Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Anglo. They were the financially regulated instution. The onus was on them to ensure any loans they made were legal and enforcable. 

armaghniac

QuoteSo if the loans are found to have been illegal, who should be liable for them?

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

supersarsfields

Yeah that kinda sucks I suppose. But that's what the state agreed to when going through the bank guarantee. They can't pick and choose their liabilities.
Obviously it will depend on whether the loans are deemed illegal or not.

LeoMc

Quote from: supersarsfields on July 27, 2012, 02:35:50 PM
Anglo. They were the financially regulated instution. The onus was on them to ensure any loans they made were legal and enforcable.

If SQ was aware (and I am not saying he was) that the loans were not kosher would there not be an element of liability on him also?

boojangles

Quote from: LeoMc on July 27, 2012, 03:31:30 PM

If SQ was aware (and I am not saying he was) that the loans were not kosher would there not be an element of liability on him also?

I think having your profitable business empire taken away from you is a big enough liability, would you agree?

supersarsfields

There would indeed. I'm not saying that SQ wasn't guilty of anything. That's why the whole issue of the loans should be looked at before any enforcement of them.

LeoMc

Quote from: boojangles on July 27, 2012, 03:43:48 PM

I think having your profitable business empire taken away from you is a big enough liability, would you agree?
Depends upon how culpable he is.

supersarsfields

Fair enough, that's why it should be investigated now before the loans are enforced. There's a big rally this evening at 7 in ballyconnell to show support for the quinns and to ask the state to stop the enforcement of these loans until they are fully investigated. There will be a few Prominent and interesting speakers to discuss it. Just in case any of you's wanted to go!! ;D

LeoMc

Quote from: supersarsfields on July 29, 2012, 09:20:34 AM
Fair enough, that's why it should be investigated now before the loans are enforced. There's a big rally this evening at 7 in ballyconnell to show support for the quinns and to ask the state to stop the enforcement of these loans until they are fully investigated. There will be a few Prominent and interesting speakers to discuss it. Just in case any of you's wanted to go!! ;D
Agreed, but are they not freezing the assets until that is determined?

Aaron Boone

Peter Darragh was at the Belcoo-Tempo match on Fri says the BBC.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 29, 2012, 10:42:08 AM
Peter Darragh was at the Belcoo-Tempo match on Fri says the BBC.
Worse punishment than jail.

supersarsfields

Quote from: LeoMc on July 29, 2012, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on July 29, 2012, 09:20:34 AM
Agreed, but are they not freezing the assets until that is determined?

No they are freezing everything on the Quinns side. But are still allowing Anglo a free reign on asset recovery. Including organising sales of assets.

Oldhacker

According to Twitter and Facebook, the main speakers at tonight's rally in Ballyconnell in support of the Quinn family are Mickey Harte, Sean Boylan and Colm O'Rourke. With Peter Quinn junior turning up with his father at the Fermangh championship match on Friday, the impression is being given that the GAA is backing the Quinn campaign all the way.

firestarter

I dont understand what they are hoping to achieve. I'm aware of all that the quinn family did for the people of this part of the world but they took gambles by way of investments which they lost on. The net result is that they owe the Irish tax payer and have acted illegally in trying to prevent this debt being recovered. Am I missing something here??

LeoMc

Tony Fearon and Newton Emerson giving a few good quotes about this on twitter. Newton wont be holidaying round Fermanagh for a while.