Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culchie11

some weekend alright glens abu!!
still cant believe it, antrim in an ulster football final, never thought i would see the day!!
the composure and way antrim played, bossed the game, unbelievable!

tony scullion is a totally different beast this year!

baker & niall conway have to get alot of credit for it, but the players themselves have really showed what their capable of!!
i could go through the whole team, to a man, they wanted it, big time!!
big mckeever, i thought he was a duhal.
6 clean catches in any match is good by any mans standards.
he just blew up before he hit cross field ball which ended in 45 which ended in goal!
but i cant critise any player, for their work ethic, enthusiasm or appetite for the game!

im not going to get too carried away and say we might beat tyrone, that would just be clean silly!
wouldnt it?!?!?

;D ;D ;D

glens abu

Quote from: culchie11 on June 29, 2009, 01:24:35 PM
some weekend alright glens abu!!
still cant believe it, antrim in an ulster football final, never thought i would see the day!!
the composure and way antrim played, bossed the game, unbelievable!

tony scullion is a totally different beast this year!

baker & niall conway have to get alot of credit for it, but the players themselves have really showed what their capable of!!
i could go through the whole team, to a man, they wanted it, big time!!
big mckeever, i thought he was a duhal.
6 clean catches in any match is good by any mans standards.
he just blew up before he hit cross field ball which ended in 45 which ended in goal!
but i cant critise any player, for their work ethic, enthusiasm or appetite for the game!

im not going to get too carried away and say we might beat tyrone, that would just be clean silly!
wouldnt it?!?!?

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D would it  ;D you are right every player on that field gave everything and not one could be criticized, sure we will enjoy our day in the sun they dont come around too often,come on the wee Saffs

NAG1

Great spirit and togetherness shown in both game so far which to be applauded and shows the work that has gone in, in the background.

The talent is there for sure, it was always about belief and hopefully they will start to develop a bit of ruthlessness to go along with the rest of the many positives.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

milltown row

we could end up doing a Fermanagh. reach the latter stages of the All Ireland. the qualifiers (should we lose to Tyrone) could give us a route to the semi finals.

all those lads are now saying there is a chance to do something, i dont think they will want to crumble on the 19th of July, i can be a long summer

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Fairplay to that team.
Just show that a bit of beleif instilled int oa team can do.
When they play for each other and are focused, good sports psychology used there i rckon. If only Down could take note. >:(

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on June 29, 2009, 10:00:43 PM
we could end up doing a Fermanagh. reach the latter stages of the All Ireland. the qualifiers (should we lose to Tyrone) could give us a route to the semi finals.

all those lads are now saying there is a chance to do something, i dont think they will want to crumble on the 19th of July, i can be a long summer[\b]
You can be whatever you want Milltown
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on June 29, 2009, 10:05:26 PM

all those lads are now saying there is a chance to do something, i dont think they will want to crumble on the 19th of July, it can be a long summer[\b]
You can be whatever you want Milltown

all those lads are now saying there is a chance to do something, i dont think they will want to crumble on the 19th of July, it can be a long summer

;D ;D

Atticus_Finch

Just back from the St Galls v Cargin game, it finished a draw, St Galls 2-12 Cargin 1-15.  Both sides were far from full strength with St Galls having a larger number of absentees.  Overall, I felt Cargin deserved the win.  They conceded a soft enough goal in the 1st half  and St Galls were awarded what appeared to be a dubious enoguh penalty in the 2nd half.  Niblock came on during the 2nd half and made a definite impact and with Cargin losing shape, St Galls came back into it.  Agree with you Milltown in the sense I can see how St Galls would be a different proposition come championship time.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on July 01, 2009, 09:48:23 PM
Just back from the St Galls v Cargin game, it finished a draw, St Galls 2-12 Cargin 1-15.  Both sides were far from full strength with St Galls having a larger number of absentees.  Overall, I felt Cargin deserved the win.  They conceded a soft enough goal in the 1st half  and St Galls were awarded what appeared to be a dubious enoguh penalty in the 2nd half.  Niblock came on during the 2nd half and made a definite impact and with Cargin losing shape, St Galls came back into it.  Agree with you Milltown in the sense I can see how St Galls would be a different proposition come championship time.

A draw? Who'd a thought...  :D

Must have been a good open match Atticus with that scoreline? Neither team playing their full hand, but neither ceding ground. What was the score at half-time? Did many of the county men feature?

Building up to a humdinger of a championship semi-final - particularly given the token resistance Cargin put up last year at that stage.

It will be like Munster. Whoever wins that semi-final will have the championship in the bag.

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on July 02, 2009, 12:13:52 PM

Must have been a good open match Atticus with that scoreline? Neither team playing their full hand, but neither ceding ground. What was the score at half-time? Did many of the county men feature?

Building up to a humdinger of a championship semi-final - particularly given the token resistance Cargin put up last year at that stage.

It will be like Munster. Whoever wins that semi-final will have the championship in the bag.

Yeah, It was an enjoyable enough game to watch.  Think Cargin were 3 points up at half time, from what i remember it was 1-8 to 1-5.  Cargin conceded a soft enough goal not long before the half time whistle.

County Men playing for Cargin included Tomas Mc Cann, Scullion, Crozier and Close.

St. Galls had  Gallagher playing for them as well as Mc Clean, O'Neill and Colin Brady. Niblock came on the 2nd half.

Quite a few St Galls missing as there was county hurling training so that ruled out two of the mc gourtys and karl stewart. 

Was talking to a chap at the game that says Kevin Mc Gourty has hung up his boots, any truth in that milltown?

Would imagine a championship game between them would be a good contest, would still fancy St Galls to shade it with all their players out.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

milltown row

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on July 02, 2009, 05:55:01 PM
Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on July 02, 2009, 12:13:52 PM

Yeah, It was an enjoyable enough game to watch.  Think Cargin were 3 points up at half time, from what i remember it was 1-8 to 1-5.  Cargin conceded a soft enough goal not long before the half time whistle.

County Men playing for Cargin included Tomas Mc Cann, Scullion, Crozier and Close.

St. Galls had  Gallagher playing for them as well as Mc Clean, O'Neill and Colin Brady. Niblock came on the 2nd half.

Quite a few St Galls missing as there was county hurling training so that ruled out two of the mc gourtys and karl stewart. 

Was talking to a chap at the game that says Kevin Mc Gourty has hung up his boots, any truth in that milltown?

Would imagine a championship game between them would be a good contest, would still fancy St Galls to shade it with all their players out.

haven't seen him about, he will more than likely play

Aerlik

Lads, congrats on a great win against Cavan, and sincere best wishes for the Ulster final.  Never say never.  This is great for sport in Ulster.

Can any of you provide me with the names of the 1970 panel of players and subs?  I have tried various avenues but without success.  I may have had a relative on the team/panel.  Much appreciated.

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Erne Gael

anyone who was at the cargin v st galls game..

how did rory gallagher get on? i still reckon he could do a job with fermanagh 4ward line

milltown row

Havent seen him at senior yet but was down at a reserve game and at that level he stood out. played a lot of clever ball and let others, through his quick passes/vision take the scores

he's played senior a few times and by all accounts his free taking ability is very good. which helps us as we didn't have a regular free taker this last couple of years.

i'd say he'll be a big bonus come the serious part of the championship. dont know his final position though