Cork v Tyrone, O'Moore Park, Portlaoise, 5pm, Sky Sports

Fermanagh v Kildare, Pairc Tailteann, Navan, 7pm, Sky Sports

Sunday July 8

GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship Round 4

Laois v Monaghan, Pairc Tailteann, Navan, 2pm

**Referees to be confirmed and E.T. if Necessary & Winner on the Day

ONeill

Some prize at stake for all counties.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

twohands!!!

The list of teams Cork have beaten in the championship in the last few years

2018 Tipperary
2017 Tipperary
2017 Waterford
2016 Limerick
2015 Clare
2014 Sligo
2014 Tipperary

You look at the absolute hammering by Kerry (who I think turned in more of a 7 out of 10 performance than an 8 or 9 out of 10 performance ), the Tipp win  and Cork's league results  - 3 wins against Down, Louth and Meath and 4 losses to Tipp, Clare, Cavan and Roscommon and you would have to say it would be a massive shock if Tyrone didn't get the win here.

I think the biggest danger to Tyrone is a lack of appetite amongst the Tyrone lads to be playing in the Super 8s. Watching the Cavan and Meath games, I didn't exactly see much evidence of hunger/desire from the Tyrone players for long periods.

Onthe40

The other side of that is they should've dumped Mayo out last year

omagh_gael

Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2018, 04:15:58 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 02, 2018, 10:54:40 AM
The winner of this tie, in my opinion, have got a great chance in super 8s. If I could have chosen a draw I'd have picked cork. Not because they're a soft touch but if you get through we'll meet Ros or Armagh in red 1 and (most importantly) get a home tie v Dublin. *If* you can get through in second place you'll miss the Dubs in semis.

Lots of miles to get there but may as well dream big. Bring it on!!

Given you're likely to be trimmed by Dublin again it would have been much better not to have your game burnt by being against Dublin. The winners of Roscommon/Armagh get a home game against Donegal and an away game to Dublin.

I don't know, I'd be happy enough to give the Dubs a rattle at home. See where we stand. Anyway, just the small matter of beating Cork who've always been a difficult team for us.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 02, 2018, 07:13:12 PM

2018 Tipperary
2017 Tipperary
2017 Waterford
2016 Limerick
2015 Clare
2014 Sligo
2014 Tipperary

You look at the absolute hammering by Kerry (who I think turned in more of a 7 out of 10 performance than an 8 or 9 out of 10 performance ), the Tipp win  and Cork's league results  - 3 wins against Down, Louth and Meath and 4 losses to Tipp, Clare, Cavan and Roscommon and you would have to say it would be a massive shock if Tyrone didn't get the win here.

I think the biggest danger to Tyrone is a lack of appetite amongst the Tyrone lads to be playing in the Super 8s. Watching the Cavan and Meath games, I didn't exactly see much evidence of hunger/desire from the Tyrone players for long periods.
What I see is group of players under a smart manager pacing themselves in the qualifiers as they did in 2013 and 2015.

BennyHarp

2018 Tipperary
2017 Tipperary
2017 Waterford
2016 Limerick
2015 Clare
2014 Sligo
2014 Tipperary

You didn't see any hunger in the Meath game as they pulled out a draw with the last kick of the game? Funny how people view things differently. If nothing else, in a relatively poor performance, at least that game displayed a fight and desire not to lose that was very encouraging. And again on Saturday when Cavan got back to level, a team with no hunger or desire would easily have folded. We are negotiating our way through these rounds very well in my view. Cork worries me though, they always have.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Yeah, always hated playing Cork. 2010 in Omagh was the last win and a jammy one at that.

Time for the current crop to write their own history.

Itchy

Tyrone will win easy. They are  it brilliant but cork are terrible.

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on July 02, 2018, 10:27:52 PM
Yeah, always hated playing Cork. 2010 in Omagh was the last win and a jammy one at that.

Time for the current crop to write their own history.
Who else do you hate playing?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

Maroon Manc

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 02, 2018, 08:23:51 PM

2018 Tipperary
2017 Tipperary
2017 Waterford
2016 Limerick
2015 Clare
2014 Sligo
2014 Tipperary

You didn't see any hunger in the Meath game as they pulled out a draw with the last kick of the game? Funny how people view things differently. If nothing else, in a relatively poor performance, at least that game displayed a fight and desire not to lose that was very encouraging. And again on Saturday when Cavan got back to level, a team with no hunger or desire would easily have folded. We are negotiating our way through these rounds very well in my view. Cork worries me though, they always have.

Thats very grim reading for Cork.

I wouldn't be worried by Cork, they might have given Mayo a game this time last year but it was a wide open game that suited Cork whilst Tyrone won't be so accommodating.

Rossfan

Ye Tyrone bucks are fkd.
Frank Murphy is going at the end of the year so to send him off Cork hurlers will win the AI and their footballers will be in the last 8.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

Is the average height of the Corks ones still 6'6''?