Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 11, 2012, 03:44:02 PM
Yeah and the longer it will take to build 8000 new jobs and the taxes that will come along with that. You'll be waiting a long time for the government to do the same.

A fantasy figure. Why not say 80,000 or 800,000, it'd only be marginally more preposterous

deiseach

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 11, 2012, 04:54:50 PM
It appears SQ was cute enough to have his assets hid behind enough red tape that it will in all probably take the value of them and more to actually figure out where the assets are and how to get hold of them. But sure why worry its Anglos lawyers that are working to try and find it all and sure we're paying for that.
How people can forgive that is beyond me

Exactly. I remember when the balloon went up for Sean Quinn he was all over the press claiming he  accepted his mistakes and would pay everything he owed. Then as soon as the media cycle had moved on to the next n'er-do-well he proceeded to behave in a them-against-us manner that would make Alex Ferguson blush. The man is completely untrustworthy.

oisinog

Quote from: deiseach on January 11, 2012, 09:17:37 PM
Yeah and the longer it will take to build 8000 new jobs and the taxes that will come along with that. You'll be waiting a long time for the government to do the same.

A fantasy figure. Why not say 80,000 or 800,000, it'd only be marginally more preposterous

So all the jobs he created are a myth. If you ever go
To Fermanagh you would see what he created. Two of
My wife's family have him to thank for their jobs.

He may have been a del boy type character but he has done a lot, for a lot of people. He made mistakes and people are blaming him for aibs problems.

supersarsfields

Care to explain that? Considering Your the first person to query that? He had 5500 in the group and near 3000 in the insurance. And that's before you take into account the self employed RCMs that worked for the insurance which at it's height would have been close to the 1000 mark. So I'd be interested in how you'd try and spin that as "preposterous".

supersarsfields

Quote from: deiseach on January 11, 2012, 09:35:20 PM
It appears SQ was cute enough to have his assets hid behind enough red tape that it will in all probably take the value of them and more to actually figure out where the assets are and how to get hold of them. But sure why worry its Anglos lawyers that are working to try and find it all and sure we're paying for that.

Exactly. I remember when the balloon went up for Sean Quinn he was all over the press claiming he  accepted his mistakes and would pay everything he owed. Then as soon as the media cycle had moved on to the next n'er-do-well he proceeded to behave in a them-against-us manner that would make Alex Ferguson blush. The man is completely untrustworthy.

Sean Quinn had agreed to ring fence all profits from the Quinn group and insurance in order to pay back the loans. Anglo decided they could do a better job and ousted him. Is it any wonder he changed tact with regards working with them and decided to protect himself and his family. It was Anglo that dictated what route they were going to try and go regarding this. And it doesn't take a genius to work out that it's been one feck up after another.

deiseach

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 11, 2012, 10:43:29 PM

Care to explain that? Considering Your the first person to query that? He had 5500 in the group and near 3000 in the insurance. And that's before you take into account the self employed RCMs that worked for the insurance which at it's height would have been close to the 1000 mark. So I'd be interested in how you'd try and spin that as "preposterous".

You said 8,000 NEW jobs. Doing what? Trimming trees?

supersarsfields

FFS I meant as in to replace the jobs he had created.  ::)

deiseach

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 11, 2012, 10:49:38 PM
Quote from: deiseach on January 11, 2012, 09:35:20 PM

Sean Quinn had agreed to ring fence all profits from the Quinn group and insurance in order to pay back the loans. Anglo decided they could do a better job and ousted him. Is it any wonder he changed tact with regards working with them and decided to protect himself and his family. It was Anglo that dictated what route they were going to try and go regarding this. And it doesn't take a genius to work out that it's been one feck up after another.

So Sean Quinn agreed he'd allow Quinn group profits to be used to pay off his debts as long as he could retain his lavish lifestyle. When that didn't prove possible - and why should it have, they didn't ask Seanie Fitzpatrick to fix Anglo - he decided he'd fight tooth-and-nail to retain his lavish lifestyle anyway. It's 'understandable' if you assume he's a narcissist who blames everyone but himself for his woes. Doesn't make it right though

supersarsfields

Well considering he believes he was done over by Anglo not once but twice I'd say he has fair reason to contest anything they do. The fact this is falling back on to the tax payers is irrelevant. That wasn't SQ's decision.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 11, 2012, 11:11:49 PM
The fact this is falling back on to the tax payers is irrelevant. That wasn't SQ's decision.

It's SQs decision to screw us now though, he knows it's the taxpayer that will end up paying his bill and he is doing f**k all to help us. So for the Republic that's 2000 odd jobs in the insurance industry (that may have been created anyway by another company if the gap was there) for €2.8bn.
Them 2000 will have to pay a lot of tax!
To me SQ has destroyed his good name in Ireland and is as bad and worse than the rest like Seanie Fitz and Bertie
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 11, 2012, 11:31:27 PM
The fact this is falling back on to the tax payers is irrelevant. That wasn't SQ's decision.

It's SQs decision to screw us now though, he knows it's the taxpayer that will end up paying his bill and he is doing f**k all to help us. So for the Republic that's 2000 odd jobs in the insurance industry (that may have been created anyway by another company if the gap was there) for €2.8bn.
To me SQ has destroyed his good name in Ireland and is as bad and worse than the rest like Seanie Fitz and Bertie

Can you explain the 1st line of your post because it makes no sense. Do you have any idea what your talking about?

Mayo4Sam

SQ isn't paying what he owes, or what he can pay, to Anglo, whose pocket will this money come out of?
Whose pocket does SQ think it will come ours of?

mylestheslasher

He is bankrupt, do you know what that means? Wipe the froth away from your mouth and calm down.

Mayo4Sam

So there are no assets left at all? Nothing overseas? Nothing transferred to family?

And you can leave out the comments about calming down and knowing nothing this time, good lad

supersarsfields

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 11, 2012, 11:31:27 PM

Did you expect SQ to drop it just because of the bank gurantee? He believes he's he was done over by Anglo. As I said before, the fact that the state( who it would seem were up in their necks in it as well) nationalised that dept doesn't change that.
I have no doubt whatever reputation SQ has is gone. And I can understand that the tax payers hate him. Because most will only look at the effect on them to make their judgement and not wether or not SQ has a case.