Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 20, 2012, 03:52:36 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on December 20, 2012, 01:38:39 PM
No Temporary release for anyone then? I Suppose that would be fair enough.
I find the whole temporary release thing a strange one. I agree it should be consistent and I would be against it in general. If he is entitled to temporary release as an ordinary decent criminal then so be it but I wouldnt advocate special treatment because he is Sean Quinn.

I'll be honest I don't think much of it either. If your in your in would have been my opinion. But I can understand why Sean would apply for it when it's there.

Rossfan

Quote from: EC Unique on December 20, 2012, 04:06:00 PM

Southerners need somebody to blame for the pathetic condition their country is in so why not Sean Quinn. Hang him high!!
Nothing like a bit of Partitionism . >:(. Mind you I didn't know Munster had declared independence.
I suppose you put yourself down as "Northern Irish" in the census.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tony Baloney

muppet

This has sadly become a circular argument between Scientists & Creationists.

The Scientists can point to the money gambled, lost, then covered by Anglo, then all completely lost.

The Creationists skip everything until the Anglo bit ('mistakes were made') and then say it is all Anglo's fault so the Quinns, who did great for the area, are innocent.

As for all of the 'good work' done.

The argument usually goes that there was nothing here before Sean Quinn and that Dublin did nothing for us but Sean Quinn did. This ignores the fact that in the 1970s there was high unemployment and a low standard of living in Sligo, Mayo, Roscommon, Clare etc, etc, etc. The standard of living & employment rate in all of those is far higher now than it was in the 1970s but it wasn't down to Sean Quinn.

But hey, why look beyond the circular argument?
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Did I hear on the News that he's getting out 24th/25th/26th December.
What's the chances of him returning to the "jurisdiction" I wonder?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Rossfan on December 20, 2012, 09:00:11 PM
Did I hear on the News that he's getting out 24th/25th/26th December.
What's the chances of him returning to the "jurisdiction" I wonder?

He will be released for Christmas, but will miss his grand daughters christening.

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

supersarsfields

Quote from: muppet on December 20, 2012, 08:53:25 PM

The Scientists can point to the money gambled, lost, then covered by Anglo, then all completely lost.

The Creationists skip everything until the Anglo bit ('mistakes were made') and then say it is all Anglo's fault so the Quinns, who did great for the area, are innocent.

The argument usually goes that there was nothing here before Sean Quinn and that Dublin did nothing for us but Sean Quinn did. This ignores the fact that in the 1970s there was high unemployment and a low standard of living in Sligo, Mayo, Roscommon, Clare etc, etc, etc. The standard of living & employment rate in all of those is far higher now than it was in the 1970s but it wasn't down to Sean Quinn.

But in Cavan and Fermanagh it was.

muppet

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 20, 2012, 10:10:35 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 20, 2012, 08:53:25 PM

But in Cavan and Fermanagh it was.

No it wasn't.

If 5,000 people deliver a successful company, is every inch of that success all down to one man?
MWWSI 2017

supersarsfields

Not ever inch, but considering he started from scratch, piloted each step of diversion into different sectors, project managed most of them, and controlled them with a hands on approach I believe he can take a right slice of the credit.

muppet

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 20, 2012, 10:24:35 PM
Not ever inch, but considering he started from scratch, piloted each step of diversion into different sectors, project managed most of them, and controlled them with a hands on approach I believe he can take a right slice of the credit.

As against singularly bringing a number of counties forward by 40 years as is the suggestion?
MWWSI 2017

supersarsfields

I'd say he's the single biggest reason in Cavan and Fermanagh for job creation over the last 40 years.

muppet

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 20, 2012, 10:32:40 PM
I'd say he's the single biggest reason in Cavan and Fermanagh for job creation over the last 40 years.

Some man. Did no one else participate in any way?
MWWSI 2017

supersarsfields