County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Nice to see a Roscommon man helping out our nicest neighbours.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

The rumour of Andy Moran is just that. No truth whatsoever.

Rossfan

I see Longford CB have issued a statement saying they haven't interviewed anyone yet.
Also rumours about of him getting the Laythrum job!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Rossfan on September 20, 2021, 10:06:25 AM
I see Longford CB have issued a statement saying they haven't interviewed anyone yet.
Also rumours about of him getting the Laythrum job!

Longford CB have a GAA name as head of the 'Find a Manager' Committee. I would hear a bit on the grapevine so I was surprised when news of Moran's imminent appointment become news.
It certainly was news to the County Board!

iorras

For a second there I thought it was a new fundraiser different than the "Win a House", "Win an Inter county manager"

Cunny Funt

Will Kildare supporters be pleased if Tom Cribbin is named the next Kildare senior football manager instead of Davy Burke?

IolarCoisCuain

Is Jack O'Connor nailed on for the Kerry job? Is not a bit of a backward step, with all due respect to the Dromid Pearses clubman?

Gael85

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 21, 2021, 02:25:46 PM
Will Kildare supporters be pleased if Tom Cribbin is named the next Kildare senior football manager instead of Davy Burke?

Thought Cribbin  done decent job with Westmeath but crazy for Kildare not to appoint Davy Burke.  Done great job with Confey, Kildare u20s, Sarsfields and Wicklow.

sid waddell

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 21, 2021, 09:26:44 PM
Is Jack O'Connor nailed on for the Kerry job? Is not a bit of a backward step, with all due respect to the Dromid Pearses clubman?
I doubt it because the one thing he'll be able to instill in Kerry is steel, and that's what they need. The rest pretty much takes care of itself. I'd fancy them for the All-Ireland next year.

Blowitupref

The latest odds

Jack O'Connor                 5/4

Eamon Fitzmaurice         5/1

Seamus Moynihan          6/1

Peter Keane                     7/1

John Sugrue                     8/1

Donie Buckley                 14/1

Michael Quirke                16/1

John Evans                        20/1

Maurice Fitzgerald          20/1

Depends on the management team with O'Connor, if he brings in a good tackling, Defensive coach they will be there or thereabouts for the All-Ireland title under him.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: sid waddell on September 21, 2021, 09:33:24 PM
I doubt it because the one thing he'll be able to instill in Kerry is steel, and that's what they need. The rest pretty much takes care of itself. I'd fancy them for the All-Ireland next year.

That "steel" didn't cut it against ourselves in the 2005 Final, and come to that, only Mick O'Dwyer (as manager) has had the necessary to vanquish the Red Hands in AI Finals.  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hound

I wouldnt be particularly a fan of Peter Keane, but I think he's been really hard done by!

They were a whisker away from Tyrone and I think would have handled Mayo (or Dublin) handy enough in the final.

I'd make them warm favourites to win next year if they retained Keane. But a new manager with new ideas, new gameplan, maybe new players, will inevitably lead to a step back, and while that may subsequently lead to two steps forward, it's more of a gamble.

toby47

Quote from: Hound on September 23, 2021, 09:38:49 AM
I wouldnt be particularly a fan of Peter Keane, but I think he's been really hard done by!

They were a whisker away from Tyrone and I think would have handled Mayo (or Dublin) handy enough in the final.

I'd make them warm favourites to win next year if they retained Keane. But a new manager with new ideas, new gameplan, maybe new players, will inevitably lead to a step back, and while that may subsequently lead to two steps forward, it's more of a gamble.

Look at Tyrone this year...

Hound

Quote from: toby47 on September 23, 2021, 11:21:59 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 23, 2021, 09:38:49 AM

Look at Tyrone this year...
Oh not saying first time managers can't win. It has happened quite a few times in the last 30 years.