Tyrone v Roscommon Say 14th July at 5pm - Football chat ONLY

Started by Fuzzman, July 14, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Franko on July 15, 2018, 12:17:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 07, 2018, 11:15:20 PM
Grudge match of the fûcking year.

Can we all just take another moment and appreciate the sheer unadulterated idiocy of this.  ;D ;D

The perpetrator seems to have taken flight again.

:D

I genuinely feel for the genuine supporter, and no better encapsulation of that than theyellowbus's post above.

Here's hoping syphilis, sorry Sisyphus, sorry sorry Syferus is actually OK, and that he hasn't choked on his imaginary inflation of importance.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

RedHand88

MISSING PERSON

Answers to the name Syferus.
Known to have a disdain for Ulster football, Tyrone, Mickey Harte, Andy Moran, Ballaghaderreen etc.
May refer to Tyrone v Roscommon as a grudge match.

Missing since 5pm yesterday.

BennyHarp

Quote from: theyellowbus on July 15, 2018, 12:07:48 PM
That was hard to watch yesterday i gave us a small chance on the basis we might change things around at the back which i thought was going to be the case with the team announcement and that the Tyrone performance against cork was more to do with how poor cork were.
On both counts i was wrong.we were unbelievably naive in defence and from offensive point of view Tyrone were near awesome and the most frightening thing about it there is more improvement in that side of things from them.
They punish opposition mistakes so clinically that they just sink any feeling of competitiveness a side has and slowly grind them into submission before they make a mockery of them in the last twenty minutes.
They were a much improved side from when i seen them against meath and cavan and i think thats a big reason they are going to be very hard beat this year.
They improve from game to game and learn and tweak so that the next game they have another 10-15 percent improvement got and go again and learn
They will do the same from yesterdays game especially some of the sloppiness they had in defence at certain times not much mind you.
I fear for this current squad and their mental toughness especially with the two remaining games.
We don't have enough of that toughness in us to respond to set backs especially against top sides.
An u21 semi final was mentioned earlier between the two counties a coupe of years ago and its frightening how some of the players on both sides have in Tyrone case progressed and in our case regressed.

This is a good point and I don't want my view of things to be tarnished by the discussions on here but at the time of that game and during the aftermath there was a lot of finger pointing in Tyrone's direction about their tactics, behaviour etc after that game from certain quarters.(which may or may not have led to thoughts regarding a grudge match) So this is a genuine question, did Roscommon management sit down and critically evaluate themselves and reasons why Roscommon lost that All Ireland semi final? Blaming the opposition gives the players an excuse and doesn't encourage self analysis. Yes Tyrone may have bent the rules that day at times but they were also more tactically astute, prepared to work harder, more clinical up front, more disciplined in the tackle and much more hungry for every ball - the same advantages they had yesterday.
That was never a square ball!!

theyellowbus

I really liked the look of the Bradley lad who came on in the second half has a touch of class about him.
Donnelly at full forward did well and was a real handful and young Harte has some engine and football brain.

Will be a serious contest in Omagh and will not be for the fainthearted which at this stage of the competition is what people expect.

There seems to be a serious gap emerging between a group of 4/5 sides and the next 10-12 sides and then again the remaining 18 sides (including london + new york).
A lot of this is down to the internal workings/philosophies within the top sides and the current set ups they have at senior level and the support they get from county boards/finance.
This will only breed more success i believe in these counties and until other counties especially those with so called aspirations put some plan in place and evolve it and nurture it and most of all believe in it then this gap only gets bigger.
Its no good blaming croke park all the time football people in their own counties have to look from within too and see is this what we are happy with and do we want more.
If its more then an awful amount of hard work has to be put in first.

sensethetone

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 15, 2018, 12:47:41 PM
MISSING PERSON

Known to have a disdain for Ulster football, Tyrone, Mickey Harte, Andy Moran, Ballaghaderreen etc.

Probably find the Roscommon goalie while looking for Syferus.. maybe he is the goalie..

bigtogs

Roscommon where blowing out the hole after 20 minutes not fit or do they have physique to operate in croke park......

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 14, 2018, 11:53:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2018, 11:36:44 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 14, 2018, 11:15:38 PM
Never mind syphilis, sorry Sisyphus, sorry sorry Syferus, where's Connacht's number one  irrelevant interloper seafóid?

Resurface lads, all is forgiven, 'tis only a fecking game! ;)
The great league mist descended for how many weeks again, Fear? Just for the record like .

I would like to see Tyrone putting it up to Dublin.

Huh! Mist?

And yes, if these young buckos can't give the Dubs a right decent rattle in Healy Park we may need to, at the back of it all, focus all energies on Ballybofey two weeks henceforth. :D
The Super 8 is a glorified quarter final. If Tyrone dont make the final the year is a write off. Winners need ambition.
Even losing a final is not good enough.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 14, 2018, 07:47:12 PM
Roscommon should be out. Seriously, after shipping that sort of score - what right have they being there. Sorry Rossies but it's not going to get easier.
Ah, Jaysus Farr, this is most unlike you!  :D :D
Mayo fans know only too well what it feels like to be bet out the gate. It has happened too us often enough and probably will again.
I think you may be letting your annoyance with one immature anal orifice affect your judgement of all Rossie folks.
There are very sound Ross posters here and I know how they are feeling this morning.
However, to all of them, there is no point in wallowing in self-pity and life has to go on - there will be other better days.

Look on the positive side, the poor man's Tony Fearon, arch attention seeker, hasn't shtuck his shnout in the post match discussion and for small mercies O Lord, we are truly grateful. Amen. :D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 15, 2018, 12:47:41 PM
MISSING PERSON

The Monaghan lads will back me up on this. A number of prominent Throne posters disappeared after the county lost 2 league maches in a row.
Syf would have to be gone for a month to be remotely comparable.

https://youtu.be/-T6NKsPZxBA

Syferus

It's a pity we took a hammering off a team I think isn't going anywhere this year. If it was Dublin it would have almost tolerable. A lot of work to do on our system for next week and next year because it's just not giving us a chance in these sorts of games.

Jayop

Hard to fathom people calling Morgan a liability. His restarts yesterday were brilliant and he had a good game overall bring the ball out and saving a point over the bar.

The short free was stupid but two points, 1 it should have been a hop ball but Gough makes it up as he goes along regarding Tyrone and 2 the Rossies player wasn't back the required distance anyway so we could even have been able to take it again with a different ref.

longballin

Quote from: Syferus on July 15, 2018, 02:25:14 PM
It's a pity we took a hammering off a team I think isn't going anywhere this year. If it was Dublin it would have almost tolerable. A lot of work to do on our system for next week and next year because it's just not giving us a chance in these sorts of games.

youse have a system?   :D

omagh_gael

Brilliant Syf. Couldn't even bring yourself to positivity acknowledge the big bad red hands. Any thoughts on our game next week?

Syferus

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 15, 2018, 02:40:01 PM

Brilliant Syf. Couldn't even bring yourself to positivity acknowledge the big bad red hands. Any thoughts on our game next week?

Ye played well but everyone knows you were being marked by cardboard cutouts so I wouldn't get giddy just yet.

Dublin will beat ye, but not by 18 points..

RedHand88

Quote from: Syferus on July 15, 2018, 02:44:49 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 15, 2018, 02:40:01 PM

Ye played well but everyone knows you were being marked by cardboard cutouts so I wouldn't get giddy just yet.

Dublin will beat ye, but not by 18 points..

That's an understatement.