China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

It's like this the vaccines work. They aren't full proof but what is. Jury still out on need for booster for me personally.. protecting workers in critical jobs is crucial and if it's proven that we need the booster to stop Omicron causing hospitalisations I'll be backing it. It defs in stopping reinfections, that's very clear even now

Milltown Row2

Why bother getting one vaccine or even two? The booster isn't going to produce another head!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 01, 2022, 09:10:59 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 01, 2022, 04:14:31 PM
It's everywhere folks. My mother, nephew, sister in law , mucker and all his wains positive today.

In reality I think we're all getting it sooner or later.

I think so too Tommy, well the vast majority. Some won't catch it for whatever reason. I know of a few households, my own included where all members of the family got it and one of the parents didn't.

The right wing has really made hay during this pandemic. I doubt they even thought there would be so many gullible folk on this island looking to them for guidance and expertise. A real eye opener

imtommygunn

The misinformation and the sucking up of it is bonkers. It has created so much division too.

Yeah I know households where oddly say one parent hasn't had it. We'd a small baby, a year ago, and neither of us got it. If the positive cases are 7k before schools go back then they will go through the roof when schools back.

I would still be hopeful it's nothing too severe but I guess time will tell. People with kids at school age or below can't avoid being at risk.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 01, 2022, 09:30:30 PM
Why bother getting one vaccine or even two? The booster isn't going to produce another head!

Because the  double vaccine clearly at this stage has worked against a seemingly more dangerous variant. Omicron doesn't seem as serious but that may change.
The booster doesn't seem to be needed if we look at the early data to keep you out of hospital. Nobody in their right mind would just take a vaccine just fir the sake of it.  If things change I'll get it. But for now I'm happy with 2jabs and immunity from my last infection.
Think that's reasonable and sensible. I'm very aware of pressure on NHS staff as priority atm.

Tony Baloney

It seems now that the emerging risk isn't about hospitalisation and death directly related to cases but case numbers impacting on wider delivery within the NHS and the economy.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

It does appear that way but things move swiftly as we have seen a few times but the govt reducing isolation times maybe tells us a thing or 2

Sportacus

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 01, 2022, 10:38:13 PM

Because the  double vaccine clearly at this stage has worked against a seemingly more dangerous variant. Omicron doesn't seem as serious but that may change.
The booster doesn't seem to be needed if we look at the early data to keep you out of hospital. Nobody in their right mind would just take a vaccine just fir the sake of it.  If things change I'll get it. But for now I'm happy with 2jabs and immunity from my last infection.
Think that's reasonable and sensible. I'm very aware of pressure on NHS staff as priority atm.
What would need to change for you to get it?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Sportacus on January 01, 2022, 11:54:56 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 01, 2022, 10:38:13 PM

What would need to change for you to get it?

Omicron makes people sick to the levels previous variants have

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Thastheball on January 02, 2022, 12:16:00 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 01, 2022, 10:20:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 01, 2022, 09:10:59 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 01, 2022, 04:14:31 PM
It's everywhere folks. My mother, nephew, sister in law , mucker and all his wains positive today.

In reality I think we're all getting it sooner or later.

I think so too Tommy, well the vast majority. Some won't catch it for whatever reason. I know of a few households, my own included where all members of the family got it and one of the parents didn't.

The right wing has really made hay during this pandemic. I doubt they even thought there would be so many gullible folk on this island looking to them for guidance and expertise. A real eye opener

Interesting term. There is also a school of thought prevailing that up half the population took a vaccine they didn't need to. Its mental to think u25s taking something that carries more risk to them than the virus did.

More risk? Have you a stat for that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NotedObserver

Heading for my second vax in the morning. I've had one jab then got covid and just haven't got the second one for a variety of reasons.

How long will vax passports be in place you think?

Milltown Row2

imtommygunn

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 01, 2022, 11:44:55 PM
It seems now that the emerging risk isn't about hospitalisation and death directly related to cases but case numbers impacting on wider delivery within the NHS and the economy.

I am starting to wonder if omicron proves less severe will they start differentiating in terms of isolation etc if someone is positive for it vs delta.

At the current rate they will have bother staffing hospitals.