Poll

Would you pay in to watch ladies football?

Yes
56 (51.4%)
No
53 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Author Topic: Ladies football  (Read 21277 times)

StephenC

• View Profile
Re: Ladies football
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2021, 08:15:19 PM »
Super game. Me and the young fella watched it and it was a great advertisement for the game. Congrats Meath.

Sportacus

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2021, 08:45:00 PM »
Brilliant high tempo football from Meath.  I wouldn’t know them, but I thought 2, 6, 12, 13 and 14 were excellent.  I think 14 got player of the match, but 6 was serious as well, Aisling Cleary I think her name was.

The big blonde girl 13 got it, she battled and broke some tackles the whole game!! They’ll enjoy their pints of Guinness tonight
Ah right enough, she was unstoppable.

thejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2021, 08:46:18 PM »
Vicky Wall was 13. She’s had a big impact on the team since she’s come in to the squad. Perhaps we got a bit of luck with the goal but we fought hard for everything and deserved it in the end.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2021, 09:14:21 PM »
Well done to Meath, great victory. Really don’t like their style of play but you do whatever you have to in order to win the match and you can’t blame them, it worked.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2021, 09:36:36 PM »
The no.13 was excellent for Meath.

Rudi

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2021, 08:49:15 AM »
Well done Meath.

Not sorry for the Dublin manager  8)

He's on the coaching gravy train. Wouldn't think much of him (if he was an ice-cream would have himself licked to death by now) didn't stop the Roscommon county board tapping him up for the job after the Aidan O Rourke debacle. Have to give great credit to the Meath coaching set up, them lads know what they are at. Maybe Mick should go to a few of their coaching courses. ;D

MC

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2021, 10:35:51 AM »
Vicky Wall was 13. She’s had a big impact on the team since she’s come in to the squad. Perhaps we got a bit of luck with the goal but we fought hard for everything and deserved it in the end.

Not sure how much luck there was - the goal was a reward for pressuring the kickout with 11 players in the Dublin half and winning the ball. They had a similar turnover and chance just before that where they could have had a quick shot at goal from a tighter angle with the keeper scrambling back but they recycled the ball instead and took a point. The goal chance fell into the right hands with Emma Duggan - she has confirmed since she was going for the goal.

Captain Scarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2021, 10:51:48 AM »
That was a seriously well-drilled Meath outfit. They never panicked and were not afraid to take the direct opponent on.

Like the Dub lads, the women seemed a bit shell-shocked when it was really put up to them. Putting Goldrick on Wall was a bad move as she wasn't able for her and ended up sacrificing her own game too.
Dublin never stopped the goalie option either. She was so cool on the ball and gave a great 'out' at all times.

Good game and to be fair there were some hits and the game went on, although Dublin got a series of very soft frees in the second half.

Great game!

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2021, 11:08:46 AM »
Well done to Meath, great victory. Really don’t like their style of play but you do whatever you have to in order to win the match and you can’t blame them, it worked.

not sure I get this, their style of play was superb to watch and some of the scores they worked and took were absolutely brilliant..

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2021, 09:26:32 AM »
Watched the highlights again on TG4. Some of those scores Meath got were brilliant to watch. So well worked, especially the last two from no 11 and 12. I’d say it was probably the performance of the year. Great stuff.

Eire90

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2021, 10:13:09 AM »
is there any truth of four girls collapsing at a training session in sligo