Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: muppet on March 30, 2015, 04:48:13 AM
Quote from: Agent Orange on March 29, 2015, 05:17:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 29, 2015, 04:05:35 PM
To go from Ireland's richest man to Ireland's poorest takes world class stupidity. But to blame everyone else really takes the biscuit. Gentleman my arse, he hasn't an ounce of dignity.

I somehow doubt that SQ is Irelands poorest man, I certainly wouldn't mind being a pound poorer than him.

If he paid his debts he would be Ireland's poorest man. No Irish man has ever owed so much.

(I cannot think of any Irishman that ever existed that is less of a sc**bag than that gutless coward.

Man up and pay your losses Sean! It is embarrassing to even consider him as Irish.)

Yer obviously not thinking hard enough Mup quite a few Irish politicians would fit into that bracket with their Cayman Island, & Swiss bank accounts.
Now, Quinns no angel but he was always too smart a dog to be f**ked by a shower corrupt puppies.

Franko

To go from Ireland's richest man to Ireland's poorest takes world class stupidity. But to blame everyone else really takes the biscuit. Gentleman my arse, he hasn't an ounce of dignity.

I somehow doubt that SQ is Irelands poorest man, I certainly wouldn't mind being a pound poorer than him.

If he paid his debts he would be Ireland's poorest man. No Irish man has ever owed so much.

I cannot think of any Irishman that ever existed that is less of a sc**bag than that gutless coward.

Man up and pay your losses Sean! It is embarrassing to even consider him as Irish.

Few jars last night muppet? :o

muppet

Quote from: Franko on March 30, 2015, 10:59:52 AM

I cannot think of any Irishman that ever existed that is less of a sc**bag than that gutless coward.

Man up and pay your losses Sean! It is embarrassing to even consider him as Irish.

Few jars last night muppet? :o

He is still a sc**bag. He wants me to pay for his losses.
MWWSI 2017

trileacman

I don't understand where such vitriol is coming from Muppet. Quinn done more for his people than any of the elected representatives did in the last 20 years. Good to see he's going to win out on this one, he was shafted in the first incident by a shower of D4 West Brits who didn't like a country upstart being a success.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

muppet

Quote from: trileacman on March 30, 2015, 11:20:52 AM

I don't understand where such vitriol is coming from Muppet. Quinn done more for his people than any of the elected representatives did in the last 20 years. Good to see he's going to win out on this one, he was shafted in the first incident by a shower of D4 West Brits who didn't like a country upstart being a success.

This is just beyond sad.

Is it the need to have a royalty equivalent to bow to, that is driving the hero worship?

Oh and...eh... he lost last week, yet again: http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/court-says-quinns-can-t-rely-on-illegality-claims-in-2-34bn-case-1.2155839

MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

If Quinn had left well enough alone, he'd have been okay. He got involved in the Banks, ambition got the better of him, he bet big and got caught. He should have been made pay up on those differences he held, but the Banks and Irish Government went into damage limitation mode and the whole lot came tumbling down anyway and the Irish tax payers will be picking up the bill for the next few generations.

Quinn and a lot of the bankers and politicians who all contributed to the sorry mess should be in the Joy, but alas laws are made by the rich for the rich and none will see the inside of a cell worth talking about.

Mayo4Sam

We (the irish taxpayer) pay a levy, slecifically due to this man's greed and will forever more. If someone was dipping their hand into your pocket for the rest of your life would u be pissed off?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

orangeman

What % in money terms are we talking about that can be laid at Quinn's door out of the entire bailout ?

I've no doubt that Quinn can be blamed for some of what went on but we should call out the rest of those who caused the country to collapse. Quinn did his wee bit of jail time for contempt. You'd imagine that he could have had plenty of company.

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on March 31, 2015, 01:16:36 PM
What % in money terms are we talking about that can be laid at Quinn's door out of the entire bailout ?

I've no doubt that Quinn can be blamed for some of what went on but we should call out the rest of those who caused the country to collapse. Quinn did his wee bit of jail time for contempt. You'd imagine that he could have had plenty of company.

I believe he owed a little under €3bn. The Bailout was €64bn. I posted a Sunday Business Post article on the bailout thread which claimed that a mere 22 men accounted for nearly half of the bailout debt. Quinn's debt apparently was the highest of that 22.

We are also paying a levy for discrepancies in his insurance business.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Liberty
http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0625/710554-liberty-insurance-jobs/

Liberty Insurance is to cut 270 jobs from its operations over the next 18 months.

Staff in Cavan, Blanchardstown in Dublin, and Enniskillen in Co Fermanagh were briefed by management this morning.

The company expects 135 of the redundancies to be in Dublin, 115 in Cavan and 20 in Enniskillen.

The job losses will be voluntary and staff will be offered four weeks' pay for every year of service in addition to statutory redundancy.

The company employs just under 1,000 in Ireland.

It is understood that the job losses are a consequence of the decision by Liberty to pull out of the UK motor insurance market where it has been losing money.

The company has also decided to outsource its call centre in Enniskillen to a third party company, Hughes Insurance Services Limited.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TabClear

I see Sean Quinn has left the Buildung Materials business. It was always going to be difficult for an entrepreneur who was used to doing their own thing to start working for his former lieutenants and answering to a consortium of investors

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Shamrock Shore

Wonder where the working capital has come from.......

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: FermGael on August 17, 2017, 07:05:15 PM
He's back

https://www.quinnbet.com

The betting industry is highly regulated.  A chancer like Quinn wont like that.
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!