Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Maybe it's disgruntled Insurance payers who are paying a levy to make up for the Quinn Cowboy Insurance Company ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 01:14:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 01:07:57 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 12:20:30 PM
Quote from: five points on November 01, 2019, 11:51:43 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 11:40:19 AM
Doesn't say much for the people of Cavan and Fermanagh if that's the case. I would imagine the vast majority of the locals are absolutely appalled by what is going on.

Everyone I have spoken to about it is.
I think any right minded person would be appalled at the attacks. But that doesn't follow through to support for KL and Liam McCaffery in their roles with QIH.

What's their issue with Kevin Lunney and Liam McCaffrey?

Let us not forget that Quinn defrauded the state for billions, lost his business empire, was aided from afar to help him out of this hole, was landed with a fantastic external consultant role and then expected to get his business back for a song.

After this broke down a renewed campaign of violence and intimidation against the current management team started up again. Do you believe the people carrying out these attacks are Quinn Cult members or are the merely thugs for hire?
I've explained above why I think theres issues with Kl & LMcC. The fantastic external consultancy role never materialised and you could agree that he could have taken the money and left them to it. But that wasn't the agreement they had.

I've no idea who's carrying out the attack's.

What are their issues?

The new management team have preserved the businesses, employment has been steady and with the business performing well it's likely that employment and opportunities will grow in the area. I don't see much for the locals to be outraged about, I don't see how it could lead to a vigilante mob wanting to unleash a sustained campaign of violence and intimidation of the current management team. Tony Lunney's interview was very clear in its conclusion that the men who carried the attack on on his brother were hired to do so.

Quinn was brought in as external consultant and tried to run the place, he attempted to undermine the management team and this created problems and it as agreed between both parties that it would not work. It's also stated that Quinn expected to be handed over the shares of the company that McCaffrey, Lunney and O'Reilly had acquired with the takeover. A business empire Quinn lost due to his reckless gambling, not to mention him defrauding the state for billions.

It's quite clear that the QIH management team do not believe this is some vigilante mob of disgruntled locals, Liam McCaffrey has referenced arresting the "paymaster" as being crucial to stopping these attacks. He said this explicitly just as Tony Lunney has that they believe the people carrying out these attacks are being hired and paid to do so, they fully believe that this campaign is being endorsed and funded by a wealthy benefactor and is not part of some vigilante mob that Quinn seems to be painting it as.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 01:32:52 PM
Doesn't say much for the people of Cavan and Fermanagh if that's the case. I would imagine the vast majority of the locals are absolutely appalled by what is going on.

I think any right minded person would be appalled at the attacks. But that doesn't follow through to support for KL and Liam McCaffery in their roles with QIH.

Let us not forget that Quinn defrauded the state for billions, lost his business empire, was aided from afar to help him out of this hole, was landed with a fantastic external consultant role and then expected to get his business back for a song.

After this broke down a renewed campaign of violence and intimidation against the current management team started up again. Do you believe the people carrying out these attacks are Quinn Cult members or are the merely thugs for hire?
I've explained above why I think theres issues with Kl & LMcC. The fantastic external consultancy role never materialised and you could agree that he could have taken the money and left them to it. But that wasn't the agreement they had.

What are their issues?

The new management team have preserved the businesses, employment has been steady and with the business performing well it's likely that employment and opportunities will grow in the area. I don't see much for the locals to be outraged about, I don't see how it could lead to a vigilante mob wanting to unleash a sustained campaign of violence and intimidation of the current management team. Tony Lunney's interview was very clear in its conclusion that the men who carried the attack on on his brother were hired to do so.

Quinn was brought in as external consultant and tried to run the place, he attempted to undermine the management team and this created problems and it as agreed between both parties that it would not work. It's also stated that Quinn expected to be handed over the shares of the company that McCaffrey, Lunney and O'Reilly had acquired with the takeover. A business empire Quinn lost due to his reckless gambling, not to mention him defrauding the state for billions.

It's quite clear that the QIH management team do not believe this is some vigilante mob of disgruntled locals, Liam McCaffrey has referenced arresting the "paymaster" as being crucial to stopping these attacks. He said this explicitly just as Tony Lunney has that they believe the people carrying out these attacks are being hired and paid to do so, they fully believe that this campaign is being endorsed and funded by a wealthy benefactor and is not part of some vigilante mob that Quinn seems to be painting it as.

Whats in bold, you do not know. There are american consortium as stakeholders in this set up also - do you know what they want or what their plan is? I wager you don't have a clue. There is only one version of the story being told at the moment and again that does not excuse the disgusting attacks that are going on.

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on November 01, 2019, 01:43:41 PM

What are their issues?

Whats in bold, you do not know. There are american consortium as stakeholders in this set up also - do you know what they want or what their plan is? I wager you don't have a clue. There is only one version of the story being told at the moment and again that does not excuse the disgusting attacks that are going on.

Itchy, you're from the area?

What's the mood of people on the ground?  Do they think Quinn was shafted?

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on November 01, 2019, 01:43:41 PM

What are their issues?

And neither does anyone. Are you saying paranoia is fueling these attacks or maybe you should pay some credence to what the victims of this sustained campaign of violence and intimidation think of the matter.

I think that's a pretty absurd claim in any case, they have all the raw materials, expensive plant equipment and work yard, skilled workforce etc that it would virtually impossible to shift plant and move so that's a very poorly thought out excuse.

Now let's listen to those at the subject of this campaign of sustained violence and intimidation.

Liam McCaffrey:

Mr McCaffrey alleged that the gang who carried out the attack came from 40 kilometres away and "work for money".

"They have no beef with the directors of Quinn Industrial Holdings, so undoubtedly they were paid to carry out this task," he said.

Tony Lunney

Listen to Tony Lunney being interviewed here, along with the local parish priest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc1DlxneZ2U

John McCartin

"The finance of an operation like that – involving between 12 to 20 people, I'm told is estimated by the experts; stealing vehicles, having them disposed of, getting a site for the torture to be conducted – all of that requires a lot of planning and a lot of money.

"There has to be an entity whose interests are aligned with this particular campaign and who is paying for it."

supersarsfields

What are their issues?

I've said earlier twice what the issues with KL and LMC are. People believe they were dishonest and used SQ to seal the deal and get them back into management. Once sealed proceeded to go back on commitments they had made to him for their own benefit.
I care little what Liam McCaffrey states. If he has proof I'd listen but similar to Fr O Riley there's nothing to back it up. As for Tony Lunney. I would be interested in his views on the early attacks on the business?

gander

Why all the love and loyalty for Quinn?  yes he brought jobs, but he also was responsible for a lot of people losing their jobs too, and managed to lose billionsof euro, why would you want someone like that anywhere near a business?

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 02:16:48 PM

What are their issues?

I've said earlier twice what the issues with KL and LMC are. People believe they were dishonest and used SQ to seal the deal and get them back into management. Once sealed proceeded to go back on commitments they had made to him for their own benefit.
I care little what Liam McCaffrey states. If he has proof I'd listen but similar to Fr O Riley there's nothing to back it up. As for Tony Lunney. I would be interested in his views on the early attacks on the business?

That makes absolutely no sense, you are missing quite a lot of what has been stated.

How did they use SQ to get the deal done? SQ approached John McCartin, John Bosco and Ernie Fisher to help him out. They did.

The management team did not betray SQ, they agreed a deal to take control of the business that SQ had lost through his reckless gambling. The fact that SQ felt a sense of entitlement to have the business handed back to him after he defrauded the tax payer for billions tell you about the character and morals of the man, the fact that SQ can make himself out to be the victim in this situation shows you the type of sociopath that he is. He's still a hugely wealthy man, living a lavish lifestyle in a big mansion of a residence and there's no way he should be considering the debt he owed.

Can you state how SQ helped them to get the deal done?

Angelo

Quote from: gander on November 01, 2019, 02:20:43 PM
Why all the love and loyalty for Quinn?  yes he brought jobs, but he also was responsible for a lot of people losing their jobs too, and managed to lose billionsof euro, why would you want someone like that anywhere near a business?

Not only was he responsible for losing billions of Euro but he was also involved in a campaign of obstruction, frustration and asset hiding when his debt was called in. In the midst of a financial crisis when people were losing their jobs and in some cases, their homes and facing financial hardship - Quinn was reneging on a deal he had signed up to and screwing the taxpayer for billions. I think the taxpayer has to stump up about €60m a year in an insurance levy down south because of the criminal actions of the Quinn family.

Let's be pretty glib about him, he is a very dangerous man who only cares about himself.

supersarsfields

I still think he's in a positive number with regards to number of jobs created compared to lost. He created jobs in an area where there was little else. He also impacted a number of families in the local area directly with support when harder times fell. Myself included.
Maybe ask yourself why the groundswell of support for him if he was just another business man. He fucked up specularly with his investment in Anglo. But he wasn't alone in being dubbed by the bank. 

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 02:26:41 PM

What are their issues?

That makes absolutely no sense, you are missing quite a lot of what has been stated.

How did they use SQ to get the deal done? SQ approached John McCartin, John Bosco and Ernie Fisher to help him out. They did.

The management team did not betray SQ, they agreed a deal to take control of the business that SQ had lost through his reckless gambling. The fact that SQ felt a sense of entitlement to have the business handed back to him after he defrauded the tax payer for billions tell you about the character and morals of the man, the fact that SQ can make himself out to be the victim in this situation shows you the type of sociopath that he is. He's still a hugely wealthy man, living a lavish lifestyle in a big mansion of a residence and there's no way he should be considering the debt he owed.

I'm missing nothing. The agreement was to aid SQ to return to the business. They were under no obligation to do so. But that was what was agreed between them. In the agreement SQ would public ally say he supported the deal which would help it through in the community and with the workforce.

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 02:31:39 PM
I still think he's in a positive number with regards to number of jobs created compared to lost. He created jobs in an area where there was little else. He also impacted a number of families in the local area directly with support when harder times fell. Myself included.
Maybe ask yourself why the groundswell of support for him if he was just another business man. He fucked up specularly with his investment in Anglo. But he wasn't alone in being dubbed by the bank.

Dubbed by the bank?

Would you go and do one.

He is a criminal who defrauded the taxpayer for billions and ensured financial hardship was inflicted on hundreds of thousands of hard working people due to his greed and unwillingness to face the consequences of his mistakes.

How you can defend a guy like that is beyond me.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 02:43:05 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 02:31:39 PM

Dubbed by the bank?

Would you go and do one.

He is a criminal who defrauded the taxpayer for billions and ensured financial hardship was inflicted on hundreds of thousands of hard working people due to his greed and unwillingness to face the consequences of his mistakes.

How you can defend a guy like that is beyond me.
Grand so. I've no wish to disappear down a rabbit hole with you as per the Ulster club thread where your opinion becomes fact. So we'll leave it there.

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 02:41:46 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 02:26:41 PM

What are their issues?

I'm missing nothing. The agreement was to aid SQ to return to the business. They were under no obligation to do so. But that was what was agreed between them. In the agreement SQ would public ally say he supported the deal which would help it through in the community and with the workforce.

How did SQ help them get the deal done?

Why did SQ expect to get the business empire he lost due to his reckless gambling back for a song, particularly when he screw the state for billions of Euro?