The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Mentioned it on the match thread yesterday, Flynn on radio 1 talking about derry's "great run through the qualifiers" - an away win against Waterford ffs  :o

Minder

Marty didn't disappoint with the "there are footballers in ......." when Lee Chin kicked the ball, he has been at that shite for 20 years +
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

omagh_gael

Slightly off topic but Eamon O'Hara came out with a stinker on RTE radio1 when covering the match with Carty. After a Kerry player scored a point (may have been O'Donaghue) he said "like the postman, he always delivers."

seafoid

It was great to hear Henry Shefflin saying the Kilkenny forwards are not up to scratch.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 02, 2017, 06:46:31 PM
Gotta love the way Michael Lyster announced, twice, that the post match discussion continued on Facebook but didn't tell you which sodding page to go to... I tried RTÉ 2's page, RTÉ's sport page and The Sunday Game page and couldn't find anything.

Gave up trying to find it too, ridiculous. Amateur hour over there under Ryle Rugger Nugent.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Main Street

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 03, 2017, 07:56:13 AM
Slightly off topic but Eamon O'Hara came out with a stinker on RTE radio1 when covering the match with Carty. After a Kerry player scored a point (may have been O'Donaghue) he said "like the postman, he always delivers."
Dessie stuttered a bit mid-sentence when making that utterance. I suspect he was worried if there was an associated innuendo to the expression, lucky for him he didn't say milkman instead of postman.

red hander

Quote from: Main Street on July 03, 2017, 09:20:40 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 03, 2017, 07:56:13 AM
Dessie stuttered a bit mid-sentence when making that utterance. I suspect he was worried if there was an associated innuendo to the expression, lucky for him he didn't say milkman instead of postman.

He must be taking lessons from Sidearse on the BBC

Itchy

Quote from: Minder on July 02, 2017, 07:27:31 PM
Marty didn't disappoint with the "there are footballers in ......." when Lee Chin kicked the ball, he has been at that shite for 20 years +

Ah Marty "the tension is palpable" Morrissey

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Itchy on July 03, 2017, 10:37:11 PM

The tension does be fairly palpable in my house when I hear Marty is commentating.

AZOffaly

Ger Canning is worse. I thought his flippant remark when there was real concern over Fionn Fitzgerald on Sunday was poor. "He'll have a bit of a headache in the morning". That was a nasty bang.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 04, 2017, 10:33:33 AM
Ger Canning is worse. I thought his flippant remark when there was real concern over Fionn Fitzgerald on Sunday was poor. "He'll have a bit of a headache in the morning". That was a nasty bang.

Surely was, could've done some serious damage to himself, great to see him able to lift the cup at the end. Canning is another dose but isn't too bad on shows like Seo Spoirt. Looks like we were spoilt for years with O'Hehir and Ó Muircheartaigh, surely to Christ though rte could come up with a better way to recruit their commentators. Then again I suppose they'd have to be arsed about their GAA output before that could happen.

rosnarun

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 04, 2017, 11:29:34 AM

Surely was, could've done some serious damage to himself, great to see him able to lift the cup at the end. Canning is another dose but isn't too bad on shows like Seo Spoirt. Looks like we were spoilt for years with O'Hehir and Ó Muircheartaigh, surely to Christ though rte could come up with a better way to recruit their commentators. Then again I suppose they'd have to be arsed about their GAA output before that could happen.
Didnt mickey harte tell us years ago Brian carthy was the man to take over.
a proper Gaa man
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 04, 2017, 10:29:48 AM
Quote from: Itchy on July 03, 2017, 10:37:11 PM

The tension does be fairly palpable in my house when I hear Marty is commentating.
Yep, find him even less bearable than Canning, and worse again on the radio if he's commentating there.

A continuous loop of him and Carr or Carney on commentary would be an effective torture technique I reckon.

seafoid

Quote from: rosnarun on July 04, 2017, 11:55:56 AM

a proper Gaa man
Did you ever look at his twitter? He is a GAA fundamentalist. No other interests
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lenny

Quote from: rosnarun on July 04, 2017, 11:55:56 AM

a proper Gaa man

And he's still boycotting rte over carty not getting the job.