Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on November 03, 2019, 02:26:09 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 03, 2019, 01:05:32 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 03, 2019, 12:45:55 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2019, 12:10:06 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2019, 12:03:14 PM
What company is nearby to Quinns and "worth" 10 times as much? Are you  talking about Kingspan?

Yes.

By nearby you mean about an hour away. Take a look at a map

It's about 30 minutes from the border.

This extortion gang must not be fully committed to their extortion business or expanding their market.

Or it may be because it is a bunch of thugs for hire who are being hired to carry out these attacks and it has nothing to do with extortion.

You said nearby to Quinn which it's not.

I think you will find it was you who phrased it nearby to Quinns , not I.

And I'm glad that you are agreeing this extortion gang are only fair weather extortionists which is a somewhat self defeating excuse for SQ?

Can you explain why other big businesses near the border region are not being targeted for extortion in a sustained campaign of violence and intimidation as you believe QIH are?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on November 03, 2019, 07:03:24 PM
What company is nearby to Quinns and "worth" 10 times as much? Are you  talking about Kingspan?

Yes.

This extortion gang must not be fully committed to their extortion business or expanding their market.

Or it may be because it is a bunch of thugs for hire who are being hired to carry out these attacks and it has nothing to do with extortion.

And I'm glad that you are agreeing this extortion gang are only fair weather extortionists which is a somewhat self defeating excuse for SQ?

Can you explain why other big businesses near the border region are not being targeted for extortion in a sustained campaign of violence and intimidation as you believe QIH are?

Where did I say any gang was using extortion against any company. I gave my thoughts on what was going on earlier and never mentioned that. So what are you blathering on about now?

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on November 03, 2019, 07:09:27 PM

Yes.

Where did I say any gang was using extortion against any company. I gave my thoughts on what was going on earlier and never mentioned that. So what are you blathering on about now?

Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 05:22:36 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 31, 2019, 11:32:00 AM
QuoteParish priest claims 'angry' Sean Quinn confronted him

THE parish priest of Ballyconnell, Fr Oliver O'Reilly, who in a homily blamed the abduction and attack on Kevin Lunney on a 'Mafia-style group' with its own godfather, has responded to Sean Quinn's first television interview since the attack.

Friday night's interview with Mr Quinn, on Channel 4 on Friday evening heard the former tycoon recall how he was "very nice to the priest" when he visited him at his parochial house, but he told him, "you're wrong, wrong, wrong," in relation to his homily. However, Fr O'Reilly told the Sunday Independent that when Mr Quinn called at his door he was "angry" and was "objecting to the tone of my homily".

The priest said he told Mr Quinn that the person he referred to in the homily "could be anybody".

https://fermanaghherald.com/2019/10/parish-priest-claims-angry-sean-quinn-confronted-him/

Do you know the priest? I do and his brother too. And I can tell you most locals were not too impressed with his "homily", he actually brought in a outsiders to cheer him on. Mad for limelight, hence going talking to newspapers. The truth that many are missing, and not condoning what is going on, is that there is a threat that assets will be sold in the area. This thuggery is a reaction to that and I personally do not believe there is a "godfather" behind it. I believe this is a CIRA group trying to look relevant by latching onto a cause.

You told us you believe that the CIRA are looking to latch on to a cause, that is refuted both by the Gardai and the QIH directors.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/kevin-lunney-attack-criminal-gang-has-no-political-ideology-1.4029321

You told us that there is a worry that jobs might go and assets will be sold, a few of us on here have shown that be absolute pie in the sky stuff.

There's only one fairly plausible explanation in terms of why these attacks are taking place and who could possibly be behind them, I think it's quite clear who the people who are the victims of this campaign of violence and intimidation believe is behind it. They don't believe it is extortion, they don't believe it's political, they don't believe it's a vigilante mob of angry locals - they believe it's a gang of thugs who have been hired to carry out these acts by a wealthy benefactor who will stand to gain from the Quinn family regaining ownership.

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on November 03, 2019, 07:29:51 PM

Yes.

THE parish priest of Ballyconnell, Fr Oliver O'Reilly, who in a homily blamed the abduction and attack on Kevin Lunney on a 'Mafia-style group' with its own godfather, has responded to Sean Quinn's first television interview since the attack.

Friday night's interview with Mr Quinn, on Channel 4 on Friday evening heard the former tycoon recall how he was "very nice to the priest" when he visited him at his parochial house, but he told him, "you're wrong, wrong, wrong," in relation to his homily. However, Fr O'Reilly told the Sunday Independent that when Mr Quinn called at his door he was "angry" and was "objecting to the tone of my homily".

The priest said he told Mr Quinn that the person he referred to in the homily "could be anybody".

https://fermanaghherald.com/2019/10/parish-priest-claims-angry-sean-quinn-confronted-him/

Do you know the priest? I do and his brother too. And I can tell you most locals were not too impressed with his "homily", he actually brought in a outsiders to cheer him on. Mad for limelight, hence going talking to newspapers. The truth that many are missing, and not condoning what is going on, is that there is a threat that assets will be sold in the area. This thuggery is a reaction to that and I personally do not believe there is a "godfather" behind it. I believe this is a CIRA group trying to look relevant by latching onto a cause.

You told us you believe that the CIRA are looking to latch on to a cause, that is refuted both by the Gardai and the QIH directors.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/kevin-lunney-attack-criminal-gang-has-no-political-ideology-1.4029321

You told us that there is a worry that jobs might go and assets will be sold, a few of us on here have shown that be absolute pie in the sky stuff.

There's only one fairly plausible explanation in terms of why these attacks are taking place and who could possibly be behind them, I think it's quite clear who the people who are the victims of this campaign of violence and intimidation believe is behind it. They don't believe it is extortion, they don't believe it's political, they don't believe it's a vigilante mob of angry locals - they believe it's a gang of thugs who have been hired to carry out these acts by a wealthy benefactor who will stand to gain from the Quinn family regaining ownership.

Where did I mention extortion????

Just confirm I didnt and move on and stop making an even bigger fool of yourself.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on November 03, 2019, 07:31:32 PM

Yes.

Just confirm I didnt and move on and stop making an even bigger fool of yourself.

I'm not making a fool of myself.

I'm just looking through some of the scenarios and I think it's fair to say some of the excuses trotted out for SQ here are risible and you are heavily involved in that.

The stuff about jobs being at risk and relocation is absolutely mental and makes absolutely no commercial sense yet you put it up as a reason.
The extortion angle falls at the first hurdle, the political angle falls at the first hurdle.

The only theory regarding the motive of the attacks that seems very plausible is that of which the victims of this campaign, believe is what is happening - thugs for hire are being paid by a wealthy benefactor who stands to gain from the Quinn family regaining control over the business.

Yet you don't believe that is the case, you put up pie in the sky theories as a more realistic motive.

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on November 03, 2019, 07:37:28 PM

Yes.

I'm just looking through some of the scenarios and I think it's fair to say some of the excuses trotted out for SQ here are risible and you are heavily involved in that.

The stuff about jobs being at risk and relocation is absolutely mental and makes absolutely no commercial sense yet you put it up as a reason.
The extortion angle falls at the first hurdle, the political angle falls at the first hurdle.

The only theory regarding the motive of the attacks that seems very plausible is that of which the victims of this campaign, believe is what is happening - thugs for hire are being paid by a wealthy benefactor who stands to gain from the Quinn family regaining control over the business.

Yet you don't believe that is the case, you put up pie in the sky theories as a more realistic motive.

WHERE DID I MENTION EXTORTION?

It is a simple question.

Hint - The answer is that I didnt and you were wrong to suggest I did.

Now I am finished in dealing with you, you are clearly incapable of holding any sort of rational discussion so you can fire away posting shite to your hearts content unchallenged in this thread now.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on November 03, 2019, 07:39:53 PM

Yes.

It is a simple question.

Now I am finished in dealing with you, you are clearly incapable of holding any sort of rational discussion so you can fire away posting shite to your hearts content unchallenged in this thread now.

Maybe you should have stated you didn't mention extortion before you got into a debate trying to defend that angle. I put forward the example of Kingspan as a means of pouring cold water on the extortion angle - you got involved in the debate then and now when you realise how silly you looked trying to defend it, you are saying you never mentioned extortion. You tried to defend it as a plausible theory though.

I'm aghast that the only theory you have tried to discount here is the one that is the only seriously plausible one.

If we are talking about rational and logical debate here then you are deluded beyond any realm of sensibility. Remind us how jobs are at risk of QIH relocating all their plant equipment, machinery, skilled labour, commercial location, competitive labour costs, access to their main market, raw materials and so forth to an alternative in what is clearly a company performing very well commercially as is - because that is exactly what you put forward as a motivation for these attacks.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2019, 09:12:25 PM
Quote from: t_mac on November 02, 2019, 09:04:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2019, 11:23:14 AM
Quote from: t_mac on November 02, 2019, 11:17:39 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 02, 2019, 01:02:42 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2019, 12:52:14 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 02, 2019, 12:12:46 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2019, 12:06:20 AM
Quote from: fearbrags on November 01, 2019, 11:37:33 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 10:26:53 PM
Quote from: redzone on November 01, 2019, 10:11:24 PM
Nothing to do with quinn. About protection money, or lack of it.

Bull

Shit

Well It makes sense to me Ie When Sean was in charge he paid the ""protection money"" now they dont pay it so these rough man tactics are the result

It's a risible and insulting theory.

Why do the victims of the attacks not think that it is a protection racket? They have been very explicit in saying that the attacks have been carried out by thugs for hire and that there's a moneyman behind them. The protection racket must be a multi million pound per annum gig with Quinn as the campaign is sure as hell costing a lot to run.

Did this extortion gang ever think of targetting Kingspan who have a market value in the billions? They could make a killing if they go with the same campaign as they have conducted against QIH.
You do realise that the KL attack ended any chance of SQ being involved in QIH again. He publicly admitted this. So explain me the logic behind the attack in that case?

I don't believe that at all, Sean Quinn claimed he was a fool who was duped by the banks 10 years ago, now he is claiming he wouldn't have anything to do with these attacks as only a fool would do it and he's not a fool. He's a pathological liar.

The logic behind that attack was to intimidate the QIH management meeting to step down and for potential investors to be warned, make business in its current situation unprofitable and untenable and allow to Quinns to swan in and pick the business up for a song

What SQ publicly proclaims is probably going to be a million miles from the truth and then there is SQJ to take into account......
Fair enough you have your opinion and it's pointless debating. Your not going to change your's and I can't see mine changing unless you bring few facts to the party regarding the attacks. So we're wasting each other's time and it's getting late. Early start tomorrow.

This boyo doesn't deal in facts, this platform is ideal for him to slander folk with no evidence all under the cloak of anonymity, a coward of the highest order.

Slander folk?

What about the QIH directors who have been the subject to this campaign of violence, intimidation and slander?

As usual you have a lot to say but it's all hot air. Why don't you put your name to it rather than hiding behind your username?

The irony, you really are a bit of a ballbag aren't you.

I'm a guy who can express his opinions and articulate why.

You're the guy who goes around blowing off hot air and personally insulting people as you are very insecure about your intellectual ability or lack of.

No you are a coward spouting shite about folk under the cloak of anonymity, if you think you have any intellectual ability that just means you are a delusional ballbag.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 03, 2019, 07:47:42 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 03, 2019, 07:39:53 PM

Yes.

It is a simple question.

Maybe you should have stated you didn't mention extortion before you got into a debate trying to defend that angle. I put forward the example of Kingspan as a means of pouring cold water on the extortion angle - you got involved in the debate then and now when you realise how silly you looked trying to defend it, you are saying you never mentioned extortion. You tried to defend it as a plausible theory though.

I'm aghast that the only theory you have tried to discount here is the one that is the only seriously plausible one.

If we are talking about rational and logical debate here then you are deluded beyond any realm of sensibility. Remind us how jobs are at risk of QIH relocating all their plant equipment, machinery, skilled labour, commercial location, competitive labour costs, access to their main market, raw materials and so forth to an alternative in what is clearly a company performing very well commercially as is - because that is exactly what you put forward as a motivation for these attacks.
You have a theory. Your entitled to that. Indeed you may even be right about it. But there's no facts to back up what you are very  clearly alluding to. That's what you struggle with.

Franko

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 03, 2019, 08:59:38 PM
You have a theory. Your entitled to that. Indeed you may even be right about it. But there's no facts to back up what you are very  clearly alluding to. That's what you struggle with.

Sorry SS.  Have to call you on this one.  There are no facts to prove what he is alluding to but there are plenty of facts back it up.

I started out (and may indeed have posted in this thread) as a defender of SQ.  I've done a complete 180 here in the past few months/years and I'd say there's plenty more like me.

He thinks he has an automatic right to re-take ownership of a business he lost through reckless gambling.  He doesn't.

He spat the dummy and walked away when basically presented with an unbelievably generous gift of £1m per year.  This beggars belief.  I'd be fairly sure this money would have come even if he never put his nose in the gate of one of those premises in his life again.

The business would seem to be in safe hands and local employment is being maintained.

SQ needs to suck it up and step away.  He built a great business but got too big for his boots, started dabbling in stuff he hadn't a clue about and got burned.

trileacman

Quote from: Franko on November 04, 2019, 06:01:49 PM

Sorry SS.  Have to call you on this one.  There are no facts to prove what he is alluding to but there are plenty of facts back it up.

I started out (and may indeed have posted in this thread) as a defender of SQ.  I've done a complete 180 here in the past few months/years and I'd say there's plenty more like me.

He thinks he has an automatic right to re-take ownership of a business he lost through reckless gambling.  He doesn't.

He spat the dummy and walked away when basically presented with an unbelievably generous gift of £1m per year.  This beggars belief.  I'd be fairly sure this money would have come even if he never put his nose in the gate of one of those premises in his life again.

The business would seem to be in safe hands and local employment is being maintained.

SQ needs to suck it up and step away.  He built a great business but got too big for his boots, started dabbling in stuff he hadn't a clue about and got burned.

What are the facts to back it up?

One of the facts is that Kevin Lunny's nose was broken by a disgruntled family member of a Quinn employee who was dismissed by Kevin a week earlier. To suggest Sean Quinn was the 'mastermind' behind that attack is ludicrous. Another fact is that Lunny's bid to buy the businesses was only successful after other businessmen had been intimidated out of buying it.

It's as plausible to suggest that Lunny was responsible for other businesses being intimidated initially as it is to suggest that Sean Quinn is now responsible for the current campaign.  Now I don't believe Kevin Lunny or Quinn were involved directly in the campaign but both for a time didn't do much to publicly object to it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Angelo

Quote from: trileacman on November 04, 2019, 07:01:15 PM

One of the facts is that Kevin Lunny's nose was broken by a disgruntled family member of a Quinn employee who was dismissed by Kevin a week earlier. To suggest Sean Quinn was the 'mastermind' behind that attack is ludicrous. Another fact is that Lunny's bid to buy the businesses was only successful after other businessmen had been intimidated out of buying it.

It's as plausible to suggest that Lunny was responsible for other businesses being intimidated initially as it is to suggest that Sean Quinn is now responsible for the current campaign.  Now I don't believe Kevin Lunny or Quinn were involved directly in the campaign but both for a time didn't do much to publicly object to it.

The common denominator being Quinn stood to benefit from both campaigns of intimidation.

Franko

1. The fact that SQ has made no secret of the fact that he wants/expects to regain control of the business.

2. The fact that one of the main company executives was kidnapped and beaten.

3. The fact that SQ would likely stand to benefit if these executives were to relinquish control of the business.

... I could go on for a LOT longer.

Like I say. None of these facts proves anything. But they all support the theory.

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on November 03, 2019, 08:52:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2019, 09:12:25 PM
Quote from: t_mac on November 02, 2019, 09:04:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2019, 11:23:14 AM
Quote from: t_mac on November 02, 2019, 11:17:39 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 02, 2019, 01:02:42 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2019, 12:52:14 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 02, 2019, 12:12:46 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2019, 12:06:20 AM
Quote from: fearbrags on November 01, 2019, 11:37:33 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 10:26:53 PM
Quote from: redzone on November 01, 2019, 10:11:24 PM
Nothing to do with quinn. About protection money, or lack of it.

Bull

Shit

Well It makes sense to me Ie When Sean was in charge he paid the ""protection money"" now they dont pay it so these rough man tactics are the result

It's a risible and insulting theory.

Why do the victims of the attacks not think that it is a protection racket? They have been very explicit in saying that the attacks have been carried out by thugs for hire and that there's a moneyman behind them. The protection racket must be a multi million pound per annum gig with Quinn as the campaign is sure as hell costing a lot to run.

Did this extortion gang ever think of targetting Kingspan who have a market value in the billions? They could make a killing if they go with the same campaign as they have conducted against QIH.
You do realise that the KL attack ended any chance of SQ being involved in QIH again. He publicly admitted this. So explain me the logic behind the attack in that case?

I don't believe that at all, Sean Quinn claimed he was a fool who was duped by the banks 10 years ago, now he is claiming he wouldn't have anything to do with these attacks as only a fool would do it and he's not a fool. He's a pathological liar.

The logic behind that attack was to intimidate the QIH management meeting to step down and for potential investors to be warned, make business in its current situation unprofitable and untenable and allow to Quinns to swan in and pick the business up for a song

What SQ publicly proclaims is probably going to be a million miles from the truth and then there is SQJ to take into account......
Fair enough you have your opinion and it's pointless debating. Your not going to change your's and I can't see mine changing unless you bring few facts to the party regarding the attacks. So we're wasting each other's time and it's getting late. Early start tomorrow.

This boyo doesn't deal in facts, this platform is ideal for him to slander folk with no evidence all under the cloak of anonymity, a coward of the highest order.

Slander folk?

What about the QIH directors who have been the subject to this campaign of violence, intimidation and slander?

As usual you have a lot to say but it's all hot air. Why don't you put your name to it rather than hiding behind your username?

The irony, you really are a bit of a ballbag aren't you.

I'm a guy who can express his opinions and articulate why.

You're the guy who goes around blowing off hot air and personally insulting people as you are very insecure about your intellectual ability or lack of.

No you are a coward spouting shite about folk under the cloak of anonymity, if you think you have any intellectual ability that just means you are a delusional ballbag.

Hot air. Insults.

A pity you can't back yourself to discuss the issue rather than land your cheap shots, it says much more about you than I.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Franko on November 04, 2019, 08:15:53 PM

1. The fact that SQ has made no secret of the fact that he wants/expects to regain control of the business.

2. The fact that one of the main company executives was kidnapped and beaten.

3. The fact that SQ would likely stand to benefit if these executives were to relinquish control of the business.

... I could go on for a LOT longer.

Like I say. None of these facts proves anything. But they all support the theory.
But these attacks were always going to throw light on SQ. And as a result make him uninvestable. Some may dispute it but SQ isn't stupid, anyone would have seen how this would play out. And it certainly wasn't in SQ's favour.