Donegal v Tyrone Sun 29 March

Started by tyroneman, March 15, 2015, 07:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Am I right in thinking whoever wins this stays up?

Derry on 1 point so best they can do is 5

Tyrone and Donegal on 4. Head to head from this win will make both their last games irrelevant.

twohands!!!

One of the other sides on 6 points might not pick up any more points, so whoever loses could survive if they win their last game.

The rule is head-to-head if there are only 2 teams, if they're are 3 or more its point difference.

As an example if Mayo don't pick up any more points and Tyrone lose to Donegal but beat Kerry and no-other side ends up on 6 points, Mayo would be relegated and Tyrone would survive.

Also if Dublin don't pick up anymore points then Tyrone and Donegal would only need 2 points to survive.

Basically the loser of the game might have a mathematically possible chance of survival, but depending on other results isn't what you want.

Whoever wins the game will have a massive chance of staying up and whoever loses will require serious luck to avoid relegation.

Wildweasel74

Dublin don't pick up any more points?, they massacre Derry by 10Pt's with the current team they have out!

GrandMasterFlash

Sorry to disappoint you tyroneman but you're possible fate won't be decided until Sunday 29th March:

Round 6 - Sunday March 29th, 2015
Allianz Football League Roinn 1 2015 Round 6
3:00 PM
Donegal vs. Tyrone
Ballybofey

Referee: Joe Mc Quillan

Aaron Boone

Massive game. Donegal gave it a fair rattle down in Kerry, Tyrone losing to Cork as usual but in demoralising fashion.

Narrow Donegal win for me, with Tyrone still in with a chance if they beat Kerry in final match. Tyrone to survive on points difference and a county to be relegated on 6 points.

heffo

This should be a fascinating contest trying to figure out who can break the defensive stranglehold

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: heffo on March 17, 2015, 07:17:54 AM
This should be a fascinating contest trying to figure out who can break the defensive stranglehold

It'll be no more fascinating than the Donegal vs. Monaghan game, which wasn't that fascinating at all..  ::)

heffo

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 18, 2015, 08:52:03 AM

It'll be no more fascinating than the Donegal vs. Monaghan game, which wasn't that fascinating at all..  ::)

That's the party line isn't it how fascinating it is watching these tactical games of chess evolve?

donegal lad

Was much happier after our performance in kerry. Know we were beat but played much better, should be play to that level again would think we cone out on top considering we playing at home.

Fuzzman

Having watched Tyrone play well away to Dublin and home to Cork and throwing away a good lead each time I am a lot happier with the team now
Yes we will probably get relegated but maybe that's not the end of the world.

Much happier with our system and how we finding our forwards now with some good foot passing and less of the crabbing up the field style of play

Was disappointed with Mattie on Sunday but very pleased with McAliskey and McCurry.
With Morgan missing a lot of his frees now I think it really is affecting his confidence. I mean he made some good saves and catches but every time there is a long range free now the whole process of him slowly coming up and taking ages to take it and then going wide I think is taking away from any momentum we may have built up before the free.
Maybe a quick short free is sometimes better. We have enough forwards to kick scores from 40 yards from their hands

Muzz

Conditions may be playing a bit on Morgan's results at the minute.  I am sure after the Dublin game he went away and started kicking the same frees and on another night/day they would have went over.

Versus Cork same again the conditions did not suit his kicking style compared to that of Colm O'Neill.  After missing the first it was good to see Sean taking leadership and taking next free (taking the pressure off him despite Sean missing).  McCurry seems to be the most accurate and can kick them from 45 as long as its out of hands.

We still need Morgan to get back to his best!

Over the Bar

Tyrone haven't had a reliable free taker since Canavan retired. 

ONeill

The winner will still fancy making the semis.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: heffo on March 18, 2015, 09:47:21 AM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 18, 2015, 08:52:03 AM

That's the party line isn't it how fascinating it is watching these tactical games of chess evolve?

Some of them are fascinating in their own way, but the Donegal Monaghan game was just awful.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: ONeill on March 19, 2015, 08:11:28 PM
The winner will still fancy making the semis.
I don't know about Tyrone but Donegal have no interest whatever in getting to the knockout stages.

Tyrone in the championship is the only game in town as far as we're concerned.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.