omnicron now so I'd say the bigger issue is healthy people/people with a slight cold having to stay off work both in healthcare and across the board thats the issue

And why are they having to stay off work?
See years ago if you got a runny nose you'd take lemsip and go to work.....

Not if you worked in the public sector  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on January 07, 2022, 10:23:56 AM

Change things any?

100% serious.

Really?

Yep, really.  Whilst Derry does suffer from lack of infrastructure/investment, the biggest impediment to the city being economically successful is the attitude of the people.

Now you know nothing about the people of Derry or our work ethic and to say we suffer from lack of investment must be biggest understatement of the the century.

What bastion of industrial excellence do you hail from yourself, maybe we could get you up to do Ted Talks or school engagement programmes-that's if you have time because I am sure you are really busy with such intellectual insight

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 07, 2022, 11:26:50 AM

Change things any?

100% serious.

Really?

Now you know nothing about the people of Derry or our work ethic and to say we suffer from lack of investment must be biggest understatement of the the century.

What bastion of industrial excellence do you hail from yourself, maybe we could get you up to do Ted Talks or school engagement programmes-that's if you have time because I am sure you are really busy with such intellectual insight

Waste of time.  It's bred in.  Will take a couple of generations to fix.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on January 07, 2022, 12:10:30 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 07, 2022, 11:26:50 AM

Change things any?

100% serious.

Really?

Waste of time.  It's bred in.  Will take a couple of generations to fix.

Bit like your stupidity

Franko

Lol.  Deep  ;D

Don't get me wrong.  There are exceptions

And the people of Derry in the main are kind and good natured.

But there's fcuk all work in them.

Man Marker

Got this sent to me via whatsapp, found it massively interesting. A freedom of information request re covid. Forget about the twitter posters opinion, read the attached letter response

https://twitter.com/steviatherton/status/1460716161822248967?s=24

trueblue1234

Quote from: Man Marker on January 07, 2022, 01:03:18 PM
Got this sent to me via whatsapp, found it massively interesting. A freedom of information request re covid. Forget about the twitter posters opinion, read the attached letter response

https://twitter.com/steviatherton/status/1460716161822248967?s=24

I read it. Unsure of what the point is to be honest. Out of 2817 deaths 2547 had covid as underlying cause. Is there something else I've missed?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Man Marker

Yes, read that to, the info I found most interesting was 165 dead from covid only, all other deaths had accompanying morbidities.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Man Marker on January 07, 2022, 01:27:23 PM
Yes, read that to, the info I found most interesting was 165 dead from covid only, all other deaths had accompanying morbidities.

I think you need to look into how that compares to other deaths from viruses to give it context or how common it is to have multiple reasons Vs only on reason noted on the cert.

trueblue1234

I'm amazed at this stage you found that interesting tbh.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

Cases a bit down in the north today(6,400 odd), no deaths and a good few less in hospital which is all good news. Hopefully that continues.

Man Marker

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 07, 2022, 02:02:46 PM

I'm amazed at this stage you found that interesting tbh.

why?