Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 02:44:43 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 02:43:05 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 02:31:39 PM
Quote from: gander on November 01, 2019, 02:20:43 PM
Why all the love and loyalty for Quinn?  yes he brought jobs, but he also was responsible for a lot of people losing their jobs too, and managed to lose billionsof euro, why would you want someone like that anywhere near a business?
I still think he's in a positive number with regards to number of jobs created compared to lost. He created jobs in an area where there was little else. He also impacted a number of families in the local area directly with support when harder times fell. Myself included.
Maybe ask yourself why the groundswell of support for him if he was just another business man. He fucked up specularly with his investment in Anglo. But he wasn't alone in being dubbed by the bank.

Dubbed by the bank?

Would you go and do one.

He is a criminal who defrauded the taxpayer for billions and ensured financial hardship was inflicted on hundreds of thousands of hard working people due to his greed and unwillingness to face the consequences of his mistakes.

How you can defend a guy like that is beyond me.
Grand so. I've no wish to disappear down a rabbit hole with you as per the Ulster club thread where your opinion becomes fact. So we'll leave it there.

It's not my opinion that he is a criminal who defrauded the state for billions of Euros.

They are statements of facts.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Baile Brigín 2

Why all the love and loyalty for Quinn?  yes he brought jobs, but he also was responsible for a lot of people losing their jobs too, and managed to lose billionsof euro, why would you want someone like that anywhere near a business?
I still think he's in a positive number with regards to number of jobs created compared to lost. He created jobs in an area where there was little else. He also impacted a number of families in the local area directly with support when harder times fell. Myself included.
Maybe ask yourself why the groundswell of support for him if he was just another business man. He fucked up specularly with his investment in Anglo. But he wasn't alone in being dubbed by the bank.

You seriously cannot believe that is what happened?

The Kinnehans are the biggest employers of young men in the south inner city.. so what?

Baile Brigín 2

Dubbed by the bank?

Would you go and do one.

He is a criminal who defrauded the taxpayer for billions and ensured financial hardship was inflicted on hundreds of thousands of hard working people due to his greed and unwillingness to face the consequences of his mistakes.

Gombeenism. Bought and paid for.

Angelo

Sean Quinn circa 2009 re his Anglo Bank debt

"The banks made a fool out of me by getting a simple old man like myself to sign documents I didn't know what they meant"

Sean Quinn 2019 re the attacks on Kevin Lunney:

"Sure you must think I'm a fool if I ordered those attacks on Kevin Lunney as the attention would naturally turn in my direction"

Seems SQ has a bit of a fool complex going on with himself, it's easy to be the fool when the narrative suits.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 02:47:55 PM

Dubbed by the bank?

Would you go and do one.

Grand so. I've no wish to disappear down a rabbit hole with you as per the Ulster club thread where your opinion becomes fact. So we'll leave it there.

It's not my opinion that he is a criminal who defrauded the state for billions of Euros.

What was he charged with?

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 03:09:58 PM

Dubbed by the bank?

Would you go and do one.

Contempt of Court.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 01, 2019, 02:51:53 PM

You seriously cannot believe that is what happened?

The Kinnehans are the biggest employers of young men in the south inner city.. so what?

Apologies, Terminology might not be right there as in I mean he believed the hype about the bank, not that it had ripped him off.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 03:19:24 PM

Dubbed by the bank?

Would you go and do one.

Contempt of Court.

Criminal charge? 

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 03:22:58 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 03:19:24 PM

Dubbed by the bank?

Would you go and do one.

Contempt of Court.

Criminal charge?

He was given a custodial setence.

supersarsfields

Is it a criminal offence or civil? Simple question.

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 03:33:51 PM
Is it a criminal offence or civil? Simple question.

Custodial sentences are not imposed for civil offences.

supersarsfields

Is contempt of court a civil offence or criminal? I can help you out if you like?

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 03:42:04 PM
Is contempt of court a civil offence or criminal? I can help you out if you like?

Sean Quinn served a custodial sentence for contempt of court. Civil offences do not carry jail terms, Sean Quinn served a custodial sentence, it's not hard to work out.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 03:44:52 PM

Sean Quinn served a custodial sentence for contempt of court. Civil offences do not carry jail terms, Sean Quinn served a custodial sentence, it's not hard to work out.

It was a civil charge SQ was charged with not a criminal one. It was debated on here at the time. But we'll leave it there. I haven't the time to engage if you find it impossible to accept facts.
Peter couldn't be extradited due to it being a civil matter.

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 03:50:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 03:44:52 PM

It was a civil charge SQ was charged with not a criminal one. It was debated on here at the time. But we'll leave it there. I haven't the time to engage if you find it impossible to accept facts.
Peter couldn't be extradited due to it being a civil matter.

Contempt of court carries a custodial sentence.

What do you think of the actions of Quinn family in hiding their assest and putting them out of the state's reach, about Quinn reneging on his debts and bestowing the burden of such upon the hard working, tax compliant people in his state?