Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2019, 10:08:50 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on October 31, 2019, 10:05:11 AM
If it were me I'd take the jobs and work out of Fermanagh/Cavan area as a response to the violence and crap they are getting from these masked men - Tables would be turned then and those idiots would be getting hidings off their own

I would think that it is little to do with local anger now and more to do with thugs for hire being contracted to carry these acts out for the benefit of who is behind them.

Ohh I know its little to do with locals but I'm sure someone around the area knows who it is and if thousands of locals were going to lose their jobs the people hiring the thugs would be outed and sorted out quickly enough

five points

Quote from: Itchy on October 30, 2019, 04:59:59 PM
Quote from: five points on October 30, 2019, 03:35:22 PM
The boys who did in Kevin Lunney were apparently imported too, although whoever organised them may not have been.

At least one of them is a local apparently.
A blow-in more than a local, I'm told.

Angelo

Quote from: Mourne Red on October 31, 2019, 10:26:52 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2019, 10:08:50 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on October 31, 2019, 10:05:11 AM
If it were me I'd take the jobs and work out of Fermanagh/Cavan area as a response to the violence and crap they are getting from these masked men - Tables would be turned then and those idiots would be getting hidings off their own

I would think that it is little to do with local anger now and more to do with thugs for hire being contracted to carry these acts out for the benefit of who is behind them.

But thousands aren't going to lose their jobs. Not sure how local the thugs for hire are but I would believe the paymaster has themselves far enough removed than it to be traced back to them, most likely runs down through a number of intermediaries.

The Quinns had a very elaborate way of hiding their assets, you could imagine that if they were behind this campaign then they would be directing it from afar with scant traceability.

Ohh I know its little to do with locals but I'm sure someone around the area knows who it is and if thousands of locals were going to lose their jobs the people hiring the thugs would be outed and sorted out quickly enough
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 31, 2019, 11:32:00 AM
QuoteParish priest claims 'angry' Sean Quinn confronted him

THE parish priest of Ballyconnell, Fr Oliver O'Reilly, who in a homily blamed the abduction and attack on Kevin Lunney on a 'Mafia-style group' with its own godfather, has responded to Sean Quinn's first television interview since the attack.

Friday night's interview with Mr Quinn, on Channel 4 on Friday evening heard the former tycoon recall how he was "very nice to the priest" when he visited him at his parochial house, but he told him, "you're wrong, wrong, wrong," in relation to his homily. However, Fr O'Reilly told the Sunday Independent that when Mr Quinn called at his door he was "angry" and was "objecting to the tone of my homily".

The priest said he told Mr Quinn that the person he referred to in the homily "could be anybody".

https://fermanaghherald.com/2019/10/parish-priest-claims-angry-sean-quinn-confronted-him/

Do you know the priest? I do and his brother too. And I can tell you most locals were not too impressed with his "homily", he actually brought in a outsiders to cheer him on. Mad for limelight, hence going talking to newspapers. The truth that many are missing, and not condoning what is going on, is that there is a threat that assets will be sold in the area. This thuggery is a reaction to that and I personally do not believe there is a "godfather" behind it. I believe this is a CIRA group trying to look relevant by latching onto a cause.

five points

Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 05:22:36 PM

THE parish priest of Ballyconnell, Fr Oliver O'Reilly, who in a homily blamed the abduction and attack on Kevin Lunney on a 'Mafia-style group' with its own godfather, has responded to Sean Quinn's first television interview since the attack.

Friday night's interview with Mr Quinn, on Channel 4 on Friday evening heard the former tycoon recall how he was "very nice to the priest" when he visited him at his parochial house, but he told him, "you're wrong, wrong, wrong," in relation to his homily. However, Fr O'Reilly told the Sunday Independent that when Mr Quinn called at his door he was "angry" and was "objecting to the tone of my homily".

The priest said he told Mr Quinn that the person he referred to in the homily "could be anybody".

https://fermanaghherald.com/2019/10/parish-priest-claims-angry-sean-quinn-confronted-him/

Do you know the priest? I do and his brother too. And I can tell you most locals were not too impressed with his "homily", he actually brought in a outsiders to cheer him on. Mad for limelight, hence going talking to newspapers. The truth that many are missing, and not condoning what is going on, is that there is a threat that assets will be sold in the area. This thuggery is a reaction to that and I personally do not believe there is a "godfather" behind it. I believe this is a CIRA group trying to look relevant by latching onto a cause.

The last time  the "Mad for limelight" Father Oliver spoke to the media was when he went to the Nigerian Missions in Minna around 1984.

Angelo

Don't for a second believe that.

It may well be a CIRA group carrying out these attacks but there has to be a very wealthy paymaster behind it, if it was a dissident or paramilitary group then you can guarantee they would milk any propaganda going with it - it is how such organisations work. They're acting under orders and the signs would strong seem to hint at the Quinn family. I don't think Quinn Snr has been at all convincing in his mealy mouthed condemnation and the information discussed in the media this week would seem to making very clear inferences as to who is behind it.

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2019, 06:43:43 PM

It may well be a CIRA group carrying out these attacks but there has to be a very wealthy paymaster behind it, if it was a dissident or paramilitary group then you can guarantee they would milk any propaganda going with it - it is how such organisations work. They're acting under orders and the signs would strong seem to hint at the Quinn family. I don't think Quinn Snr has been at all convincing in his mealy mouthed condemnation and the information discussed in the media this week would seem to making very clear inferences as to who is behind it.

Theres not a single shred of evidence to back up what you wrote.

LeoMc

And assaulting the management will stop the assets being sold?
Poorest excuse I have heard yet.

Itchy

Quote from: LeoMc on October 31, 2019, 09:21:48 PM

It's not an excuse, I have nothing but contempt for these morons. However they are morons and act like morons. Ye are giving them too much credit if you think there is an end plan. Its caveman stuff, get these out and get Quinn in is their simplistic outlook.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 09:25:25 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 31, 2019, 09:21:48 PM

It's not an excuse, I have nothing but contempt for these morons. However they are morons and act like morons. Ye are giving them too much credit if you think there is an end plan. Its caveman stuff, get these out and get Quinn in is their simplistic outlook.
I also think there's a feeling of contempt with the senior management, in particular Kevin Lunney & Liam McCaffrey with parts of the local community. Rightly or wrongly some people believe their  actions in marginalising SQ and finally removing him from the business from his consultancy role left a bad taste. It's a divided area at the minute.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 09:11:14 PM

Who do QIH directors think is behind the attacks?

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2019, 09:53:12 PM

You'll have to ask them that.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 10:20:06 PM

Did you see John McCartin on RTE tonight?

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2019, 10:21:25 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 31, 2019, 10:20:06 PM

Did you see John McCartin on RTE tonight?
It suits John McCartin's agenda to point the finger at SQ. They have been trying to demonise him in the local community for years. (TBF he has done the same with them). It's a battle of hearts and minds.

five points