Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhic Easmuint

Still younger than you when you were still playing. lol.

Hoof Hearted

that wouldnt be hard, sure James'y and me is near the one age :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

CentreHalfBack

Murray and Burke both away. Any others?

How many players are on the squad now?

New season - new reason

Gold

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on May 10, 2010, 02:48:09 PM
Quote from: Northern Light on May 09, 2010, 10:24:33 PM
Anyone who has seen St. John's play this season will testify to the fact that they are simply "thugs", surviving due to poor refereeing. Their behaviour, on the pitch,  is a disgrace to the Association. Little difference from last year, and the previous year. The only change is they rotate the "dirty" play, to ensure they don't have men sent off. Presumably their mentors spent the Winter  coaching this aspect of their game? In truth there's not a game of decent football in them, and their best "scoring" is the number of yellow cards.

Have played against them twice this year and I would also disagree with this statement.

I wouldnt totally disagree.

They do have some football in them though now this year and seem to have come on.

They have 4 men at 6 ft 5 plus which is a serious advantage to have and somethin i've only seen before with cork's senior team
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on May 10, 2010, 06:03:25 PM
Murray and Burke both away. Any others?

How many players are on the squad now?

O'Hagan & Burke??  Presumably Burke was told he wasn't starting agin Tyrone??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

CentreHalfBack

Murray and Burke heading to Boston

is O'Hagan joining them?
New season - new reason

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

imtommygunn

You have to feel for O'Hagan having played a lot of league games and then to be dropped almost straight away as soon as the Galls boys were back. Also given how weak we were in HB against Sligo he didn't get a game (if I recall correctly) so he maybe got the feeling the writing was on the wall...

It also doesn't say O'Hagan is away to the US - it says he's left the squad. ..

Milltown Row2

well shows the quality of the man if he's willing to walk away rather than fight for his place. (if this is true)

i can remember fighting for positions on our senior hurling team and i knew that we had two quality players coming who'd take my position but rather give up i adopted a new role/position and played on for a few years.

point being, if Baker thought he was good enough in one position he is bound to have enough quality to push other players in other positions.

i hope its not the case that he dropped himself for that reason
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Yeah - it is hard to know whether he did just walk away though - only speculation.

Leaves us less cover in HB line.

Young Murray wasn't getting much of a chance either and Burke came in a bit late and with Magill back he may have struggled.

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

the colonel

Twitter link on Antrim site says Kevin McGourty joined the panel last night and trained with the squad
the difference between success and failure is energy

SambaSaffron

Its true enough, was in the Irish News today as well. Disgrace.

dodgy umpire

Everything else aside, surely he deserves a place on talent ?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

NAG1

This is a call for the manager and the manager alone if he wants him in and can work with him then no harm done. After the showing on sunday from Celtic park, anything that would avoid a match like that would be fine with me. That was the best advert for hurling that there ever was.

He is a major talent who needs managed and that up to Baker. As long as it doesnt cause any ill feeling within the squad then dont have a big issue with it.