Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: firestarter on July 29, 2012, 06:50:11 PM
I dont understand what they are hoping to achieve. I'm aware of all that the quinn family did for the people of this part of the world but they took gambles by way of investments which they lost on. The net result is that they owe the Irish tax payer and have acted illegally in trying to prevent this debt being recovered. Am I missing something here??
[/b]

Plenty. All is not what it seems.  ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: orangeman on July 29, 2012, 10:30:47 PM
Quote from: firestarter on July 29, 2012, 06:50:11 PM
I dont understand what they are hoping to achieve. I'm aware of all that the quinn family did for the people of this part of the world but they took gambles by way of investments which they lost on. The net result is that they owe the Irish tax payer and have acted illegally in trying to prevent this debt being recovered. Am I missing something here??
[/b]

Plenty. All is not what it seems.  ;)
Doesnt firestarter know St Sean was hiding all this cash to give to the poor  ::)

saffron sam2

Joe Kernan there to lend his support?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

orangeman

Several major GAA names from both sides of the border led young and old, many carrying posters calling for the release of Sean Jnr.

An emotional Sean Quinn Snr, his wife Patricia, three of their children and extended family members, including Sean Jnr's wife Karen, were at the demonstration.

"The Quinns always stick by each other," he said.

The former tycoon thanked his staff for their service and their help in building the empire he grew by working hard on his behalf, but criticised those against him.

"An untrue story is being told," he added.

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte also stood by the Quinns, who at one stage employed 7,000 people – many in the border counties.

"You know decent people when you meet them. The Quinns are decent people," he said.

Elsewhere Father Brian D'Arcy compared Anglo, rebranded as the IBRC, to the institutions of the Catholic Church.

"The main reason I'm here tonight is because as Christians and good neighbours we have a right, a duty, to and stand by our families and neighbours when they are in trouble," the outspoken priest said.

"And nobody will take that away from us."

Tubberman

What a load of shite. What Fr Darcy said is basically that we'll defend them because we know them and they employed a lot of people, it doesn't matter whether they're right or wrong.
Fine, but don't think that the rest of the country should follow suit.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

supersarsfields

That's not what he said at all. But I'm not surprised that's what is being reported in the papers today. It really opens your eyes when you attend something and see it with your own eyes and then you hear the PR version that is put out in the media. If ever I needed convincing of Anglo's control over the media I've seen it with the reporting so far of this demonstration. But unfortunately some people just believe everything they read!! Some reports also saying there were hundred's at it. I would have estimated at the very least 5K but prob more towards 7K. Ballyconnell main strret was packed from the Garda Station all the way back to the crossroads.
What Father Darcy had said before going into that, was calling for Action to look into the loans and to whether they were enforceable? He said this should have been the first question when they moved to seize assets and not the last one.
Again it seems to be other people that are using the " He created jobs line" or "he a saint" line now to muddy the water and make out that this is the only reason the Quinns are taking action. What a lot of people are reluctant to admit is that the Quinns now have a legal case against the loans, and the fact that the Irish state and Anglo are doing their best to " Carry on regardless" now is not going to take away from that. There were strong questions asked of Enda Kenny so it will be interesting to see if he bothers to answer them.
It was a strong line up including Colm O'Rourke, Mickey Harte, Jarlath Burns, Big Joe, Father D'arcy, Sean Boylan and a few local representatives. Some very passionate speeches by the above speakers calling for the Quinns side of the story to be heard. 

glens abu

ffs the rest of the country wouldn't know a decent person if they were standing beside them,they have been brought up listening to shite merchants on the late late for years.Grow a pair and get out and support someone who have his country and community at heart. >:(

Shamrock Shore

Big crowds used to turn up in Ballinspittle to see statues move.

supersarsfields

Big crowds also used to turn out at civil rights marches.

Hereiam

Agree with you Sarsfields, the media is doing all the dirty work for Anglo. If you don't have them on ur side there isnt much hope.

Saffrongael

Is Jarlath Burns now just a rent-a-mob ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

NAG1

supersarsfields

Have to say he had the other half's attention anyway. Very impressed she was!!  :o

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: supersarsfields on July 30, 2012, 10:34:52 AM
Have to say he had the other half's attention anyway. Very impressed she was!!  :o

Be careful now Ted, ye never know who's reading this ;)

seafoid

Quote from: orangeman on July 29, 2012, 11:48:06 PM
Several major GAA names from both sides of the border led young and old, many carrying posters calling for the release of Sean Jnr.

An emotional Sean Quinn Snr, his wife Patricia, three of their children and extended family members, including Sean Jnr's wife Karen, were at the demonstration.

"The Quinns always stick by each other," he said.

The former tycoon thanked his staff for their service and their help in building the empire he grew by working hard on his behalf, but criticised those against him.

"An untrue story is being told," he added.

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte also stood by the Quinns, who at one stage employed 7,000 people – many in the border counties.

"You know decent people when you meet them. The Quinns are decent people," he said.

Elsewhere Father Brian D'Arcy compared Anglo, rebranded as the IBRC, to the institutions of the Catholic Church.

"The main reason I'm here tonight is because as Christians and good neighbours we have a right, a duty, to and stand by our families and neighbours when they are in trouble," the outspoken priest said.

"And nobody will take that away from us."
The border counties have been shafted since the foundation of the state. Quinn was their big man for a long time but he was flawed and he lost it all. And it is not coming back. 

The people need representatives to serve their interests.  In other countries that would be the State but unfortunately they live in Ireland. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU