Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Shamrock Shore

FFS - I am talking about something else - where Peter Quinn said that there is a conspiracy against his family in the Irish Republic.

I am asking - albeit in a tongue in cheek fashion only by adding Jedward - who he thinks are behidn this conspiracy. To allege a conspiracy at the levels he has to be alluding to would suggest that we are living in a society where the organs of State can ride rough shod over an individual's rights.

If Peter Quinn is not saying that then I am wrong and will delete the post.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 03, 2012, 08:50:51 PM
FFS - I am talking about something else - where Peter Quinn said that there is a conspiracy against his family in the Irish Republic.

I am asking - albeit in a tongue in cheek fashion only by adding Jedward - who he thinks are behidn this conspiracy. To allege a conspiracy at the levels he has to be alluding to would suggest that we are living in a society where the organs of State can ride rough shod over an individual's rights.

Most people apart from Jedward...

" Says Peter Quinn: "There is a conspiracy to make sure he doesn't win the case, involving Anglo, the Government including the Department of Finance and the regulatory body, including the Central Bank."There is systematic and systemic collusion to make sure Sean Quinn doesn't win the case. That's why the whole series of side issues are being taken to court first, to dry up funds," says Mr. Quinn."And they are succeeding with the support of the national media, including RTE, BBC and the national dailies."

haranguerer

No, you arent asking who he thinks is behind the conspiracy, you're trying portray a very sensible (unecessary, but presumably they were sick of a shower of meeja c***ts ringing them and had to say something to shut them up) statement from the gaa as though it were anti-quinn. Its not, it states all of that is outside its remit. So its got sweet f**k all to do with any conspiracy anyone mentioned, despite your attempts to link it in a  ::) way.

haranguerer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 03, 2012, 08:58:44 PM

Most people apart from Jedward...

" Says Peter Quinn: "There is a conspiracy to make sure he doesn't win the case, involving Anglo, the Government including the Department of Finance and the regulatory body, including the Central Bank."There is systematic and systemic collusion to make sure Sean Quinn doesn't win the case. That's why the whole series of side issues are being taken to court first, to dry up funds," says Mr. Quinn."And they are succeeding with the support of the national media, including RTE, BBC and the national dailies."

.............so, government then??

Well, why dont they bite the bullet, and hear quinns case then? What have they got to lose?

LeoMc

You do understand that the judiciary are independent of the government, the same way the regulators are separate from Anglo

trileacman

would suggest that we are living in a society where the organs of State can ride rough shod over an individual's rights.

And you think that the organs of State have never ridden rough shod over an individual's rights?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

sammymaguire

Quote from: LeoMc on August 03, 2012, 09:06:57 PM
You do understand that the judiciary are independent of the government, the same way the regulators are separate from Anglo

That's the way it SHOULD be.  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

haranguerer

Whatever about judicary and government, what about regulator and government? Really?

Shamrock Shore

Regulator is totally independent of the Government as is the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement.

The judiciary pride themselves on being free from political interference and we have been served well by same judiciary since 1922.

Some Gardaí have let the State down for sure. McBrearties (spelling may be off), Nicky Kelly to name but two who had their rights pissed on by out-of-control Gardaí. They eventually got their good names restored and more power to them.

But to suggest that there is an organised conspiracy, as Peter Quinn Snr is saying, involving so many different organisations in the Republic of Ireland, is, frankly, in my opinion, banannas.

LeoMc

Quote from: haranguerer on August 03, 2012, 09:16:43 PM

Whatever about judicary and government, what about regulator and government? Really?

Do you really believe there is a government led conspiracy to get Sean Quinn?

sammymaguire

The judiciary don't see themselves as part of the state? What do you make of this?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2012/0802/1224321296119.html

Politicians have no shame, no morals, only contempt for anybody they deem below their social status. What really galls me is that these reprobates wouldn't know a hard days work if it jumped up and bit them on the arse.  They are the true leeches of society, sucking us dry to line their own pockets with absolutely no regard for the hardship and misery they are causing.

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Maguire01

Just to be clear here, who's sucking us dry and causing hardship and misery?

rrhf

trileacman

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 03, 2012, 10:28:18 PM
Regulator is totally independent of the Government as is the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement.

The judiciary pride themselves on being free from political interference and we have been served well by same judiciary since 1922.

Some Gardaí have let the State down for sure. McBrearties (spelling may be off), Nicky Kelly to name but two who had their rights pissed on by out-of-control Gardaí. They eventually got their good names restored and more power to them.

But to suggest that there is an organised conspiracy, as Peter Quinn Snr is saying, involving so many different organisations in the Republic of Ireland, is, frankly, in my opinion, banannas.
So I take it "some Gardai" and "out-of control-gardai" are to blame for the Magdalene laundries, abuse of children in state schools, Bertie's bungs, ignoring clerical abuse of children, the issuing of the Digifone licence, FF gun running and Charlie Haughey's corruption as well? You think certain members of the cabinet and in the courts were not complicit in these events going unpunished for years? They mightn't have whole-heartedly sanctioned them but a blind eye here and a favourable decision there would make a big difference.

Quoteinvolving so many different organisations

Bullshit. I don't think Mary answering the phones down at the IBRC is going to be involved on a determined drive to down the Quinn's. Likewise the whole of the IRBC, the courts and the administrators don't meet up every Monday and say "right lads, how'll we f**k 'em this week". The initial decision to oust Quinn was made by the IBRC, a government subsidiary, the decision was made at the top level, knowing Quinn was hugely indebted to Anglo they came across a flaw in Quinn insurance and they had two options, tell him to fix the ratio quickly and keep the show running or f**k him out of it. They fucked him out of it thinking Quinn would take his beating and lie down whilst they flogged off his assets to plug the hole in the Irish exchequer (Like sellotaping the hull of the titanic). Anglo get a portion of the 70billion it farted into the wind, a failed billionaire gets publicly hung out to dry, so everybody wins.

Only thing is Quinn doesn't take it lying down and looks to challenge the IBRC/government anyway he can as he feels aggrieved. Like someone having their home repossessed by the bank and looking to appeal it due to unfair dismissal. Only difference is it's a multi-billion appeal case directly against a penniless government so it's in the country's interest to see Quinn getting shafted. Quinn looks for grounds to lodge an appeal and discovers Anglo's loans could be share-fixing amongst other evidence, government realise they could be on shaky ground so decide the best thing is to bury Quinn to make sure his appeal never sees the light of day, seize more assets, flog 'em off, delay his case so that when he does come calling he has f**k all to fit with or fight for. Quinn fucks up by hiding assets, courts find out and have perfect reason to jail him and the media lap it all up with the angle of jail-skipping, corrupt crook fucks Paddy on the dole and then it's posted here.

It doesn't take much for what Peter Quinn says to be true. A top-level decision by 5-6 people to keep Quinn's ticking over to see if he can turn it around or oust him. They decide to oust him. Everybody below does what he's told because "he's broke/insurance ratio etc". Quinn fights against it, guys at the top fear he might have a case, option to slow down and admit some wrongdoing or go full hog bury Quinn and his case. Decide to bury him, seize assets flog them off, get a judge who is unlikely to be favourable to Quinn. Media takes their side because it's all dublin-based. In a recession rich people are the baddies and Quinn's a perfect figurehead to hang out to dry. You don't have to have Enda ring up Kevin Myers and tell him "the government is trying to down Sean Quinn and could you give us a hand". Denis O'Brien (moral guardian) own's half of the national media so I'd say Quinn couldn't expect much from him or the likes he'd employ (wouldn't be too many reared on the likes of a sandpit in Fermanagh).

Anyway you'll probably just rubbish all of that so just answer this in your reply.

If Quinn succeeds in his appeal case against the government/Anglo, what will the financial cost be to the government? Given they would have to return the assets illegally acquired off him and also the assets they have sold. That figure could be up on 2billion could it not?

Say Quinn won, could you imagine the coalition surviving losing such a case?

Now given that Irish politicians and civil servants have been notorious for lining their own pockets and serving their own interests do you think that for 2 billion euro and their seat at the cabinet table they would agree it's in the national interest to see Quinn go down irrespective of the law?

Quotewe have been served well by same judiciary since 1922.

I'd be careful who you'd say that to.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014