GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Those pitches said closed about 11 weeks ago and loads have been on every day since lol.

The sign closed was replaced by no playing golf as kids were running about and boys were banging golf balls about. Eejits lol.

Yeah you are probably right about limited numbers. I wonder how they pick who goes.

themac_23

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 09, 2020, 09:17:53 AM
Those pitches said closed about 11 weeks ago and loads have been on every day since lol.

The sign closed was replaced by no playing golf as kids were running about and boys were banging golf balls about. Eejits lol.

Yeah you are probably right about limited numbers. I wonder how they pick who goes.

Seen a few soccer clubs training on saturday, in fairness they were all keeping a good distance and seemed to be working in small groups, mostly running and looked a few small passing drills, dont really see an issue with it. they were on council pitches where theres loads of room. was also a gaa club doing a bit of running, didnt have any footballs with them just running, again was a small group and well spaced out. id say the number of teams starting to do that will increase over the next few weeks

the goal was on

council pitches are closed so id love to know where these organised training sessions were ongoing :'( :'( Lots of false reporting flying about, could be a new symptom of covid.

imtommygunn

On the council pitches beside me... Either it was organised or a dozen or so kids happened to bump into each other, set out cones and put on bibs themselves then proceed to play between the cones ;D

johnnycool

Down CB are very explicit on this;

Final Point - Team and Player Insurance, cover will not be in place until the return to train date of June 29. Using the local park or local Council facility or the Soccer pitch, or the farmers field is not permitted, your players are not covered by Insurance, as a Club you should not be exposing them and their families to risk.

bigarsedkeeper

Are other sports having to go through all the same checks etc as GAA clubs are being asked to do? Such as Covid supervisors, registering every person at the grounds etc

Blowitupref

John Prenty said taking the Connacht final to Croke Park is a possibility being considered. Could we get a situation that all provincial finals this year are played in headquarters especially if its allowed 42,000 capacity?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

the goal was on

john horan chatting through his hole again. 40,000 into croker?, 2 metre queues on way in, pubs, petrol stations etc, 2 metre distancing for toliet/drinks etc?. It will be next year before a mass gathering of this is allowed.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Smurfy123

I said it at the time. John Horan on the Sunday game at the time went on a solo run and it's came back to bite him and badly
As it's sits the 6 counties have in fact been left behind
Horan has not covered himself in glory

PMG1

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 20, 2020, 03:13:08 PM
I said it at the time. John Horan on the Sunday game at the time went on a solo run and it's came back to bite him and badly
How is it John Horan's vault the 6 counties have been left behind? It's our f**ked up Stormont executive's fault, useless parties on both sides too busy playing games with each other to worry about the people they are meant to represent. Horan and Croke Park has done a great job in my opinion

Cunny Funt

Quote from: PMG1 on June 20, 2020, 04:34:19 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 20, 2020, 03:13:08 PM
How is it John Horan's vault the 6 counties have been left behind? It's our f**ked up Stormont executive's fault, useless parties on both sides too busy playing games with each other to worry about the people they are meant to represent. Horan and Croke Park has done a great job in my opinion

I'd agree and I'd be critical of both in the past.

Rossfan

Agree too.
Smurf should stick to his area of expertise ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

6th sam

Quote from: Rossfan on June 20, 2020, 05:46:46 PM
Agree too.
Smurf should stick to his area of expertise ;D

Have to say I was shocked and pleased with most of the GAA changes today. However I'd  be concerned that there is a distinction between 6 counties and 26 counties. With appropriate political representation and liaison with other All-Island sporting bodies, the GAA should have been lobbying for training groups of 15 across the island , before going to press, as I think this unity could easily have been achieved-and still can.
GAA also need to urgently address the financial disparity across all counties, as post Covid there will be significant challenges, and financial fair play will be essential to maintain the integrity of the association.

yellowcard

From a purely selfish point of view this announcement today of bringing forward the easing of restrictions is a positive. We need some form of social outlet after what has been a suffocating time for most people. However I can't help but feel that it is a reaction to sustained heavy criticism from some media commentators such as Colm O'Rourke and I really hope that we don't have to tighten restrictions again before the season is out. Huge onus is now being put onto a lot of unpaid volunteers to assist with planning and implementation of the new measures and the cabal of paid coaches and media hacks who led the charge for the quick return to play will be happy that the till is now turning again.