Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Was it Liberty that took over the insurance business ?  The cream of Irish finance fucked up all the major companies- Quinn, Bank of Ireland, Irish Life and Permo and AIB.
None of them have any decent ads in Croke Park these days.

supersarsfields

Sean Quinn coming out of Bankruptcy on Friday. Have to say I'm surprised at the amount of remuneration he has to pay back over the next two years. I would have thought it would have been a lot higher. I know this is set by the official assignee but seems very low. I think in the North it's a % of your income after bankruptcy? You would think that would have been a better deal.

QuoteThe former billionaire Sean Quinn is to pay €10,000 per year for the next two years to the Official Assignee Chris Lehane, the bankruptcy court has ruled.

Mr Lehane, whose office oversees the affairs of bankrupts, sought the order after reading media reports before Christmas that Mr Quinn might provide services to the new owners of the former Quinn Group construction materials business.

Mr Quinn is due to emerge from his three-year period of bankruptcy this Friday. Under bankruptcy law an order may be sought by Mr Lehane's office requiring a former bankrupt to make payments from his income or assets for the benefit of creditors, for a period of up to five years after he or she emerges from bankruptcy. The order must be sought prior to the bankrupt emerging from bankruptcy.

Former billionaire Sean Quinn, who is due to emerge from a three-year term of bankruptcy later this week. Photograph: Dara Mac Dónaill / The Irish TimesQuinn glass bidders Vidrala say they will keep jobs

John McCartin and Seán Quinn serve drinks to employees as Quinn returns to the headquarters of his former company on the Cavan-Fermanagh border. Photograph: Lorraine TeevanSeán Quinn gets hero's welcome as locals begin rebuilding empire

Just before Christmas Seán Quinn paid a visit to the group offices in Derrylin, Co Fermanagh. He is due to act as an adviser to the new owners. Former Quinn companies to have Luxembourg parent

Barrister Bernard Dunleavy, for the Official Assignee, told Ms Justice Caroline Costello that after Mr Lehane had read media reports concerning Mr Quinn's return to some of his former businesses, the two men had met and Mr Quinn had made a "satisfactory offer" in relation to payments from future income.

Ms Justice Costello then made a payment order on consent for €10,000 per year beginning this Friday, with liberty to both parties to re-enter the case.

Rossfan

Laws are made by the rich for the rich!
Nice to see him getting a bit of work anyway ::)
Meanwhile the 2 million taxpayers are on average €1,000 a head out of pocket.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

supersarsfields

Your right, good to see him back.
Unfortunately I don't think the glass factory will be held on to and it looks like it's going to Spanish ownership.

theskull1

Any chance they could be intimidated out of it? I thought that's what happens in these circumstances?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

supersarsfields

Deal's done. It's only a matter of time before it was announced.

theskull1

Why did one business who was considering taking over a ex-Quinn operation get intimidated and others didn't? Whats the story there I wonder?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

muppet

Quote from: theskull1 on January 13, 2015, 04:12:30 PM
Why did one business who was considering taking over a ex-Quinn operation get intimidated and others didn't? Whats the story there I wonder?

The first rule of mob rule is: There is no logic to mob rule.
MWWSI 2017

supersarsfields

Quote from: theskull1 on January 13, 2015, 04:12:30 PM

No idea.

orangeman

First day of freedom. Debt free apart from the 2 x €10k that he has to give. That is some weight lifted off his shoulders.

screenexile

Quote from: orangeman on January 16, 2015, 10:04:52 AM
First day of freedom. Debt free apart from the 2 x €10k that he has to give. That is some weight lifted off his shoulders.

And some kick in the stones to all the creditors. . .

Rossfan

Quote from: screenexile on January 16, 2015, 11:03:19 AM

+1.
2 Million taxpayers in the 26 Cos well kicked now >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thebigfella

Quote from: Rossfan on January 16, 2015, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 16, 2015, 11:03:19 AM

+1.
2 Million taxpayers in the 26 Cos well kicked now >:(

Don't let that get in the way of a few jobs in Fermanagh though

deiseach

He'll be getting a job on Newstalk before too long to lecture us all on our slobby non-entrepreneurial ways.

sammymaguire

UP SEAN QUINN!! Legend of a man!  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!