China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 15, 2021, 07:19:11 PM
there is a flu thread already.. just search for it...

lenny what is also surprising that a lot of people against the vaccine, happily promote other drugs for covid that haven't gone through the same trials and peer reviews that vaccines have.. one of the contradictions I was referring to in an earlier post.

Totally agree. There are some shady characters promoting ivermectin, hydroxochloriquine along with other medicines and supplements.

theskull1

Not weird at all that in western countries with all their research universities & hospitals, there is yet to be no early home treatment protocols being promoted by the powers that be. Just go home and see how you go and only come to hospital when the disease has been given time to take root without intervention. Not weird at all. Vaccines, vaccines vaccines is the ONLY way.

This makes no sense to me.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: theskull1 on December 15, 2021, 08:46:51 PM
Not weird at all that in western countries with all their research universities & hospitals, there is yet to be no early home treatment protocols being promoted by the powers that be. Just go home and see how you go and only come to hospital when the disease has been given time to take root without intervention. Not weird at all. Vaccines, vaccines vaccines is the ONLY way.

This makes no sense to me.

do you mean these

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/symptoms/treat-symptoms-home/

DuffleKing

With respect, that's not treatment of a medical condition. There are a number of effective drug treatments which takes the edge off covid.

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(20)30673-2/fulltext

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 15, 2021, 09:06:41 PM

With respect, that's not treatment of a medical condition. There are a number of effective drug treatments which takes the edge off covid.

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(20)30673-2/fulltext

are there equivalents for the flu? before I read more am I right that the link is proposing clinical trials for their suggestions to see if they work rather than clinically proven treatments....

edit: I noted this in the absence of clinical trials and guidelines, with hospitalizations and mortality mounting, it is prudent to deploy treatment for COVID-19 based on pathophysiological principles

sid waddell

Quote from: lenny on December 15, 2021, 08:24:28 PM

lenny what is also surprising that a lot of people against the vaccine, happily promote other drugs for covid that haven't gone through the same trials and peer reviews that vaccines have.. one of the contradictions I was referring to in an earlier post.

Totally agree. There are some shady characters promoting ivermectin, hydroxochloriquine along with other medicines and supplements.
Every single one of them promoting Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, Alex Jones's patented nanosilver and whatever you're having yourself (don't) is a shameless grifter on the gravy train of publicity whoredom and right wing cash.

Pierre Kory - grifter
Tess Lawrie - grifter
Brett Weinstein - grifter
Peter McCullough - grifter
Joe Rogan - total grifter
John Campbell - has taken the Kool Aid
America's Frontline Doctors - shrieking banshee, democracy hating extreme far right grifters

Everyone else in on the Ivermectin cult is dodgy as fook.

It. Does. Not. Work.

Louther

I've done all I have been asked, a wife in cold front of this in ICU.

I've heard all the guff of this, that and other. Now we been told to get our Boosters ASAP and restrictions upon restrictions been talked about.

Massive issue. Why? Because they sent weeks and weeks dripping out boosters to high age groups in a failing system. For weeks they debated going the lower age groups. Now they've decided to do this and said a plan will be issued NEXT f**king WEEK that will be rolled out the FOLLOWING f**king WEEK.

Mind boggles. Are NiAC working only 9-5? We hear about the plan going to 7 days a week 7 to 7 but then they say it'll be too late and this new wave will swamp the country before that can take affect.

I've a sleeve up, ready for booster but been told to wait my turn and I'll likely be done in early January.

That's not planning, it's reacting.

bennydorano

Got my booster this morning was a looong queue at 9am, but as I'd it booked I avoided most of the waiting. Some operation, lots of staff, in and out in 5 minutes.

grounded

https://www.principletrial.org/

Ivermectin actually is being trialed along with Favipiravir in this University of Oxford clinical study. I'd guess this study( given the credentials ) of those undertaking it, would validate the use or non-use of either drug.
      The Ivermectin portion of the study has now been paused due to supply issues of Ivermectin itself.

thebigfella

Quote from: grounded on December 16, 2021, 10:20:48 PM

Ivermectin actually is being trialed along with Favipiravir in this University of Oxford clinical study. I'd guess this study( given the credentials ) of those undertaking it, would validate the use or non-use of either drug.
      The Ivermectin portion of the study has now been paused due to supply issues of Ivermectin itself.

So another trial ivermectin trail. If it hasn't been validated by now, hard to know what this trial would show different.

trueblue1234

Plus if it hasn't been validated, there's obviously a lack of data to show its usefulness. So why would it not get the same treatment as the vaccine by these people who are so against it. It's nonsense.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

thebigfella

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 16, 2021, 10:49:39 PM
Plus if it hasn't been validated, there's obviously a lack of data to show its usefulness. So why would it not get the same treatment as the vaccine by these people who are so against it. It's nonsense.

The same people are advocating off label use of a drug while calling out big pharma for doing the same  ::)

Also the same crowd are saying what's the harm...... well the FDA and EMA don't want people uncontrollably taking random drugs while nobody understands how it could interact with other prescribed medication. Its one of the reason off label promotion results in hard penalties from the regulators.

thebigfella

Quote from: thebigfella on December 16, 2021, 10:59:09 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 16, 2021, 10:49:39 PM

Lots of the same anti vax people are advocating off label use of a drug while calling out big pharma for doing the same  ::)

Also the same crowd are saying what's the harm...... well the FDA and EMA don't want people uncontrollably taking random drugs while nobody understands how it could interact with other prescribed medication. Its one of the reason off label promotion results in hard penalties from the regulators.

grounded

Quote from: thebigfella on December 16, 2021, 10:46:24 PM
Quote from: grounded on December 16, 2021, 10:20:48 PM

So another trial ivermectin trail. If it hasn't been validated by now, hard to know what this trial would show different.

I'd guess thats the point of the trial.
      In any event, why would a body like the university of oxford sponsored by the department of health uk (among others )carry out such a trial? They must have had some reasons to deem it worthwhile to at least study it.
     The Ivermectin portion of the study is paused due to supply issues of Ivermectin itself so we'll have to wait.
     They are continuing with the Favipiravir portion of the  trial.