Author Topic: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - there's an election coming up soon...  (Read 193926 times)

Snapchap

• View Profile
Re: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - somewhat back on-topic!
« Reply #2175 on: November 30, 2021, 10:25:19 AM »
These are the sort of wallopers you’re dealing with. They’re religious fanatics

I'd like to think that those in the South who are now in the cross hairs of the DUP for very little now get the understanding what it's like trying to get on with these charlatans.

For years in the southern media these lads were portrayed as being reasonable people and it was the nationalists that were rabble rousers and poor neighbours but it was anything but.

Ain't that just the way things are habitually reported south of the border. Someone posted an article from the Irish Times last week about Davy Tweed and it referenced his role in the Harryville picket in Ballymena, a saga The Irish Times article described as a "nasty piece of sectarian conflict". Were I from the deepest south of Ireland, and didn't know what the picket was, I'd be forgiven for thinking that two sides of the community got stuck into eachother in some unknown context. In reality it was a long running violent picket by loyalists of a Catholic Church in Ballymena, during weekly Mass times. It ran for six months during which times Mass goers were abused, the Church daubed in 'F**k the Pope' graffiti, and attempts were made to burn the church to the ground.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 30, 2021, 10:31:46 AM »
Kind of the way the BBC reported the Holy Cross saga as a dispute.

It's the same type of appeasement instead of telling the truth of what these incidents were and what people had to endure at the hands of these nut cases.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:11:03 AM by NAG1 »

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 30, 2021, 10:34:45 AM »
Kind of the way the BBC reported the Holy Cross sage as a dispute.

It's the same type of appeasement instead of telling the truth of what these incidents were and what people had to endure at the hands of these nut cases.

Yeah I recall a BBCni journalist a few months ago, on the anniversary, taking some well earned flak for his report where he termed it as a "dispute". In reality, it was loyalists throwing vile sectarian abuse, coupled with spit, bags of urine, and finally, a pipe bomb, at primary school girls walking to school.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: November 30, 2021, 11:10:25 AM »
Yet the likes of that clown bryson etc think that the bcc would be ira sympathisers  :o

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: November 30, 2021, 11:34:39 AM »
This Ivan Foster seems like a grand wee fella.

Loved this bit at the end;

“She’s the head of the Church of England, which is a dogsbody for every form of filthiness. That’s the truth, theologically speaking.”

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 30, 2021, 12:02:07 PM »
These are the sort of wallopers you’re dealing with. They’re religious fanatics

I'd like to think that those in the South who are now in the cross hairs of the DUP for very little now get the understanding what it's like trying to get on with these charlatans.

For years in the southern media these lads were portrayed as being reasonable people and it was the nationalists that were rabble rousers and poor neighbours but it was anything but.

This is very true. As far as a lot in the south were concerned prior to Brexit, the 6 counties were out of sight, out of mind. Since it didn't really affect them then it didn't really concern them very much. They didn't have to deal with the fundamentalism, the sectarianism, the anti Irish culture, the superiority complex and the inability to compromise even on relatively trivial matters. A light has been shone on all of this since the Brexit vote and the ongoing attempts of the DUP to enforce their own views on the population at large, quite often against the wishes of the majority.

It is a positive that more people from outside are aware of just what the DUP represent.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: December 01, 2021, 07:24:22 AM »
I remember thinking at the time how bizarre it was that The chief executive of a council would release such a statement and that it was politically motivated and orchestrated by the DUP.
Donaghy was very badly exposed on the show as Junior’s lackey.
She’s the quintessential Castle Catholic; falling over herself trying to please her paymasters.
Absolutely shameless. A flat track bully, thankfully, her number’s up.
And as for Junior, morally bankrupt but not a fiddlers does he give. Shame on his constituents for repeatedly giving him a mandate.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: December 01, 2021, 08:45:39 AM »
Paisley is having a laugh - laughing at everyone and raking the money in. He has no useful attributes at all - none.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: December 01, 2021, 09:24:51 AM »
Paisley is having a laugh - laughing at everyone and raking the money in. He has no useful attributes at all - none.

In a normally functioning society and political system that would be the end for all involved but hey, it's Norn Iron and nothing sticks unless you put a pan loaf on your head.

Commission for flags, identity, culture and tradition out today, £800k later and not one agreed implementation and we all know why but it'll be spun that ones as bad as the other.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: December 01, 2021, 09:31:09 AM »
It used to be like that but look at Boris. He can do what he wants.

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: December 01, 2021, 09:38:23 AM »
Commission for flags, identity, culture and tradition out today, £800k later and not one agreed implementation and we all know why but it'll be spun that ones as bad as the other.

I was literally about to reply to say that the SDLP will no doubt be first out of the blocks trying to play that particular card. Then I thought to myself, 'they probably already have'. So I went on the BBC news website to read their report....and sure enough, the section of the report where it outlines how SF are calling for the recommendations to be implemented was followed immediately by the SDLP response which is that its the fault of both the DUP and SF.

FFS do the stoops really think people are so stupid that they can't see through this tactic by now?

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: December 01, 2021, 09:45:29 AM »

I was literally about to reply to say that the SDLP will no doubt be first out of the blocks trying to play that particular card. Then I thought to myself, 'they probably already have'. So I went on the BBC news website to read their report....and sure enough, the section of the report where it outlines how SF are calling for the recommendations to be implemented was followed immediately by the SDLP response which is that its the fault of both the DUP and SF.

FFS do the stoops really think people are so stupid that they can't see through this tactic by now?

I can hear the pitter patter of Fear’s footsteps…..
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: December 01, 2021, 10:12:39 AM »

It’s funny you say that. I contacted all my local councillors regarding the flying of sectarian flags and apart from the DUP and UUP councillors who thought there was nothing wrong with them the SDLP councillor mentioned the report and responded in kind blaming both SF & DUP
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 03:00:44 PM by general_lee »

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: December 01, 2021, 08:46:36 PM »

What recommendations lol. Did you not notice there was no action plan . And wasn't it Naomi long who led the criticism, by the way every party apart from the 2 money suckers criticised it. It's called opposition politics. Now drop that massive chip off your shoulder