Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Judging by today's Irish News the man certainly engenders loyalty amongst his staff, he must have done some things right over the years.

T Fearon

Maybe now this great Irish man and his superfan Leitrim TDs will alleviate the need for other Irishmen and women to use food banks by returning to the state the money he owes and can liquidise from assets >:(

supersarsfields

Or he could count the number of families he helped with employment in the local area for 40 years and the millions of taxes that created.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 25, 2014, 11:02:36 PM
Or he could count the number of families he helped with employment in the local area for 40 years and the millions of taxes that created.
Yes, helping families by local employment was his primary motivation... Mother Teresa eat your heart out. He should be breaking rocks in a ball and chain.

supersarsfields

Don't think he'd claim to be mother Teresa. But he's done a lot of good for the local area and his workers whether you like it or not. I know better than most as I was one of them. Maybe that's why there was such wide spread support for him by his workers.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 25, 2014, 11:11:00 PM
Don't think he'd claim to be mother Teresa. But he's done a lot of good for the local area and his workers whether you like it or not. I know better than most as I was one of them. Maybe that's why there was such wide spread support for him by his workers.
If a weekly wage helps you overlook all the shit he has been up to, then more power to your elbow.

supersarsfields

A weekly wage no, but I see being a creator of wealth for yourself and up to 6000 odd people stretching over 40 years, setting up from scratch one of the biggest companies in the country in an employment black spot as a pretty big deal. If you don't valued that because of the last few years then so be it. But let's not pretend the state didn't have it's own hand in the last few years.

T Fearon

That's like praising the Yorkshire Ripper for all the benefits his truck deliveries brought to people prior to his apprehension.Throw in undertakers and police overtime as well,why don't you?

supersarsfields

Yes Tony, that's exactly what it's like.

armaghniac

There is no doubt that Quinn did enormous good for Fermanagh/Cavan. But he was happy to gamble all of that, when he could simply have gambled part of his worth and not place the jobs along the Erne in jeopardy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 26, 2014, 12:05:56 AM
A weekly wage no, but I see being a creator of wealth for yourself and up to 6000 odd people stretching over 40 years, setting up from scratch one of the biggest companies in the country in an employment black spot as a pretty big deal. If you don't valued that because of the last few years then so be it. But let's not pretend the state didn't have it's own hand in the last few years.
;D He was a great fella up until he wasn't a great fella. Like most criminals then. Try again tomorrow.

supersarsfields

So the minute you do something wrong your automatically a bad person regardless of what went before? You must be Mother Teresa alright so (Or a bad person obviously as there doesn't seem to be an in between)

T Fearon

The gamble can be forgiven.Egotism and avarice are sadly all too common traits.The ongoing deliberate concealment of assets ,the effective robbery of the Irish state and people is the crime (we'll not mention on the run nephews).Until Mr Quinn puts this right, which he can do at any time,he will not recover his reputation.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 26, 2014, 12:29:13 AM
So the minute you do something wrong your automatically a bad person regardless of what went before? You must be Mother Teresa alright so (Or a bad person obviously as there doesn't seem to be an in between)

Mother Theresa's hardly an example of good people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65JxnUW7Wk4