Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: grounded on December 16, 2021, 11:02:39 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 16, 2021, 10:46:24 PM
Quote from: grounded on December 16, 2021, 10:20:48 PM
Quote from: lenny on December 15, 2021, 08:24:28 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 15, 2021, 07:19:11 PM
there is a flu thread already.. just search for it...

lenny what is also surprising that a lot of people against the vaccine, happily promote other drugs for covid that haven't gone through the same trials and peer reviews that vaccines have.. one of the contradictions I was referring to in an earlier post.

Totally agree. There are some shady characters promoting ivermectin, hydroxochloriquine along with other medicines and supplements.

https://www.principletrial.org/

Ivermectin actually is being trialed along with Favipiravir in this University of Oxford clinical study. I'd guess this study( given the credentials ) of those undertaking it, would validate the use or non-use of either drug.
      The Ivermectin portion of the study has now been paused due to supply issues of Ivermectin itself.

So another trial ivermectin trail. If it hasn't been validated by now, hard to know what this trial would show different.

I'd guess thats the point of the trial.
      In any event, why would a body like the university of oxford sponsored by the department of health uk (among others )carry out such a trial? They must have had some reasons to deem it worthwhile to at least study it.
     The Ivermectin portion of the study is paused due to supply issues of Ivermectin itself so we'll have to wait.
     They are continuing with the Favipiravir portion of the  trial.

I have no issue with the trial. In fact it would be fantastic if it had a positive outcome.
My issue is with people cheerleading Ivedmectin despite its lack of clinical trial data, and yet calling out issues with the vaccine despite the absolute mountain of data available.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

grounded

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 16, 2021, 11:29:38 PM
Quote from: grounded on December 16, 2021, 11:02:39 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 16, 2021, 10:46:24 PM
Quote from: grounded on December 16, 2021, 10:20:48 PM
Quote from: lenny on December 15, 2021, 08:24:28 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 15, 2021, 07:19:11 PM
there is a flu thread already.. just search for it...

lenny what is also surprising that a lot of people against the vaccine, happily promote other drugs for covid that haven't gone through the same trials and peer reviews that vaccines have.. one of the contradictions I was referring to in an earlier post.

Totally agree. There are some shady characters promoting ivermectin, hydroxochloriquine along with other medicines and supplements.

https://www.principletrial.org/

Ivermectin actually is being trialed along with Favipiravir in this University of Oxford clinical study. I'd guess this study( given the credentials ) of those undertaking it, would validate the use or non-use of either drug.
      The Ivermectin portion of the study has now been paused due to supply issues of Ivermectin itself.

So another trial ivermectin trail. If it hasn't been validated by now, hard to know what this trial would show different.

I'd guess thats the point of the trial.
      In any event, why would a body like the university of oxford sponsored by the department of health uk (among others )carry out such a trial? They must have had some reasons to deem it worthwhile to at least study it.
     The Ivermectin portion of the study is paused due to supply issues of Ivermectin itself so we'll have to wait.
     They are continuing with the Favipiravir portion of the  trial.

I have no issue with the trial. In fact it would be fantastic if it had a positive outcome.
My issue is with people cheerleading Ivedmectin despite its lack of clinical trial data, and yet calling out issues with the vaccine despite the absolute mountain of data available.

Fair enough. I've never advocated Ivermectin's use for Covid 19. I merely pointed out an important study currently being undertaken.
       I think it would be in everybody's best interest to see this carried out as soon as possible.
        Given that Merck themselves concluded that the probability of Ivermectin providing a potentially safe and efficacious treatment option for SARS-CoV-2 infection is low,
       You would think they would be very keen to supply this Oxford study with the appropriate supplies of Ivermectin to dispel its use for covid 19 once and for all.

Blowitupref

The latest recommendations from nphet is a significant reductions in hospitality hours with a suggested 5pm closing time from next Monday.

Spectators at sporting and live events are also recommended to be kept to very low numbers.

A reduction of numbers attending indoor events, including theatre and cinemas, will also be considered.

What will that 5pm closing time really achieve and could lead to a glut of house parties over the Christmas

Low numbers for indoor events I can somewhat understand but outdoors to revert back to that?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thewobbler

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 17, 2021, 12:08:17 AM
The latest recommendations from nphet is a significant reductions in hospitality hours with a suggested 5pm closing time from next Monday.

Spectators at sporting and live events are also recommended to be kept to very low numbers.

A reduction of numbers attending indoor events, including theatre and cinemas, will also be considered.

What will that 5pm closing time really achieve and could lead to a glut of house parties over the Christmas

Low numbers for indoor events I can somewhat understand but outdoors to revert back to that?

There's shades of "sure maybe we should say another mass?" In how NPHET respond to situations.

Ghost

Has there been any findings with regards to how serious the effects of this omicron variant is? I've seen reports online (albeit probably not from the most reliable sources) that although more transmissible the illness is much milder. Is there any truth in this or is it too early to tell?

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 17, 2021, 12:08:17 AM

What a bunch of arseholes.

Armagh18

Has anyone a link to see how MLA's voted on the vaccine passports in the north?

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 17, 2021, 07:39:40 AM

Why, so you can stand outside their office with a sign saying they're taking away your freedoms?

RedHand88

Quote from: Ghost on December 17, 2021, 06:37:34 AM
Has there been any findings with regards to how serious the effects of this omicron variant is? I've seen reports online (albeit probably not from the most reliable sources) that although more transmissible the illness is much milder. Is there any truth in this or is it too early to tell?

South African study out last week found it was more transmissible but "less hazardous in primary infection". Also found it was more likely to cause reinfection than other variants.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 17, 2021, 08:05:38 AM

Why, so you can stand outside their office with a sign saying they're taking away your freedoms?
No but they'll be getting chased from the door come election time!!

Armagh18

Now Conor Murphy going crying to the Brits looking more money. SF are a joke.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 17, 2021, 08:09:27 AM

DUP it is for you so.

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 17, 2021, 08:09:27 AM

DUP and TUV. That's whose side you're on in this. Congratulations.

Itchy

This pandemic is starting to push us to breakiung point. We are all getting towards triple vaccinated and yet King Tony (infamously of the smear scandal debacle) will decree we should have no joy in life anymore. We (90% plus)have done everything that's been asked, time is up. We need to live our lives, come what may. I don't see the alternative other than going and living in a cave somewhere for the rest of your days. Time for our politicians to lead the country and wrestle back control from Nephet's narrow view point. I have basically decided this morning I will not be listening to one more news program, commuting radio etc as this shit is starting to eat away at me and I am going to do my best to stop this "bad news sells" vicious circle we are caught up in.

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 01:56:19 PM
This pandemic is starting to push us to breakiung point. We are all getting towards triple vaccinated and yet King Tony (infamously of the smear scandal debacle) will decree we should have no joy in life anymore. We (90% plus)have done everything that's been asked, time is up. We need to live our lives, come what may. I don't see the alternative other than going and living in a cave somewhere for the rest of your days. Time for our politicians to lead the country and wrestle back control from Nephet's narrow view point. I have basically decided this morning I will not be listening to one more news program, commuting radio etc as this shit is starting to eat away at me and I am going to do my best to stop this "bad news sells" vicious circle we are caught up in.
How that sc**bag is not in jail over that is beyond me