Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: skeog on September 28, 2017, 03:50:44 PM
Will Carrickmore host senior final if Omagh beat Trillick.

Play it in Armagh to frig

toby47

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 28, 2017, 11:55:55 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on September 28, 2017, 11:48:51 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 28, 2017, 11:46:42 AM
Quote from: Club boi on September 28, 2017, 11:40:36 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 28, 2017, 10:55:26 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 28, 2017, 10:48:44 AM
Quote from: vallankumous on September 28, 2017, 10:40:45 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 28, 2017, 10:36:39 AM
. Every club in the top 7 in Tyrone have all underachieved!!!!!

Couldn't agree more.

Trillick??
But not all paying a man top dollar.
That's the real point.

7/8 teams paying dollar surely....

I was going to list the teams "I" believe/have heard are paying their management but it would take all day. Much easier to list who isnt

Fire Away ............

I know of one club who are paying their own club man. Its to be expected that outside managers are getting compensated.

In this county??

Bellaghy paid Damien Cassidy once upon a time

Walter Cronc

Quote from: toby47 on September 28, 2017, 04:49:12 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Trillick??
That's the real point.

I was going to list the teams "I" believe/have heard are paying their management but it would take all day. Much easier to list who isnt

Fire Away ............

I know of one club who are paying their own club man. Its to be expected that outside managers are getting compensated.

In this county??

Nothing new there. Do they not currently pay Joe Cassidy?

toby47

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 28, 2017, 04:54:43 PM
Quote from: toby47 on September 28, 2017, 04:49:12 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Trillick??
That's the real point.

Fire Away ............

In this county??

Nothing new there. Do they not currently pay Joe Cassidy?

Could well do. Have heard of a couple of managers more recently taking money off their own clubs. Its getting more common

Walter Cronc

Cassidy is commuting from Ballycastle I believe.

Becoming more common surely.

tothetop03

Walter Cronc

Paying an outside man is a short term solution imo.

Pumping your resources into internal coaching development and underage development will bear fruit long term.

tothetop03

Quote from: Thastheball on September 28, 2017, 05:48:40 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on September 28, 2017, 12:30:10 PM
I have never been able to understand why a Gael is very happy to pay a manager who is a complete stranger to their club, but appalled at having to pay a friend, neighbour, club colleague to manage their club. They both have the same responsibilities.

I will ask this question again

Great question....madness when we stop to think about it....

Up The Middle

Any man that takes money from his own club or county for that matter has no interest in the gaa only themselves.  If they need compensated for their time then don't get involved. You'd need some brass neck on you to go and lift your brown envelope every weekend from a clubman of your own.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

rrhf

Agreed. A strong gaa club/ community  is the greatest asset a parish or village will have. But it costs lots to keep it going and in many ways that is a cost to the community through fundraising. If you are a benefactor then you can't charge your community.

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: Thastheball on September 29, 2017, 09:34:00 AM
Quote from: rrhf on September 29, 2017, 08:48:38 AM
Agreed. A strong gaa club/ community  is the greatest asset a parish or village will have. But it costs lots to keep it going and in many ways that is a cost to the community through fundraising. If you are a benefactor then you can't charge your community.

You can't, but your happy to pay the stranger? It has to be an Irish begrudgery thing more than anything else. The Gaa is built on parochialism and that means inward self help, that model also promotes begrudgery. If logic was applied and emotion taken out of it, the argument is a dead duck

Do you really think that it would be fair for a club to pay its own club man to manage a senior team? Does that mean the whole management set up of the seniors? What about youth management? Youth Officers, the man who marks the pitch, the girl who washes the jerseys, the lotto sellers, the ticket sellers or the lads who carry out the maintenance work around the grounds?  Should they all be paid?
Is the senior manager the most important person in the club in your opinion?
I don't!
I don't mind a few expenses for the outside man as he has mileage and using his phone to contact teams and his players but to supplement a man as much as a weekly wage is just wrong.
Where has the amateur ethos gone?

tothetop03

Quote from: Thastheball on September 29, 2017, 10:22:43 AM
Quote from: an léirmheastóir on September 29, 2017, 10:02:06 AM

You can't, but your happy to pay the stranger? It has to be an Irish begrudgery thing more than anything else. The Gaa is built on parochialism and that means inward self help, that model also promotes begrudgery. If logic was applied and emotion taken out of it, the argument is a dead duck

Do you really think that it would be fair for a club to pay its own club man to manage a senior team? Does that mean the whole management set up of the seniors? What about youth management? Youth Officers, the man who marks the pitch, the girl who washes the jerseys, the lotto sellers, the ticket sellers or the lads who carry out the maintenance work around the grounds?  Should they all be paid?
I don't!
I don't mind a few expenses for the outside man as he has mileage and using his phone to contact teams and his players but to supplement a man as much as a weekly wage is just wrong.

I am not trying to be smart or ignorant when I say this, but the where have you been living the past ten years, very few senior clubs don't pay. This argument about lotto seller etc is completely irrelevant as currently all the things you outlined are continuing even with paid managers. My question is still why a club is happy to pay the stranger but not the neighbour, friend or club member. as I said before, not wanting to do it is completely about begrudgery, as the when paying the outside man the principle of being amateur has been conceded, and that was done along time ago, therefore the only conclusion is begrudery.

Don't start me about the 'expenses' paid to county boards or the Ulster council which has over 40 paid employees and then come back with the argument about not paying a manager. This nut was cracked along time ago.

Surely the likes of Mickey Harte and Peter Canavan have handed back all the coin to their club/county they have racked in over the years..

tothetop03

Suppose all men selling club gear hand all the coin back to the club as well especially their own club

I might be wrong do most clubs not sell their own club gear?

LeoMc

Quote from: Thastheball on September 29, 2017, 10:22:43 AM
Quote from: an léirmheastóir on September 29, 2017, 10:02:06 AM

I don't!

I am not trying to be smart or ignorant when I say this, but the where have you been living the past ten years, very few senior clubs don't pay. This argument about lotto seller etc is completely irrelevant as currently all the things you outlined are continuing even with paid managers. My question is still why a club is happy to pay the stranger but not the neighbour, friend or club member. as I said before, not wanting to do it is completely about begrudgery, as the when paying the outside man the principle of being amateur has been conceded, and that was done along time ago, therefore the only conclusion is begrudery.

Don't start me about the 'expenses' paid to county boards or the Ulster council which has over 40 paid employees and then come back with the argument about not paying a manager. This nut was cracked along time ago.
Would Physios working with their own club be paid?

Club boi

Couldn't agree more.

That's the real point.

Fire Away ............

Some debate started. Reason I asked is because I believe 90% + of Clubs across the 3 divisions are paying their managers