USFC Round 1 : An Cabhan V An Dun

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 26, 2007, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Cavan will breeze through this tie. cavan 2-13 Down 0-11. You heard it here first. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

greygoose

Quote from: stew on May 01, 2007, 01:46:59 AM
Cavan will breeze through this tie. cavan 2-13 Down 0-11. You heard it here first. ;D

Stew.

I think your slightly jumping the gun with this prediction. Down will be the surprise package in this years UFC after a messy league campaign.

Ross & DJ will have the lads prepared for battle.

naka

what`s the prospects of stephen kearney playing

Fíor Gael

Quote from: naka on May 01, 2007, 04:30:54 PM
what`s the prospects of stephen kearney playing

Little to none, Down have enough forwards that rarely score!!!

bridgegael

think its time this thread was brought back to the top.

despite a poor league campaign, i think down aren't as bad a the league would suggest.  only for a few stupid mistakes and few bad decisions those narrow defeats could have been narrow wins.  watchin them play against louth in saval, i was impressed with full forward line, good movement and link up play.  you could say that louth were poor, but they can only beat whats put in front of them. i'll be going to breffni fairly confident of a win.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hollow Man on April 26, 2007, 02:42:30 PM
and that Gallagher can't cut it

holy feck - that 3-9 a couple of years ago, plus his form in county and club football thus far has been impressive enough
just because he's an outsider....
if you said he's past it, then that might be a debatable point

both teams for me have decent players
Grimley has transformed cavan - should some credit go to keoghan ?
I have to say I was some way wrong with my views on his appointment - whether Grimley is the brains or not.

Down will b
e a hungrier and more motivated side this year trying to escape the memories of an unlucky period under ORourke

two motivated and decent sides
Both have all the attributes required (Down not maybe a physicaly strong as required for champship football - but have speed)
both just seem to have problems puttin it all together on the day though.

would like Cavan to win, esp as I think Down are a bogey team for Derry.

hope its a good close game - it could be a cracker...esp in good weather

DownFanatic

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Ross has a big suprise up his sleeve for next Sunday.

superblues

Cloc Mor

QuoteThe more I think about it, the more I feel that Ross has a big suprise up his sleeve for next Sunday.

You sure?  Who might this be?

lfdown2

DownFanatic

Dunno what it could be but Ross even with the Down Minors a lock of years back and even when he was managing Mitchels always had a suprise up his sleeve. I remember when we played Mitchels in the JFC Semi Final about 5 years ago and we were all expecting Stephen Kearney to be playing centre half forward. For frig sake, Ross didnt even start him and when he did he brought him on at wing back and then switched him to corner forward and. He always seems to have something unsuspecting planned.

Cloc Mor

Mickey Doyle at centre half back.  Maybe DJ at wing half.  Decy Mussen on the other wing.  Damian Watson at top of the left.  Enough surprises - you heard it here first.

mylestheslasher

My heart says Cavan but my head says Down. I reckon whoever gets a firm grip in the middle will win the game. Cavan were beaten at midfield this year against Sligo, Antrim and even Waterford. Unless this is addressed tactically we won't win. Now every dog on the street in Cavan knows about this problem so you would imagine the management have a plan for this area. However, every dog on the street also knows that Anthony Forde is not a FB but nothing has been done by management at all about that - indeed he played there again in a challenge against Longford last weekend. On the day you never know what could happen but for me Down have to be strong favorites.

BallyhaiseMan

Lynchbhoy
Gallagher hasnt done enough from general play for the county this year so far,hes been good from frees,but i was expecting 3 or 4 points from play per game from Gallagher,its what he was capable off a few years ago.
I dont think he will be starting against Down.

I expect Cavan to beat Down with home advantage,but it will be tight.

Mourne Rover

It's been confirmed that the game is definitely not all-ticket. Breffni has a capacity approaching 30,000, and the expectation is that the crowd will be below 20,000. I think that the live tv coverage means a 4.15pm throw-in, with the minors presumably at around 2.30pm. Let's hope for a decent day and a better standard of football than the corresponding match last summer.