Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Why does SQ think he has a right to come back in?  He gambled big, he lost and he's now deservedly paying the price.

As far as I can see, the group of companies is doing absolutely fine without him.

John Bosco O'Hagan's piece was very telling.  There is not a bigger gentleman in this country.  He tried his best to help him (for no personal financial gain).

He and his team got SQ into a position where both he and the son had 500k salaries per year and SQ threw it back into his face because he wasn't made king dick.

Seems like a bit of a cnut to me.

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on October 31, 2019, 10:33:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2019, 10:21:25 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 10:20:06 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2019, 09:53:12 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 09:11:14 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2019, 06:43:43 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 05:22:36 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 31, 2019, 11:32:00 AM
QuoteParish priest claims 'angry' Sean Quinn confronted him

THE parish priest of Ballyconnell, Fr Oliver O'Reilly, who in a homily blamed the abduction and attack on Kevin Lunney on a 'Mafia-style group' with its own godfather, has responded to Sean Quinn's first television interview since the attack.

Friday night's interview with Mr Quinn, on Channel 4 on Friday evening heard the former tycoon recall how he was "very nice to the priest" when he visited him at his parochial house, but he told him, "you're wrong, wrong, wrong," in relation to his homily. However, Fr O'Reilly told the Sunday Independent that when Mr Quinn called at his door he was "angry" and was "objecting to the tone of my homily".

The priest said he told Mr Quinn that the person he referred to in the homily "could be anybody".

https://fermanaghherald.com/2019/10/parish-priest-claims-angry-sean-quinn-confronted-him/

Do you know the priest? I do and his brother too. And I can tell you most locals were not too impressed with his "homily", he actually brought in a outsiders to cheer him on. Mad for limelight, hence going talking to newspapers. The truth that many are missing, and not condoning what is going on, is that there is a threat that assets will be sold in the area. This thuggery is a reaction to that and I personally do not believe there is a "godfather" behind it. I believe this is a CIRA group trying to look relevant by latching onto a cause.

Don't for a second believe that.

It may well be a CIRA group carrying out these attacks but there has to be a very wealthy paymaster behind it, if it was a dissident or paramilitary group then you can guarantee they would milk any propaganda going with it - it is how such organisations work. They're acting under orders and the signs would strong seem to hint at the Quinn family. I don't think Quinn Snr has been at all convincing in his mealy mouthed condemnation and the information discussed in the media this week would seem to making very clear inferences as to who is behind it.

Theres not a single shred of evidence to back up what you wrote.

Who do QIH directors think is behind the attacks?

You'll have to ask them that.

Did you see John McCartin on RTE tonight?
It suits John McCartin's agenda to point the finger at SQ. They have been trying to demonise him in the local community for years. (TBF he has done the same with them). It's a battle of hearts and minds.

- Sean Quinn lost his business empire through greed and reckless gambling
- He and the rest of his family then tried to frustrate and obstruct any legal proceedings when their debt came calling, they used elaborate schemes to try and hide and move their assets and wealth. The taxpayer had to pick up an enormous tab for the actions of Quinn and his family
- Quinn and his family are still super rich, they reneged on their debts
- The people of Cavan/Fermanagh were worried about the loss of jobs due to the collapse of Quinn and his business empire
- Many people came out and supported Quinn by various means in this time with particular interest to saving his business empire
- A number of these people and 3 former Quinn management team employees set about trying to take over the business with the provision that Quinn could buy it back when he is on his own two feet.
- The  3 former Quinn management team members (including Kevin Lunney, Dara O'Reilly) received a 22% shareholding in conjunction with a takeover bid from an American investment fund. They did not have any voting rights, did not have to pay any equity for their shares and there were clear stipulations they could not transfer their shares to a 3rd party.
- The 3 directors claim they took over the business to keep employment in the local area (they have succeeded) and keep the businesses alive in the local areas (they have done that and business is performing very well by all accounts despite the nonsense unfolding)
- Quinn came in as an external consultant played 500k a year and effectively wanted to call all the shots which was undermining the management team
- This caused loggerheds with the American owners and management team and the arrangement ended
- Quinn then claimed he was betrayed as the directors promised to hand over their shareholdings once they acquired the company. The directors claim that the deal was with the aim of Quinn being able to repurchase the company from the American firm whenever he gets back on his feet.
- The violence an intimidation starts back up again when Quinn departs and blames the directors

Quinn is absolute scum. He lost his business empire through reckless gambling, engaged in all sorts of criminal activity in hiding his assets and money so he wouldn't have to pay back his debts, this in the middle of a financial crisis where the ordinary man was struggling badly. He ripped off the Irish tax payer to the tune of billions as a result. He then wanted and felt he was entitled to get his business empire that he had lost and no longer owned, he expected to get it back for a song.

Now, I'd like to think better of the people of Cavan and Fermanagh. I would like to think that the vast majority of them now see the sort of nasty, vindictive and cowardly person Sean Quinn is. The jobs are back there, the Quinn businesses are back there performing well and should continue to provide steady employment for years to come. So what possible reason is there for the people of this area to going around initiating a campaign of brutal violence and intimidation on people who have steadied economic interests in the area and sustained employment in that area. From what I understand, many people who worked there in the boom times are back working there.

I happen to think that the people of Cavan and Fermanagh aren't by and large violent Sean Quinn sympathisers and that this campaign of violence is simply being carried out by a bunch of thugs for hire which is being bankrolled, along with an intense propaganda campaign, by a very wealthy benefactor who stands to gain from the business empire switching hands. It's the only reasonable conclusion I can come to and I have heard some very tall tales regarding other explanations in recent weeks.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 09:25:25 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 31, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 05:22:36 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 31, 2019, 11:32:00 AM
QuoteParish priest claims 'angry' Sean Quinn confronted him

THE parish priest of Ballyconnell, Fr Oliver O'Reilly, who in a homily blamed the abduction and attack on Kevin Lunney on a 'Mafia-style group' with its own godfather, has responded to Sean Quinn's first television interview since the attack.

Friday night's interview with Mr Quinn, on Channel 4 on Friday evening heard the former tycoon recall how he was "very nice to the priest" when he visited him at his parochial house, but he told him, "you're wrong, wrong, wrong," in relation to his homily. However, Fr O'Reilly told the Sunday Independent that when Mr Quinn called at his door he was "angry" and was "objecting to the tone of my homily".

The priest said he told Mr Quinn that the person he referred to in the homily "could be anybody".

https://fermanaghherald.com/2019/10/parish-priest-claims-angry-sean-quinn-confronted-him/

Do you know the priest? I do and his brother too. And I can tell you most locals were not too impressed with his "homily", he actually brought in a outsiders to cheer him on. Mad for limelight, hence going talking to newspapers. The truth that many are missing, and not condoning what is going on, is that there is a threat that assets will be sold in the area. This thuggery is a reaction to that and I personally do not believe there is a "godfather" behind it. I believe this is a CIRA group trying to look relevant by latching onto a cause.
And assaulting the management will stop the assets being sold?
Poorest excuse I have heard yet.

It's not an excuse, I have nothing but contempt for these morons. However they are morons and act like morons. Ye are giving them too much credit if you think there is an end plan. Its caveman stuff, get these out and get Quinn in is their simplistic outlook.

What I think is that they are thugs for hire, being paid on retainer to continue and escalate this campaign of violence and intimidation against the current QIH management team. Their end game is that they hope this will cause them to give up and walk away to regain a normal life, their hope is that potential investors will be put off by the same campaign being launched against them, the hope is that it will allow SQ and his family to repurchase their former business empire for a song.

Tony Lunney, director and brother of Kevin Lunney, spoke about the attack on Channel 4 new lately, he said the attackers were very calm and forthright that they were there to do a job, that's all it was to them - it doesn't really come across as some sort of impassioned Quinn vigilantes, now does it?

It's very clear only one person and one family will benefit from the perceived aims of this campaign of violence and intimidation and SQ has been very mealy mouthed in condemning this campaign.

five points

supersarsfields

Quote from: five points on November 01, 2019, 08:48:25 AM
It's a battle of hearts and minds.

Not any longer it isn't.

It still is. Why do you think the community is split. If you think Liam McCaffrey, Dara O'Riley and Kevin Lunney have full support in the local community then I'll politely disagree.

johnnycool

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 10:42:37 AM

Not any longer it isn't.

It still is. Why do you think the community is split. If you think Liam McCaffrey, Dara O'Riley and Kevin Lunney have full support in the local community then I'll politely disagree.

Why is that? What did they do to irk the local community?

supersarsfields

Quote from: Franko on November 01, 2019, 09:34:12 AM
Why does SQ think he has a right to come back in?  He gambled big, he lost and he's now deservedly paying the price.

As far as I can see, the group of companies is doing absolutely fine without him.

John Bosco O'Hagan's piece was very telling.  There is not a bigger gentleman in this country.  He tried his best to help him (for no personal financial gain).

He and his team got SQ into a position where both he and the son had 500k salaries per year and SQ threw it back into his face because he wasn't made king dick.

SQ had backed the managerial buy out as they supported the return of him to ownership initially. He was to return in a consultancy capacity at the start with a long term aim to try and build back into a position where he could try and buy the business back with financial backing. However when he returned he was marginalised by the team and basically told that he was there to keep up appearances. SQ wasn't prepared to do that so the relationship went south from there and He walked. You can argue that he had no right to anything and fair enough. But many people supported Quinn's return and believe he was shafted once they got the deal through and had used him to ensure support by employees and the local community.

Edit - Johnny this might answer your question as well.

five points

Sean Quinn is 72 next month. It's now 8 years since he filed for bankruptcy. His son doesn't appear capable of running a big business. It's fanciful to believe that they can go back to running the businesses as before, especially by a groundswell of public sympathy that has largely if not fully evaporated after the attack on Lunney.

marty34

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 10:53:41 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 01, 2019, 09:34:12 AM

SQ had backed the managerial buy out as they supported the return of him to ownership initially. He was to return in a consultancy capacity at the start with a long term aim to try and build back into a position where he could try and buy the business back with financial backing. However when he returned he was marginalised by the team and basically told that he was there to keep up appearances. SQ wasn't prepared to do that so the relationship went south from there and He walked. You can argue that he had no right to anything and fair enough. But many people supported Quinn's return and believe he was shafted once they got the deal through and had used him to ensure support by employees and the local community.

What is the story?

Did the lads tell Quinn at the start they were getting the company into shape again, then he was to take back control of the business?

Or did the lads use him and thought we can move this business on ourselves, which they seem to have done regarding secure employment and creating more jobs.

Something has went wrong somewhere and the 2 sides are saying different things.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Not any longer it isn't.

Doesn't say much for the people of Cavan and Fermanagh if that's the case. I would imagine the vast majority of the locals are absolutely appalled by what is going on.

five points

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 11:40:19 AM
Doesn't say much for the people of Cavan and Fermanagh if that's the case. I would imagine the vast majority of the locals are absolutely appalled by what is going on.

Everyone I have spoken to about it is.

supersarsfields

Quote from: five points on November 01, 2019, 11:51:43 AM

I think any right minded person would be appalled at the attacks. But that doesn't follow through to support for KL and Liam McCaffery in their roles with QIH.

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 12:20:30 PM

I think any right minded person would be appalled at the attacks. But that doesn't follow through to support for KL and Liam McCaffery in their roles with QIH.

What's their issue with Kevin Lunney and Liam McCaffrey?

Let us not forget that Quinn defrauded the state for billions, lost his business empire, was aided from afar to help him out of this hole, was landed with a fantastic external consultant role and then expected to get his business back for a song.

After this broke down a renewed campaign of violence and intimidation against the current management team started up again. Do you believe the people carrying out these attacks are Quinn Cult members or are the merely thugs for hire?

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2019, 01:07:57 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 01, 2019, 12:20:30 PM

What's their issue with Kevin Lunney and Liam McCaffrey?

Let us not forget that Quinn defrauded the state for billions, lost his business empire, was aided from afar to help him out of this hole, was landed with a fantastic external consultant role and then expected to get his business back for a song.

After this broke down a renewed campaign of violence and intimidation against the current management team started up again. Do you believe the people carrying out these attacks are Quinn Cult members or are the merely thugs for hire?
I've explained above why I think theres issues with Kl & LMcC. The fantastic external consultancy role never materialised and you could agree that he could have taken the money and left them to it. But that wasn't the agreement they had.

I've no idea who's carrying out the attack's.