Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quinn is as crooked as a dogs hind leg. Although Anglo should have told him to feck off.

supersarsfields

Or the alternative is that Anglo were as crooked as a dogs hind leg and Quinn should never have went near them.

EC Unique

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 16, 2012, 12:00:53 AM
Or the alternative is that Anglo were as crooked as a dogs hind leg and Quinn should never have went near them.

This.

Hope he gets keeping his millions as he is the lesser crook in the whole mess.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 16, 2012, 12:00:53 AM
A match made in hell.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AQMP

Quote from: orangeman on May 15, 2012, 11:30:34 PM
Not a lot of firm evidence against Sean Quinn here. Plenty of speculation.

Can't see Sean, his son or Peter doing time here.

Jim fancies himself as a Darragh Mc Intyre type.

When does the Quinn case against the bank come up ?.

If it goes pear shaped for the Quinns I can see the BBC headline already..."GAA rocked by imprisonment of former President's son"

Some evidence against Peter Jnr mind you.  I think Sam Smyth summed it up best when he said the Quinns would spend the rest of their days in comfort crying about how they should be a lot better off.

supersarsfields

I wouldn't think so to be honest. They never courted the media when things were going well so I can't see them crying to the media now. I'd imagine when things are finished they'll be looking to move on and trying to start something again. Well that seems to be the impression I get. 

NAG1

Surely they will still have 'relatively' vast personal fortunes stashed away somewhere, so I would imagine that they will be fine.

orangeman

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 16, 2012, 09:44:11 AM
I wouldn't think so to be honest. They never courted the media when things were going well so I can't see them crying to the media now. I'd imagine when things are finished they'll be looking to move on and trying to start something again. Well that seems to be the impression I get.

It looks like there could be a lot of litigation on both sides ongoing for years.

supersarsfields

Quote from: NAG1 on May 16, 2012, 10:15:07 AM
Surely they will still have 'relatively' vast personal fortunes stashed away somewhere, so I would imagine that they will be fine.

I wouldn't be so sure. Plus the cost of running these cases will easily run into the millions. And should they lose control of the rest of the assets to Anglo then I can't see the money lasting long. And at the minute they don't have any other business interests generating money.

Course should they win the big cases, they wouldn't have any problems.

Milltown Row2

People move money all the time so that the banks/goverment don't get their hands on it. Quinn was seriously loaded so it seems a lot but really only relative to his earnings. He employed thousands and must have generated a fortune for the banks along the way. 

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

orangeman

Sean Quinn's childrren's assets frozen by Dublin High Court

The Dublin High Court has granted orders freezing the assets owned or controlled by the five adult children of bankrupt businessman Sean Quinn.

The move also covers Mr Quinn's nephew, Peter Darragh Quinn and two sons-in-law Stephen Kelly and Niall McPartland.

The orders were sought by the Irish Bank Resolution Corporation.

Lawyers for the bank said it believed the Quinns had already "misappropriated" assets from their international property group.

The bank claims it is part of a plan to frustrate its efforts to recover loans of up to 2.8bn euros and the Quinns were prepared to dispose of those assets.

The bank claims the family may have continued to take actions implementing the plan, during the contempt proceedings taken against them in the High Court by the bank.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly granted the orders sought by the bank.

He said the allegations against the defendants were of the "utmost seriousness" and, given the "alleged deviousness", he considered the court should intervene and make the orders sought.

The orders mean the Quinns cannot reduce their assets below 50m euros each, except for living expenses of 2,000 euros each until next Wednesday

supersarsfields

Big day tomorrow for the Quinns. Decision expected on the contempt cases. Anglo will be hoping tomorrow finishes them and they don't get to run the big cases against them.

orangeman

What's the thinking ahead of tomorrow SSS ?

supersarsfields

Not sure OM. I'd be nervious. If they're held in contempt it prob nails they're chances of running the cases against Anglo. So the state will be wanting a guilty verdict. As for whether they're going to get charged or not I couldn't tell you. Think Anglo had a strong case but whether they were fit to prove without doubt I don't know.