American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Browns taking abc early dog at free agency, traded for Travis Taylor, Jarvis Landry & Randall from GB. All three should immediately improve them
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oraisteach

Pleased with the Browns' moves.  Tyrod Taylor is a much better bridge QB than other options (e.g. McCarron). He's used to playing in bitter Lake Erie winter weather. All I want now is for the move to persuade LT Joe Thomas to stay for another year to block for him.  Happy too that with all the trades the Browns still managed to keep their 1st and 2nd round draft picks, I believe.

Minder

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 10, 2018, 05:39:40 PM
Pleased with the Browns' moves.  Tyrod Taylor is a much better bridge QB than other options (e.g. McCarron). He's used to playing in bitter Lake Erie winter weather. All I want now is for the move to persuade LT Joe Thomas to stay for another year to block for him.  Happy too that with all the trades the Browns still managed to keep their 1st and 2nd round draft picks, I believe.

Yeah 65th pick for Taylor I think, top of the third round. Shelton away to the Pats by the look of it

Capt Pat

Richard Sherman signs with the 49ers on a 3 year deal.

stew

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 11, 2018, 01:21:38 AM

Some player but past his best. Salary cap implications for the 9ers.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Quote from: stew on March 11, 2018, 08:59:47 AM

Dunno can't imagine there are huge guarantees for a player that is 30 coming off a torn Achilles

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Minder on March 11, 2018, 10:55:20 AM
Quote from: stew on March 11, 2018, 08:59:47 AM

Dunno can't imagine there are huge guarantees for a player that is 30 coming off a torn Achilles

Great signing if he stays fit. A lot of die hard faithful furious. Niners had a ton of cap to play with this off season.

magpie seanie

I love what the Browns are doing. Sherman a great pickup for the 49ers and a contract where Sherman is backing himself makes sense. Word is that he's recovering well and will be ready for training camp no problem. He's getting on but still and incredible player. Russell Wilson will now have to deal with him twice a season. Seattle are really in full rebuild mode.

TabClear

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 11, 2018, 11:58:51 PM
I love what the Browns are doing. Sherman a great pickup for the 49ers and a contract where Sherman is backing himself makes sense. Word is that he's recovering well and will be ready for training camp no problem. He's getting on but still and incredible player. Russell Wilson will now have to deal with him twice a season. Seattle are really in full rebuild mode.

The Browns trading is brilliant, whatever way it goes. They have messed up the draft so many times they may as well try and take advantage of their picks, salary cap space (and other teams lack of) to make a big statement. Apparently they have left other teams plans in a mess.

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

gallsman

Cousins confirmed to the Vikings. 3 years, $86m. Fully guaranteed.

magpie seanie

That's a lot of money.

Delighted about Allen Robinson to da Bears.

Watkins to KC and Keenum to the Broncos also good moves for those teams.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 13, 2018, 04:31:24 PM
That's a lot of money.

Will be dwarfed by Rodgers new deal this summer I would say

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on March 13, 2018, 05:19:37 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 13, 2018, 04:31:24 PM
That's a lot of money.

Will be dwarfed by Rodgers new deal this summer I would say

Rightly so.

Minder

Sam Bradford to the Cards

Whadyyya think of that AZ Offaly ? (In Kieran Donaghy voice)

Clov

All things considered, Cousins has played his cards very well. With a fully guaranteed contract and two franchise tags banked he'll have made almost $130 million by the time his next contract negotiations come around (at age 32!).
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"