Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: glens abu on July 25, 2012, 02:22:24 PM
a state that was run by corrupt politicians for years who the GAA wined and dined and still do,ffs wise up your making a complete tool of yourself

No, he isn't

NAG1

By taking the stance that a Club shouldnt be publicly supporting criminals (civil as it may be at the moment) more a principal thing? no matter how much money they gave to their local club?

deiseach

Quote from: NAG1 on July 25, 2012, 02:37:04 PM
By taking the stance that a Club shouldnt be publicly supporting criminals (civil as it may be at the moment) more a principal thing? no matter how much money they gave to their local club?

In short, no. Asking a club to basically spurn friendships it has established over a long period of time is too tough an ask. I think we'd have to agree to differ on this one.

NAG1

Im happy to do so, believe me I am no fan of the banks politicians or anyone who left our country in the state that it is in. Non are whiter than white in this whole debacle.

supersarsfields

Quote from: NAG1 on July 25, 2012, 02:37:04 PM

I'd have to agree with deiseach. I can't see many clubs ignoring a member being victamised (In their eyes) regardless of whether they have a criminal or civil offence.

orangeman

Teemore club is made up of local men and women. The Quinns were and have been a big part of the club.

From talking to people in that area, any sympathy generated by this situation falls on the side of the Quinns and it is generally felt that Sean Quinn and his family are being shafted.

They are as a club lending their support on this local issue.

No different to other GAA clubs historically coming out and lending their support to whatever cause they feel is appropriate. Some have been controversial.

Teemore are on the side of the Quinns. No big deal really. That's their perogative.

Denn Forever

Was watching Vincent Brown last night and a contributor raised an interesting question. 

Anglo are going after the Quinn's for 2.8 Bn. Their assets have been taken away from them e.g. Hotels, Pubs, companies etc and the value of these assets are greater than 2.8 Bn.  Does that make any dent in their liabilities?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersarsfields

Watched V Brown last night myself to see what was to be said. And have to say I thought the two woman, while meaning well weren't really at the races when it came to debating. Was kinda cringing through parts of it. I'm surprised they couldn't get someone with a bit more about them to speak.

There was a few points raised which don't add up but is would seem Anglo aren't being held to question on any of it and seem to be getting a free reign on asset recovery whether legal or not.

deiseach

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 25, 2012, 03:41:04 PM
Anglo are going after the Quinn's for 2.8 Bn. Their assets have been taken away from them e.g. Hotels, Pubs, companies etc and the value of these assets are greater than 2.8 Bn.  Does that make any dent in their liabilities?

I presume this contributor had some evidence for their assertion that the assets that have already been removed from Seán Quinn's possession have a sale value of greater than €2.8 billion. I'd be interested to see this evidence.

supersarsfields

The point being that we are still hearing about this 2.8 Billion dept that SQ has left behind, which is obviously untrue. I have to be honest and say that I know little about the value of the hotels, pubs, cement etc. But the Glass was valued at between £4-500 Million (including both plants).
So why aren't Anglo being forced to show what everything they have recovered is valued at? This was one of the main points the Quinns raised after the takeover and we're still waiting on an answer.

tyronefan

Why is it obviously untrue. It seems that there some dispute over the amount owed and it is far from obviously what is owed.

supersarsfields

Well it's Anglo that are saying 2.8 Billion ( I would imagine they would be quoting the highest possible amount). But there's dispute over whether 2.3B of that is illegal loans or not according to the Quinns (And now the courts).

Maguire01

I can understand why Teemore GAA members might feel like this, although just reading the statement - this sentence stood out:
We must ask the question, why have members of the Quinn Family being sentenced to jail for investing in a Bank?
Do they not understand what the sentence is for? It's not for investing in a bank.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 25, 2012, 05:24:45 PM
I can understand why Teemore GAA members might feel like this, although just reading the statement - this sentence stood out:
We must ask the question, why have members of the Quinn Family being sentenced to jail for investing in a Bank?
Do they not understand what the sentence is for? It's not for investing in a bank.

I think that's the club justifying their statement, stripping it down to the bare bones, almost child like and there for effect only, like why are they punishing an innocent man?

Everyone knows its contentious and Quinn is not snow white either, but I think it would be accepted by all, the authorities dealt with this whole saga in a very poor fashion.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ludermor

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 25, 2012, 05:30:20 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 25, 2012, 05:24:45 PM

I think that's the club justifying their statement, stripping it down to the bare bones, almost child like and there for effect only, like why are they punishing an innocent man?

Everyone knows its contentious and Quinn is not snow white either, but I think it would be accepted by all, the authorities dealt with this whole saga in a very poor fashion.
Do you realise how stupid that makes them look?