Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: trileacman on July 23, 2012, 07:33:52 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 23, 2012, 02:45:29 PM
Another "look what you let me do" argument from Tyrone.

Meath man playing the man and not the ball.

f**king shocker.  ::)

Tyrone man whining about Meath.

Business as usual.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on July 23, 2012, 07:38:07 PM
Quotethe government will own your house too if you cant afford your property tax in the next year or two if they decide to make it €xxxx .... be careful what you wish for buddy - Your government can do anything they wish, anything at all, no matter how stupid it may be!

Bollix. People in Fermanagh have had property taxes all along.
The government does what it was elected to do, which is to recover as much money from billionaires who haven't paid back their loans so that schools and hospitals can get the money that would otherwise go to banks.

anyhow, the action moves along, Quinn will have a few mates to chat to in jail 

GENEVIEVE CARBERY and SIMON CARSWELL

Two former senior executives of Anglo Irish Bank appeared in court this afternoon charged in connection with alleged financial irregularities at the bank.

The bank's former finance director Willie McAteer and executive Pat Whelan are the first people to be charged in the three-and-a-half-year-old Anglo Irish Bank investigation.

Mr McAteer (61), with an address at Auburn Villas, Rathgar, Dublin was charged with 16 counts of giving unlawful financial assistance  to buy shares in Anglo Irish Bank in 2008.

It is claimed the alleged unlawful financial help to buy shares was given between July 10th and July 17th, 2008 to 15 people - which include the so-called "Maple Ten" group of Irish Investors and several members of Sean Quinn's family - and from July 17th until July 30th, of the same year, to Patricia Quinn, the wife of now bankrupt businessman.

The court granted Mr McAteer bail on his own bond of €1,000 and an independent surety of €10,000 in cash or equivalent. The surety was put up by his wife. Mr McAteer also surrendered his passport for the duration of the court proceedings.

Judge Cormac Dunne also ordered him to continue to reside at his home in Auburn Villas, Rathgar and to notify gardaí of a change in address at least 48 hours in advance.

Sgt Catherina Gunne told the court she arrested Mr McAteer at 9.50am this morning on the N7 at Rathcoole. He was taken to the Bridewell Garda station and charged.

He made no reply after each charge was put to him, she said. The case will return to court on October 8th.

Mr McAteer left the Criminal Courts complex at about 2.30 with his family.

Mr Whelan was charged later with the same 16 offences.

Mr Whelan (50), of "Rachra", Coast Road, Malahide, Co Dublin, was arrested today at 12.25pm at his home and brought to the Bridewell Garda station.

Det Sgt Michael Prendergast of the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement told the court that Mr Whelan gave no response when the charges were read to him.

Mr Whelan, the former managing director of Anglo's Irish lending business and a one-time director of the bank, was released on bail on a bond of €1,000 and independent surety of €10,000.

He has agreed to sign on every Sunday at his local Garda station in Malahide and to give 48 hours notice to travel outside the State, other than the UK where he has business interests.

He must also give 48 hours notice of any change of address.

Michael Staines, solicitor for Mr Whelan, asked Judge Dunne could his client sign on every Sunday as he was "over and back" to London during the week.

Mr Whelan will appear before the court again on October 8th. There was no objection to Mr Whelan's bail.

The Quinn family members who allegedly received unlawful financial assistance were named as Seán Quinn jnr; Collette Marie Quinn; Aoife Quinn; Breda Quinn; Ciara Quinn and Patricia Quinn.

The other Anglo Irish Bank customers are Patrick McKillen; Seamus Ross; Brian O'Farrell; John McCabe; Gerard Maguire; Patrick Kearney; Gerard Gannon; Gerard Conlon; Joseph O'Reilly and Sean Reilly.

The charges were made under section 60 (15) of the Companies Act 1963. Penalties under the Act can include up to five years imprisonment or a fine of €3174.25 per offence.

Penalities from a gentler era. Nobody in 1963 could have imagined 50 families including the Quinns   condemning 4 million people to a 10 year long economic depression.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

The Quinn family press release follows hard on the heels of the Mortimer family press release. PFO.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

supersarsfields

Great news yesterday for the Quinns. Now that criminal proceedings are being brought against Anglo, it now looks increasly likely the Loans that Anglo are enforcing are illegal. So we'll see who was stripping assets of who.

Declan

sammymaguire

the government will own your house too if you cant afford your property tax in the next year or two if they decide to make it €xxxx .... be careful what you wish for buddy - Your government can do anything they wish, anything at all, no matter how stupid it may be!

The government does what it was elected to do, which is to recover as much money from billionaires who haven't paid back their loans so that schools and hospitals can get the money that would otherwise go to banks.

I was referring to the new household charge/property tax that has been and is on the verge of being introduced to the Irish taxpayers in the south of Ireland... what happens if it starts pushing many people over the edge and they can't afford it... will deiseach be so patriotic then? ... did you not get that?

Was Seany Fitz heading off on his hols this morning?? Mr Fitzpatrick was arrested at 5.35am this morning at Dublin Airport and was taken to the Bridewell Garda Station, where charges are due to be put to him.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

deiseach

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 24, 2012, 09:11:29 AM
I was referring to the new household charge/property tax that has been and is on the verge of being introduced to the Irish taxpayers in the south of Ireland... what happens if it starts pushing many people over the edge and they can't afford it... will deiseach be so patriotic then? ... did you not get that?
A €100 tax is not going to push people over the edge. Losing their jobs is what pushes people over the edge. I wonder how many people lost their jobs because Seán Quinn gambled his company because he wanted to be a billionaire rather than a millionaire.

Tubberman

the government will own your house too if you cant afford your property tax in the next year or two if they decide to make it €xxxx .... be careful what you wish for buddy - Your government can do anything they wish, anything at all, no matter how stupid it may be!

Was Seany Fitz heading off on his hols this morning?? Mr Fitzpatrick was arrested at 5.35am this morning at Dublin Airport and was taken to the Bridewell Garda Station, where charges are due to be put to him.

Is there not already a property tax in place in the north of Ireland??
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

supersarsfields

Quote from: deiseach on July 24, 2012, 09:28:33 AM
A €100 tax is not going to push people over the edge. Losing their jobs is what pushes people over the edge. I wonder how many people lost their jobs because Seán Quinn gambled his company because he wanted to be a billionaire rather than a millionaire.

And how many people got a job because of the same reason? If you're counting one side of that arguement count the other. And Quinn had plenty of opportunity to outsourse alot of his operations but he made a point of keeping it local to develop the local area. and regardless of the diasterous gamble on Anglo the majority of those jobs are still there.

sammymaguire

Quote from: deiseach on July 24, 2012, 09:28:33 AM

Have you paid it yet? I bet you have cos you are such a patriotic Irish man who wouldnt put a foot wrong. How much is this property tax going to rise to next year? thats what might push people over the edge.
Can you see what might be going on here? Do you not think that the authorities were too quick to act in relation to pulling the plug in QI? the lifeblood of the Quinn company and strip them off everything they have? A much quicker fix than waiting for the taxes and monies coming in from things staying as they were.... Its been a witch hunt from the minute they saw that everything wasnt 100% and they pounced on them like a ton of bricks.

Tubberman, I am not referring to the north  :P
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

deiseach

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 24, 2012, 10:18:06 AM
Have you paid it yet? I bet you have cos you are such a patriotic Irish man who wouldnt put a foot wrong.

You say it like it's an insult.

sammymaguire

Quote from: deiseach on July 24, 2012, 10:20:44 AM
Have you paid it yet? I bet you have cos you are such a patriotic Irish man who wouldnt put a foot wrong.

You havent answered my question or any of my points. What do you think of Bono?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

deiseach

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 24, 2012, 10:21:52 AM

You ask a lot of "when did you stop beating your wife" questions.

sammymaguire

Quote from: deiseach on July 24, 2012, 10:26:00 AM
Quote from: sammymaguire on July 24, 2012, 10:21:52 AM

You ask a lot of "when did you stop beating your wife" questions.

You dont like answering them... I dont like beating around the bush.  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!