Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Bit harsh on Brian D'arcy I think. I'm not particularly a fan of his and definitely not the Quinns but I don't think he should have been singled out. It would be a very difficult situation if you were friendly with the Quinns. I don't think they're bad people but they made bad decisions that other people will pay for.

Jonah

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 04, 2012, 11:46:12 PM
What odds what he thinks?
Why because he's a Priest?

No one cares what you think either yet you are forever spouting shit like its fact on here.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Jonah on August 05, 2012, 02:00:02 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 04, 2012, 11:46:12 PM
What odds what he thinks?
Why because he's a Priest?
Yup.

No one cares what you think either yet you are forever spouting shit like its fact on here.

Probably. And it's a good bet nobody cares what you think, I know I certainly don't. Point...?

T Fearon

I think the key point here is his admission that he was asked to attend and foolishly did so without examining the full implications.Presumably Kernan,Harte,Boylan etc were also specifically "asked" to attend by the Quinns,proof positive that the whole exercise was cynical.

haranguerer

Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2012, 05:05:53 AM
I think the key point here is his admission that he was asked to attend and foolishly did so without examining the full implications.Presumably Kernan,Harte,Boylan etc were also specifically "asked" to attend by the Quinns,proof positive that the whole exercise was cynical.

Lol! You tool! Did you think the whole lads just happened to take a notion of driving to ballyconnell, found themselves all standing beside each other, took a rush of blood to the head, then stormed the stage??

Of course they were all asked you fool, not by the quinns, but the organisers I imagine. Are you sure now you dont want to suggest they were threatened, or forced at gunpoint to partake?

haranguerer

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2012, 11:42:48 PM
Headline news on RTE tonight.He now confusingly says that he's neither a politician nor does he understand the ins and outs of the case,but merely went to Ballyconnell because he was asked and he's a neighbour of the Quinns.Despite this shallow argument displaying an intellect below that of Father Dougal Maguire,is this an attempt to distance himself or has he got a belt from the crozier?

Just a point, when you're in a glasshouse, you shouldnt throw stones about other peoples intellects. Whats confusing about Brian Darcy saying hes not a politician, nor does he understand the ins and outs of the case? How is it a 'shallow' argument? Do you have any notion of what you are 'confusingly' on about? How also is it an attempt to distance himself? Did he say he wasnt actually there or something?

haranguerer

Poetic licence, but only mild, on my part, I believe the actual quote was theres a few boys on here who dont seem to have got their heads round this yet.

I read what you said - the point I'm making is that its what you didnt say that was important - the impression you were attempting to give was that quinn had accepted everything levelled at him, agreed with the sanctions against him, and then just showed blatant contempt for the court with no (whether correct or incorrect) excuse or believed extenuating circumstances for doing so.

You didnt clarify the contempt and what it related to until you were called on it.

Gaffer

Does the Reverend speak on behalf of all his flock who break the law 'round Fermanagh???
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

supersarsfields

Quote from: LeoMc on August 04, 2012, 10:41:40 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 04, 2012, 07:57:23 PM
Well there you go. He believes there is no personal gaurantee, the contempt charge stems from this.

So your post earlier was missing a vital piece of information - you attempted to portray the whole affair as though Quinn agreed with everything that had happened to him, and accepted it, including the contempt, and that 'some lads' were pretty stupid not to have realised this.

But as you've kindly pointed out, he actually didnt really agree with everything, did he?

Perhaps if you read what I said.  I said he accepted that he gambled and lost the Quinn group and that he accepted the Regulators were correct in their taking over Quinn Insurance.

I said he admitted the contempt. I did not say he accepted it, the upcoming court case comes from his not accepting that the loans were personal and as you note I have already stated this so I am not sure what vital piece of information I was missing.

The contempt comes from his acting in defiance of a ruling by the courts.

Could you also point out where I said some lads were pretty stupid?

Leo, SQ never admitted the regulator was right in taking over QIL. He said he agreed with the regulator for fining him and forcing him to stand down from QIL. He has never agreed with the regulators decision and method to taking over QIL.

T Fearon

Well if I was asked to lend my support to a campaign,I'd take the trouble to ascertain the ins and outs and then make a decision.It is plain that D'Arcy didn't bother and is now saying in the papers today in effect the Quinns did terrible things,but sure they're neighbours of mine so I'll stand by them.By that logic he should also be defending the late Brendan Smyth.

Of course you're right Gaffer.D'Arcy should be supporting the Quinns by telling them to do the decent and moral thing i.e. Pay their dues to the Irish nation,and prove that they are at least patriotic if not Christian.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2012, 08:17:02 PM
Well if I was asked to lend my support to a campaign,I'd take the trouble to ascertain the ins and outs and then make a decision.It is plain that D'Arcy didn't bother and is now saying in the papers today in effect the Quinns did terrible things,but sure they're neighbours of mine so I'll stand by them.By that logic he should also be defending the late Brendan Smyth.

Of course you're right Gaffer.D'Arcy should be supporting the Quinns by telling them to do the decent and moral thing i.e. Pay their dues to the Irish nation,and prove that they are at least patriotic if not Christian.
As it is D'Arcy I would say the draw of the cameras was all the motivation he needed.

T Fearon

Correct.He also said that he didn't visit the jailed one,as it would have turned into a sideshow! Almost comparing himself to the late Mo Mowlam visiting the paramilitary prisoners in the Maze.He probably thinks the media follows his every move? ::)

haranguerer

Well you're starting threads on msg boards about him...

Gaffer

Is being a curate in a parish not a full time job?

How does he fit in his priestly duties with all this media stuff he does as well as attending Irish celebrity bashes and so on....
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"