Sean Boylan off to Carlow

Started by thejuice, April 22, 2007, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Sean Boylan is working as selector for Carlow with their new manger John Kearns. Best of luck Sean
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

I see the story on Hoganstand.com describes Seán's role as "consultant". I can't imnagine him going just as a selector. But I don't know what a "consultant" is in the context of football team management. A Bobby Robson type setup?

his holiness nb

Didnt he already turn down the managers job at Carlow?
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

EugeneGeraghty

Someone should have told Sean he has been appointed, he doesn't seem to know:

Hoganstand

Boylan refutes Carlow 'appointment' claims
25 April 2007

Sean Boylan has denied reports that he will have an involvement with the Carlow footballers in this year's championship.

The former Meath boss said there was no foundation to weekend reports that he had been employed as a consultant to newly appointed Carlow manager John Kearns. Boylan explained that his role thus far was to offer some advice to Carlow "in their endeavours to get things up and running again" following the resignation of Andy Shorthall in the latter stages of the county's ill-fated NFL campaign.

He insisted that his involvement with Carlow had not extended beyond offering one piece of advice, which was something he had often agreed to do with other teams in the past.

"One bit of advice. Nothing further than that," he stated.