Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

Of course he should have the right to take a case against Anglo/IBRC - I don't think anyone's saying he shouldn't. The point is that running off and claiming bankruptcy in another country while sellling multi million euro companies in exchange for a laptop aren't the actions of someone looking to save their good name - they're the actions of a weasel looking to play whatever trick he can to let he and his family keep assets that don't belong to him by right.

supersarsfields

See what I mean about people not following things and taking the state's/ Anglo words in the media.

SQ didn't run away to NI to get bankruptcy. He had his centre of interests in NI for 38 years. It was Anglo who were getting the ruling on a technicality, the fact that at the point of Bankruptcy he had no point of interest in the North ( A huge feck up by his solicitors I would imagine). What you don't seem able to understand is that if the Quinn Group had went bust, He would have been bankrupted in the North. If Anglo hadn't denied him access to his office he would have been bankrupt in the North.
Some people follow the Anglo word Hook, line and sinker. And again whether North or South it makes no difference to the chances of recovering the money.

As for the transferring of assets, of course he's going to do that. The assets are in the kids names. At the minute Anglo should have no say over them and the Quinns can do what they like to protect themselves from Anglo especially considering the latest action* they have taken in Ireland here and all with the State's protection ( Wonder why that is?)

The Quinns are right to do whatever they can in areas away from Irish jurisdiction as they are getting no justice here for it and nor will they ever. So if they are getting rulings in areas without the state influence then fair play and I hope it works.

* I'll not go into this just yet, when or if it comes out I'll refer back to it.  :-X

trileacman

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 12, 2012, 08:18:40 AM
See what I mean about people not following things and taking the state's/ Anglo words in the media.

SQ didn't run away to NI to get bankruptcy. He had his centre of interests in NI for 38 years. It was Anglo who were getting the ruling on a technicality, the fact that at the point of Bankruptcy he had no point of interest in the North ( A huge feck up by his solicitors I would imagine). What you don't seem able to understand is that if the Quinn Group had went bust, He would have been bankrupted in the North. If Anglo hadn't denied him access to his office he would have been bankrupt in the North.
Some people follow the Anglo word Hook, line and sinker. And again whether North or South it makes no difference to the chances of recovering the money.

As for the transferring of assets, of course he's going to do that. The assets are in the kids names. At the minute Anglo should have no say over them and the Quinns can do what they like to protect themselves from Anglo especially considering the latest action* they have taken in Ireland here and all with the State's protection ( Wonder why that is?)

The Quinns are right to do whatever they can in areas away from Irish jurisdiction as they are getting no justice here for it and nor will they ever. So if they are getting rulings in areas without the state influence then fair play and I hope it works.

* I'll not go into this just yet, when or if it comes out I'll refer back to it.  :-X

I agree with you Sarsfields. People will believe whatever Anglo/Nama/the government feed them.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Lone Shark

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 12, 2012, 08:18:40 AM

That's a pretty clear statement that you feel the Irish courts are corrupt. I hate a lot of things about this diseased state but if you genuinely believe that then we'd all be as well off shipping out.

Seriously, do you get the gravity of what you've just said?

As for the transferring of assets, we've covered all that and I think it's fair to say we're of very different views, so we won't go into it again.

supersarsfields

I understand it surely LS and I stand by it. It's unusal that the success that the Quinns are having in this fight is in areas were the Irish Government have no authority on the legal system.

But as you've said we're signing of different hymn sheets and I don't think either of us are going to change our views on the whole process.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 12, 2012, 07:23:48 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 11, 2012, 11:31:27 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on January 11, 2012, 11:11:49 PM
The fact this is falling back on to the tax payers is irrelevant. That wasn't SQ's decision.

It's SQs decision to screw us now though, he knows it's the taxpayer that will end up paying his bill and he is doing f**k all to help us. So for the Republic that's 2000 odd jobs in the insurance industry (that may have been created anyway by another company if the gap was there) for €2.8bn.
Them 2000 will have to pay a lot of tax!
To me SQ has destroyed his good name in Ireland and is as bad and worse than the rest like Seanie Fitz and Bertie

As I said before, the fact that the state( who it would seem were up in their necks in it as well) nationalised that dept doesn't change that.

What do u mean by this? It's a fairly hefty statement without anything to back it up. Personally it FF never got back into power it would be too soon but to claim that Cowen or Lenihan acted on anything other than what they thought to be the country's best interests is outrageous and a besmirch on a statesman grave, I'd suggest you clarify or retract
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Franko

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 12, 2012, 12:03:38 PM
The fact this is falling back on to the tax payers is irrelevant. That wasn't SQ's decision.

It's SQs decision to screw us now though, he knows it's the taxpayer that will end up paying his bill and he is doing f**k all to help us. So for the Republic that's 2000 odd jobs in the insurance industry (that may have been created anyway by another company if the gap was there) for €2.8bn.
To me SQ has destroyed his good name in Ireland and is as bad and worse than the rest like Seanie Fitz and Bertie

As I said before, the fact that the state( who it would seem were up in their necks in it as well) nationalised that dept doesn't change that.

What do u mean by this? It's a fairly hefty statement without anything to back it up. Personally it FF never got back into power it would be too soon but to claim that Cowen or Lenihan acted on anything other than what they thought to be the country's best interests is outrageous and a besmirch on a statesman grave, I'd suggest you clarify or retract

Do you honestly believe that Cowen/Lenihan etc acted with the State's best interests at heart all the time?

supersarsfields

Seriously are you not keeping up with things? "

Allegedly by Drumm and Seanie Fitz the Government had full knowledge regarding the Maple 10 deal and were involved in getting it put through. And it would look "likely" that the government either knew or worse were involved in some way with the transferring of the 7 billion onto Anglo's books.

But as I know I'd be viewed as Pro Quinn ( And I fully accept that) so I'd refer you back to Muppet's post a few pages back on the Bail out thread regarding this.

So I won't be retracting anything and I hope that clarifies that for you.

I never said that either leinhan or Cowen acted in anything other than the interests of the country. But it would seem pretty obvious that that included dodgy dealings as much as anything else. If you believe they were whiter than white then I would politely suggest that you are being very naive

haranguerer

With anglo been nationalised it certainly seems as though its sins are been hidden. It seems to me the fact is Anglo was being run by complete cowboys, and was issuing loans it never should have been issuing,including the ones to Quinn to prop up its own share price.

Had it not been nationalised, I would say that most fair minded people would have a hell of an amount of sympathy for Quinn, and would think hes right to protect his assets as it seems apparent he was screwed. However, as it was nationalised, the spin now is that Quinn owes the taxpayer this money, so everyones up in arms, regardless of the fact that it seems this money was immorally if not illegally lent in the first place

oisinog

Quote from: haranguerer on January 12, 2012, 01:41:24 PM
With anglo been nationalised it certainly seems as though its sins are been hidden. It seems to me the fact is Anglo was being run by complete cowboys, and was issuing loans it never should have been issuing,including the ones to Quinn to prop up its own share price.

Had it not been nationalised, I would say that most fair minded people would have a hell of an amount of sympathy for Quinn, and would think hes right to protect his assets as it seems apparent he was screwed. However, as it was nationalised, the spin now is that Quinn owes the taxpayer this money, so everyones up in arms, regardless of the fact that it seems this money was immorally if not illegally lent in the first place

With this whole affair I cant understand why Sean Quinn has not taken AIB to court over this loan. If the books were doctored as previously stated then this loan would not be enforceable by AIB as this would be in breach of quite a lot of bank regulations

supersarsfields

Case has been lodged as far as I know. One of a couple of cases to be heard over 2012 - 2013.

Rossfan

Why would any sane person take out a loan of €2.8Bn to buy pieces of paper?
Why would any sane person take a loan off abank to buy shares in that bank and not smell a rat?
Maybe he's as stupid as his wife claimed to be  ::)

A case of gold fever clouding judgements it would seem.

Anyway when I see the house SQ is living in I just wish I was a broke as he is  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 12, 2012, 12:15:58 PM

Seriously are you not keeping up with things? "

Allegedly by Drumm and Seanie Fitz the Government had full knowledge regarding the Maple 10 deal and were involved in getting it put through. And it would look "likely" that the government either knew or worse were involved in some way with the transferring of the 7 billion onto Anglo's books.

It clarifies nothing for me, you suggested (the bit in bold) that nationalising Anglo was due to the state being up to their necks, the transferring of the 7 billion was a different episode, apparently I'm not the only one not keeping up  :-\

To answer Fanko, absolutely not but I do think the bank guarantee was done in good faith, I don't nor ever have agreed with it or NAMA but there you go.

Either way this is all muddying the water around SQ ensuring that him and his family continue to live in the manner they've been come accustomed to while ordinary eijits like me pay for it. But according to some on here the jobs he created entitle him to hold onto some of his assets, I disagree, bankrupt should mean bankrupt
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

deiseach

Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2012, 02:08:41 PM
Anyway when I see the house SQ is living in I just wish I was a broke as he is  ::)

:D

supersarsfields

How exactly was the fact that the Government "may" have been involved in the transferring of 7Billion on a bank's balance sheet that subsequently had to be privatised slipping past you?

I love the way when people are making a case for SQ it's muddying the waters but when Anglo and the state are giving their side it's all fine and dandy.

Some people will believe what they want. And as I've said before some people won't look past what way it's affecting them in their own pocket rather than taking a bit of time to research into it and get the whole story.