Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

As claimed by Quinn the 450M has been more than covered by the assets that Anglo have taken tho.

trileacman

Quote from: Hardy on August 01, 2012, 10:04:39 AM
Why is Mickey Harte afraid of God, though?

What the f**k do you mean by that?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Declan

QuoteExcept that (according to the media at least!) Quinn is deliberately trying to hide (from the state and by extension the taxpayers) the assets that the €450m loans were secured against.

This isn't a claim, Quinn has said it himself - its factual and the courts agreed hence the contempt charge

johnneycool

Quote from: LeoMc on August 01, 2012, 11:07:35 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 01, 2012, 10:46:24 AM
Quote from: deiseach on August 01, 2012, 10:37:03 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 01, 2012, 10:17:17 AM
I'm trying to keep an open mind in that I don't really know exactly what's going on and more importantly exactly what did go on at the time of the loans etc and what Quinn has done with the foreign property etc and if Anglo went for retrospective security, and stitching Quinn up to save their own hides. I've always held the view that there are rights and wrongs on both sides of the argument and I don't envisage a situation where Quinn is 100% innocent of all wrongdoing nor is he 100% guilty either. Likewise Anglo. They will be without total guilt or total innocence.But I have maintained Quinn's right to defend himself in all of this.

It isn't a zero sum game. They're both guilty of corruption and the sooner a few more Bernie Madoff-style prison sentences are handed down, the better. It irks me though that Seán Quinn is so successfully turning this into a Jacks against culchies discussion when it should be about honest folk against greedy b**tards.

I'd like to see a lot of white collars in the clink as well.

The only aspect of this I'm in agreement with Quinn is that I'd like to see his court case with Anglo go ahead sooner rather than later.

And I think I speak for all GAA, sport loving, white, male, car owners, samsung mobile phone users out there.

P.S. I've supported the consolidation of jobs in the Fermanagh/Cavan area as I've bought Quinn cement, 70mm double foil backed cavity insulation and I even think my radiators are from the Quinn group, I've also bought drink in his pub on the drumcondra road as well.

I agree with the first line highlighted but I disagree with your speaking out for me and intend to join the breakaway Galaxy Ace Association. I think this is the GAA Jarlath was speaking about.

But Jarlath was only speaking on behalf of Silverbridge GAC and to a lesser extent Armagh GAA.

I'm speaking on behalf on the entire GAA community, worldwide and in particular the GPA, in effect, the entire playing population, including intercounty stars as well as junior club players.

I'm really surprised that the Quinns didn't give me a call, but then again I've said in the past that their cement isn't as good as blue circle.

Hardy

Quote from: trileacman on August 01, 2012, 12:22:17 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 01, 2012, 10:04:39 AM
Why is Mickey Harte afraid of God, though?

What the f**k do you mean by that?

I didn't mean anything by it. Meaning is provided by answers, not questions. I was seeking meaning in rrhf's statement about Mickey's fear of God.

thejuice

I have ignored this story completely. I know little about Quinn or knowingly had any dealings with his companies.

It's just quirked my interest because people are now suddenly linking this case to the GAA. Can someone bring me up to date.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

deiseach

Quote from: thejuice on August 01, 2012, 12:43:13 PM
I have ignored this story completely. I know little about Quinn or knowingly had any dealings with his companies.

It's just quirked my interest because people are now suddenly linking this case to the GAA. Can someone bring me up to date.

If you have any sense, go back to ignoring it

sammymaguire

Was the amount of the Irish bailout €85bn?

And the Irish tax payer are more up in arms with Sean Quinn and the disputed €2.8bn than they are with the Irish government, who must have taken in billions of euro in stamp duty and taxes during the Celtic Tiger or the bankers who were in charge of the countries money.... and where did all that money disappear to??

They are the government so they must be right and Quinn must be wrong.

Now that one has me stumped.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Tubberman

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 01, 2012, 12:48:44 PM

And the Irish tax payer are more up in arms with Sean Quinn and the disputed €2.8bn than they are with the Irish government, who must have taken in billions of euro in stamp duty and taxes during the Celtic Tiger or the bankers who were in charge of the countries money.... and where did all that money disappear to??

Stop trying to deflect. Nobody is defending the banks, but that doesn't mean SQ should be able to walk away from the mess he's in and which he largely got himself into.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

sammymaguire

Quote from: Rossfan on August 01, 2012, 09:35:40 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 01, 2012, 09:21:06 AM
Or those who choose to not see.   8)
Mickey Harte is a much more respectful, clean living, god fearing, wiser and better man than many on here and many writing on this topic.   Without being disrespectful to your most valued thoughts, If you guys dont mind Ill take my lead from Mickey on this.
What a pity the fcukin Quinns wouldn't be as clean living as Micky then.
Will Micky stump up the €4Bn that the Quinns are costing the people of the 26 Cos?
Easy to love the Quinns if you live in the 6 Cos. and haven't to pay for their depredations  >:( >:( >:(
Will Micky pay for the operations etc that will be put on long term hold because of his friends the Quinns?
Maybe he will pay for the Funerals of the people who will die on waiting lists or in ambulances because of the cuts that will be imposed to pay for the Quinns?
Maybe Micky and the rest might just look in the mirror and examine their "god fearing" consciences ?

Were all the austerity measures and cuts not due to the €85bn bailout??

Now surely you can't blame Quinn for that??
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Quote from: Tubberman on August 01, 2012, 12:54:47 PM

Stop trying to deflect. Nobody is defending the banks, but that doesn't mean SQ should be able to walk away from the mess he's in and which he largely got himself into.

Its all related to what the Irish taxpayer is getting so annoyed about... defend the government as they surely can't be the wrong do-ers in this. Quinn did more good for Ireland than all the pricks in Dublin over the last 20 years put together that's for sure  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

armaghniac

QuoteWere all the austerity measures and cuts not due to the €85bn bailout??

Much of the need for the bailout was driven by the failure of the banks. This was caused by the failure of people to pay back their loans, and Quinn is certainly among the biggest offender in this category, although of course he is not the only one.

QuoteIts all related to what the Irish taxpayer is getting so annoyed about... defend the government as they surely can't be the wrong do-ers in this.

The government clearly had bad policies in the past. What exactly are they doing wrong now?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tubberman

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 01, 2012, 01:02:11 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 01, 2012, 12:54:47 PM

Its all related to what the Irish taxpayer is getting so annoyed about... defend the government as they surely can't be the wrong do-ers in this. Quinn did more good for Ireland than all the pricks in Dublin over the last 20 years put together that's for sure  :o

And that entitles him to act above the law, and give the two fingers to the Irish taxpayers??
If you feel strongly enough about it, why don't you start a collection in Fermanagh to cover the costs of the Quinn mess?
You can start with the ~€450m which he admits he owes but is refusing to pay, and the 2% levy on EVERY insurance policy taken out in the Republic to fill the hole created by Quinn Insurance.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

sammymaguire

Quote from: armaghniac on August 01, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

Much of the need for the bailout was driven by the failure of the GOVERNMENT REGULATED banks. This was caused by the failure of people to pay back their loans, and Quinn is certainly among the biggest offender in this category, although of course he is not the only one.

QuoteIts all related to what the Irish taxpayer is getting so annoyed about... defend the government as they surely can't be the wrong do-ers in this.

The government clearly had bad policies in the past. What exactly are they doing wrong now?

The whole Quinn debacle is what they are doing wrong now!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

LeoMc

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 01, 2012, 01:29:24 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 01, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

Much of the need for the bailout was driven by the failure of the GOVERNMENT REGULATED banks. This was caused by the failure of people to pay back their loans, and Quinn is certainly among the biggest offender in this category, although of course he is not the only one.

The whole Quinn debacle is what they are doing wrong now!

Go on break it down for us.

IRBC are trying to claim what they believe they are owed.
The Courts are trying to stop Quinns from hiding these assets until the liabilities can be determined.
What are the Government doing?