Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Rossfan on January 16, 2015, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 16, 2015, 11:03:19 AM
Quote from: orangeman on January 16, 2015, 10:04:52 AM
First day of freedom. Debt free apart from the 2 x €10k that he has to give. That is some weight lifted off his shoulders.

And some kick in the stones to all the creditors. . .
+1.
2 Million taxpayers in the 26 Cos well kicked now >:(

They were kicked in the stones the night Brian Cowan and Lenihan agreed to guarantee the Banks. Its only now the pain is beginning to sink in, water charges, etc, etc.

T Fearon

Someday RTE will commission a series about this, like they're doing with Charlie Haughey presently.

Toss up between Charlie Lawson (Jim Mc Donald Coronation Street) and Adrian Dunbar to play the lead role

screenexile

Quote from: johnneycool on January 16, 2015, 03:47:24 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 16, 2015, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 16, 2015, 11:03:19 AM
Quote from: orangeman on January 16, 2015, 10:04:52 AM
First day of freedom. Debt free apart from the 2 x €10k that he has to give. That is some weight lifted off his shoulders.

And some kick in the stones to all the creditors. . .
+1.
2 Million taxpayers in the 26 Cos well kicked now >:(

They were kicked in the stones the night Brian Cowan and Lenihan agreed to guarantee the Banks. Its only now the pain is beginning to sink in, water charges, etc, etc.

Don't forge the Insurance levy as well!!!

rrhf

So when Brian Cowan signed the Irish people over as guarantor to Anglo how much did Brian doing that cost them in total.. 
You must agree that Cowan was right to sign over the debt if you believe that Quinn was in the wrong not to pay it. Anglos mistakes were anglos mistakes.  Quinns mistakes as an individual businessman were absolutely limited in terms of responsibility to the Irish Government / people etc. People dont get paid all the time.  The Government should not have mortgaged Anglo to the people and risked putting the country bust by taking this action.  They didnt care they were saving their own and anglos arses.  The Irish man will never think beyond the headline....     
Im definitely not with ye on this.  The Irish people must take responsibility for the governments they elect and the decisions that these elected people make.  They must hold their governments responsibility when they make the wrong decisions.  However they prefer to buy into the easy story and would rather be duped than face the truth.  Idiotic really..

armaghniac

it isn't a question of either Cowan or Quinn being right. Quinn should have paid back his loans and Cowan should not have allowed the banks get into the state they were in.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on January 16, 2015, 05:10:41 PM
it isn't a question of either Cowan or Quinn being right. Quinn should have paid back his loans and Cowan should not have allowed the banks get into the state they were in.
+1.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0327/690209-quinn-anglo-court/

Quinn family 'cannot rely on alleged illegality' in case over Anglo loans - Supreme Court
MWWSI 2017

FermGael

Lead story in tomorrow's Sunday business post is that state are in secret negotiations to settle with the quinns
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Tony Baloney

How much has the crooked bastard agreed to pay the state?

redzone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 28, 2015, 11:39:40 PM
How much has the crooked b**tard agreed to pay the state?

The only crooked ones in this case are the state. Sean Quinn is a gentleman and a legend

theskull1

How dare you say such a thing Tony

Expect a few bullets in the post for that insolence
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on March 29, 2015, 09:35:57 AM

How dare you say such a thing Tony

Expect a few bullets in the post for that insolence
:D I'll keep a fire extinguisher by the bed just in case. Poor oul humble Sean fcuked over by the State  ::)

muppet

Quote from: redzone on March 29, 2015, 08:54:24 AM

The only crooked ones in this case are the state. Sean Quinn is a gentleman and a legend

He sure is a legend.

He will be still spoken about in 500 years.

To go from Ireland's richest man to Ireland's poorest takes world class stupidity. But to blame everyone else really takes the biscuit. Gentleman my arse, he hasn't an ounce of dignity.
MWWSI 2017

Agent Orange

Quote from: muppet on March 29, 2015, 04:05:35 PM
To go from Ireland's richest man to Ireland's poorest takes world class stupidity. But to blame everyone else really takes the biscuit. Gentleman my arse, he hasn't an ounce of dignity.

I somehow doubt that SQ is Irelands poorest man, I certainly wouldn't mind being a pound poorer than him.

muppet

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 29, 2015, 05:17:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 29, 2015, 04:05:35 PM

I somehow doubt that SQ is Irelands poorest man, I certainly wouldn't mind being a pound poorer than him.

If he paid his debts he would be Ireland's poorest man. No Irish man has ever owed so much.

I cannot think of any Irishman that ever existed that is less of a sc**bag than that gutless coward.

Man up and pay your losses Sean! It is embarrassing to even consider him as Irish.
MWWSI 2017