Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

"Fitzie, can you get me off the hook...for old times sake?"

"Can't do it Quinny."

Rois

RTE front page reporting that the two younger Quinns are to be jailed but story behind link hasn't been updated.

EDIT: Independent says they both got 3 months

supersarsfields

Both Jrs to be jailed for min of 3 months. Sr kept out to overturn things. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18928472

orangeman

Bankrupt former billionaire Sean Quinn has been spared jail in Dublin for moving millions out of the reach of a bank owed £2bn.

His son Sean and nephew Peter Darragh Quinn will be jailed until they purge the contempt of court.

They will spend a minimum of three months in prison.

The three had breached a court order by putting international property beyond the reach of the Irish Bank Resolution Corporation (IBRC).

Earlier, an arrest warrant was issued for Peter Darragh Quinn.

The judge made the order after he failed to turn up at the High Court in Dublin on Friday to be sentenced.

The three men were found to be in contempt of court in June.

At that time, the judge ordered them to reverse the movement of assets out of the reach of the IRBC, the state-owned former Anglo Irish Bank.

They were then given three weeks to comply with a range of further court orders before they were sentenced.

Those orders included:

Locked out

Full disclosure of all assets worldwide in which the three hold an interest;

A receiver be appointed over all assets, except for family homes and joint accounts;

The men must resign from the board of directors or from any managerial role in any company or body within the International Property Group (IPG).

The Irish state bailed out the Anglo Irish bank when it failed and the IBRC's function is now to recover money for the Irish taxpayer.

LeoMc

Quote from: Hardy on July 20, 2012, 02:13:58 PM
The Sopranos had nothing on this. Tony sends Paulie Walnuts and Silvio to Russia to get some local hoods to B&B some loot until the heat dies down. The deal is based on Wise Guys' honour - Tony has Boris's word that he'll hand the swag back when the dust settles, minus an agreed fee, of course.

But some snitch blabs about the Russian deal and the Feds catch up with Tony and the boys. So Tony has no option now - to keep out of the slammer he has to hand over the moolah. So he calls Boris and says "look, the gig is over - send on the dough, 'cos I gotta hand it over to Uncle Sam". You can almost hear Boris shrugging over the phone. "Who are you? What you talkin about? What dough?" Click.

So here we are in the final scene of Season 7, Episode 1. The courtroom. The boys are here to hand over the cash. We know they don't have it. So the credits are about to roll and we look forward to how this will play out next week. But this is the Sopranos. There's always a dramatic and usually comic twist to make sure we come back next week.

Paulie Walnuts is on the lam.

For this alone I hope ye beat Dublin on Sunday.

Cosmo Kramer

The two boys should get a good feel for their surroundings while they're in there - maybe bring their dad/uncle in and show him around too. I'd say the three of them will be seeing a lot more of the place.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

All of a Sludden

They'll be out quicker than you can say temporary release.

I didn't think any of them would ever do a day, hopefully we can move on to the politicians and bankers next.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

sammymaguire

A nice deserted island would be a good spot for the lads for the next couple of years...  :-X

This whole witch hunt is a joke. Why are the authorities not chasing all the corrupt bankers, politicians and developers ... country is a complete joke!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

supersarsfields

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 20, 2012, 04:32:23 PM
The two boys should get a good feel for their surroundings while they're in there - maybe bring their dad/uncle in and show him around too. I'd say the three of them will be seeing a lot more of the place.

If petey's sense he'll not see a bit of it. He'll miss the AI final right enough. 

Abble

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 20, 2012, 04:35:37 PM
A nice deserted island would be a good spot for the lads for the next couple of years...  :-X

This whole witch hunt is a joke. Why are the authorities not chasing all the corrupt bankers, politicians and developers ... country is a complete joke!

when you think of some of the scum walking back out of the courts on a daily basis getting away with all sorts you really do have to wonder. the whole thing is fcuked. what is known now about the bankers shenanigans robbin and thievin us all and not one yet is being taken up ! this whole quinn thing has been a perfect distraction for the banks. ok, they fcuked up bigtime but putting these folk in jail is a disgrace. You'd think they were the only people in this country moving an asset or three around

LeoMc

Quote from: supersarsfields on July 20, 2012, 02:51:46 PM
Feck that, give them a medal for putting it up to Anglo.

Free the Teemore three.

You do know any assets recovered don't go to Seanie Fitz but to the Irish tax-payer.

sammymaguire

Quote from: LeoMc on July 20, 2012, 09:25:05 PM

Free the Teemore three.

You do know any assets recovered don't go to Seanie Fitz but to the Irish tax-payer.

what do you plan on doing with your quota of the assets Leo? what difference do you reckon it will make if these assets eventually get taken out of Quinn's hands?? Sweet FA. Its a witch hunt which is being carried on out the basis of making an example that no-one in Ireland is too big to be taken down to size and made pay... well the ones that it suits they go after anyway.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

LeoMc

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 23, 2012, 09:49:37 AM

Free the Teemore three.

what do you plan on doing with your quota of the assets Leo? what difference do you reckon it will make if these assets eventually get taken out of Quinn's hands?? Sweet FA. Its a witch hunt which is being carried on out the basis of making an example that no-one in Ireland is too big to be taken down to size and made pay... well the ones that it suits they go after anyway.

I pay into a different exchequer.
Do you subscribe to the view that no wrongdoing should be punished unless all wrongdoing is punished or is SQ a special case because he created the jobs he gambled with?

sammymaguire

I think if the Quinn empire had have been left alone, they would have honoured whatever debt was owed by them. They had the rug pulled from beneath their feet very dramatically right from the beginning of this debacle and the whole situation could and should have been handled much better.

I think they have been unjustly treated by the public authorities in the south of Ireland, a bit of a cash cow to chase after I would say. They have been turned into "lets make some kind of example of these f*ck3rs and we'll pillage them for whatever we can get our hands on too - what's theirs is ours!!"

I dont think the Irish Govt gave much care to the Quinn jobs in the area when most of this has gone on either.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

gerrykeegan

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 23, 2012, 09:49:37 AM

Free the Teemore three.

Sammy things might be changing in that regard
Former Anglo Irish Bank finance director Willie McAteer is due in court this afternoon to be charged in connection with alleged financial irregularities at the bank.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)