The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: J70 on June 01, 2020, 05:49:37 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 01, 2020, 05:47:04 PM
The mind boggles, it truly does.....

?
Patrice Evra anyone.? Remember him. And the t shirt support of a racist after.

supersub

Please do not use this as a point scoring exercise for once, have a bit of decorum. You don't really care about Patrice Evra, you also conveniently forget that LFC apologised to Evra personally for the handling of the situation. Some people find the worst in everything.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: J70 on June 01, 2020, 05:34:26 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on June 01, 2020, 05:11:14 PM
Just seen the photos of the Liverpool players taking the knee, using the #unitisstrength and #blacklivesmatter. Excellent

COUGH
SUAREZ
Nothing to see here

The club has literally zero morals. Zero.

J70

Quote from: snoopdog on June 01, 2020, 11:10:12 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 01, 2020, 05:49:37 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 01, 2020, 05:47:04 PM
The mind boggles, it truly does.....

?
Patrice Evra anyone.? Remember him. And the t shirt support of a racist after.

The t-shirts were misguided, albeit hardly surprising that at the time the players would rally around a popular player who was adamant that he'd done nothing wrong. The club as a whole handled the whole affair incredibly poorly and, in my opinion, Dalglish's missteps were a significant factor in his losing his job at the end of that season.

Be that as it may, what does any of it have to do with Virgil Van Dijk and Gini Winaldjum, the two black players who organized this show of support?

Or indeed any of the other players and staff in the photo?

Chelsea released a similar club statement today.

Are they tethered and muzzled by their association with the Chelsea Headhunters? Or the accusations against John Terry by Anton Ferdinand?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 01, 2020, 11:51:11 PM
Just seen the photos of the Liverpool players taking the knee, using the #unitisstrength and #blacklivesmatter. Excellent

COUGH
SUAREZ
Nothing to see here

Was only a matter of time before you'd jump on it.
No updates on the Everton thread recently to mark the 25th anniversary of the cup win??
Since 1995 literally zero trophies. Zero  ;D

supersub

COUGH
SUAREZ
Nothing to see here

A bit like yourself in that case evidently. Disgusting.

Armamike

What crime have the players committed?

That's just, like your opinion man.

GiveItToTheShooters

The mancs and the bitters and the fans of basically every other club will stop at nothing in order to get a dig in at Liverpool, even bringing up Suarez, a player who Liverpool had every right to back throughout who wasn't even proved guilty.
Shameless individuals, but sure that's to be expected. The fume is delicious.

JoG2

Quote from: supersub on June 02, 2020, 12:34:03 PM

COUGH
SUAREZ
Nothing to see here

A bit like yourself in that case evidently. Disgusting.

A very nasty poster, thejournal.ie comments section would be a better fit

NAG1

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 02, 2020, 01:48:49 PM
The mancs and the bitters and the fans of basically every other club will stop at nothing in order to get a dig in at Liverpool, even bringing up Suarez, a player who Liverpool had every right to back throughout who wasn't even proved guilty.
Shameless individuals, but sure that's to be expected. The fume is delicious.

It may be delicious but it isnt wrong. You can't unwind history it is what it is.

The club acted disgracefully in the Evra situation that will live in the memory of other fans especially Utd fans, only natural.

So you can understand how this sticks in the throat a bit, even if the personell have moved on and new faces are in.

Everyone should condemn racism.

Boycey

J70

So what do you boys suggest?

That Liverpool FC should have went to Klopp and said "no, we're still in the doghouse, please tell Virgil and Gini stay quiet, even though the Suarez/Evra f**k-up had nothing to do with you or most of the personnel at the club"?

And if so, how long does this last?

Milltown Row2

It's done move on, they (this new team) have no baggage with the past.

I know why posters will look at this and have a pop but the ones complaining (pool lads) about it need to take a look at themselves, cause if shoe was on the other foot, they would do the same.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on June 02, 2020, 08:00:01 PM
So what do you boys suggest?

That Liverpool FC should have went to Klopp and said "no, we're still in the doghouse, please tell Virgil and Gini stay quiet, even though the Suarez/Evra f**k-up had nothing to do with you or most of the personnel at the club"?

And if so, how long does this last?

I don't expect u to do anything J70, but I still feel entitled to still be aggrieved about it. Somebody on here recently passed a comment, can't recall who, about Roy Keane being the man that let his country down if they can still feel like that 18 years on I can hold my grudges too  :). What got on my goat was the retweets hailing Liverpool's 'class' at this amazing gesture presumably from the same eejits who gave Evra pelters at the time. Even on here and I'm aware that Utd fans would be the same had the situation been reversed not one Liverpool fan broke rank for years and said it was racist. 

For what it's worth I wouldn't be that put out at the tweet, other than I'm not sure Liverpool,  or any club for that matter, really need to wade into the middle of it. Let the players make their gestures as many have and leave it at that? But this seems to be the mawkish way the world works nowadays. I'm sure Utd have/will make their own cringeworthy contribution.

By the way it wasn't the Suarez/Evra incident, it was just the Suarez incident