Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

"then posted his admittance to being himself"

What else is a man to do, i ask?

imtommygunn

Could some of these people who are so against the comments on this board not come on and have a rational debate about things? Everything has to resort down to personal attacks.

Go on begrudgers, stop the insults and have a rational debate.

ONeill

That's very true Tommy. I actually think the likes of McSparran wouldn't have the knackers to come on here for the fear of being ripped apart, so he snipes from afar. Instead of crying to the media, debate the truth with the unwashed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theskull1

Don't expect it anytime soon

I take it we all know that those comments will have been posted by one of those two eejits who were banned a few weeks ago. Smarting still  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

all fun and games, they berate posters on this site for having views but when you have issues regarding club fixtures at this time of the year, they come back with (what they think) smart Alec responses which further annoy genuine posters concerned about club issues. Pot Kettle black...... their view is final and not open for debate. a certain dictator had those views ;)

Davinci:
yes lads are down after the Cavan game no doubt, even more so because GAELS GOT HAMMERED!! so they are all raring to go and ready for the first week in Jan to get back at it ;)

ONeill

CJ's not done with Saffrons Gaelic Games
By Brendan Crossan
27/11/08

ANTRIM ace CJ McGourty has dismissed speculation that he has turned his back on the Saffrons, while Rory Gallagher's comeback attempts with Fermanagh appear to have failed.

While his older brother, Kevin, declined an offer to return to the Antrim senior football squad under new boss Liam Bradley earlier this week, CJ insisted he will be wearing the county colours next season.

The younger McGourty, however, was angered by newspaper reports he would not be ending his self-imposed exile.

CJ, along with St Gall's team-mates Terry O'Neill, Sean Kelly and Aodhan Gallagher refused to participate in last season's Tommy Murphy Cup after Antrim exited the Ulster Championship to Cavan.

The precocious 20-year-old yesterday declared he will be back on the county stage, but has yet to decide codes.

Senior hurling boss Terence 'Sambo' McNaughton and Bradley have asked McGourty onto their respective panels in 2009.

"I was very annoyed to read somewhere that I would not be playing for Antrim again," said CJ. "That's not the case. I'm concentrating on St Mary's at the minute. I'll play McKenna Cup for St Mary's because that's the rule... 'Sambo' and Liam Bradley have been on the phone to me and I've said that I'd be taking a break from the county for the months of December and January, although there is not going to be any county

training with the new [November and December] ban in place."

He added: "I haven't decided what code I'll be playing next season, but I'll be playing for Antrim. I got a lot of phone calls and text messages criticising me for saying I wouldn't be back playing for Antrim. I've said before that there is no better feeling playing for Antrim in the Championship."

CJ was invited to a senior football trial last week, but informed the team's liaison officer he would be unable to attend.

"I'm sure if Liam Bradley read the same reports as I did he's probably forgotten about me already," said CJ.

In an attempt to defend his decision to step down from the Antrim football panel in the summer, the St Mary's student commented: "Every player puts on a GAA jersey for different reasons. People put it on to have a bit of craic and play for the club's reserves or Division Five.

Others play because they just love representing their club and want to win something and maybe play at the highest level, for your county or your country.

"People have to understand that it is an amateur organisation and people have different ambitions in life. I don't think Stephen O'Neill got as much stick for stepping down from the Tyrone team as the Antrim players did [in the summer].

Fermanagh's experienced playmaker Rory Gallagher has not been included in manager Malachy O'Rourke's provisional squad for 2009 after returning for trials.

The St Brigid's clubman had asked O'Rourke to play in two trial games and by all accounts performed well on both occasions under the floodlights at Brewster Park.

It was felt Gallagher would provide the Erne attack with a fulcrum and would cure the team's chronic free-taking problems.

Mark Little is another surprise omission, while Tom Brewster, impressive midfielder Paul Cosgrove of St Patrick's, Donagh and Mark Murphy are absentees due to respective travel plans in '09, although the latter is expected to return during the NFL campaign.

It is understood O'Rourke is hopeful that forwards James Connolly and Ryan Carson (both Newtownbutler) and Derrygonnelly's Paul Ward will make the breakthrough next season.

Professional soccer player Shane McCabe is contracted to Irish League club Glentoran and has plans to get married in June, which probably rules him out of the new season.

However, Ryan McCluskey, currently with Portadown, is expected to be back in county colours in the latter stages of the National League.

Ze Irish News
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

milltown row

Name : hardstation26 November 2008I really must laugh at the irony of anonymous posters coming on to this internet site to give off about other anonymous posters on another internet site.

Firstly, if you don't like what is written on the other site, why on God's earth do you insist on going to that site?

Secondly, a few of the anonymous posters from this site have even gone to the trouble of creating an account, under a pseudonym, on the other site and have posted messages on it, complaining about the content.

I suppose some people just like to go out of their way to be offended.
Very sad really.

Laugh on, but none of us are so pathetic that we feel the need to respond to other forums and contrary to your's and other paranoid notions, none of us have ever felt the need to join this or any other forums to post anonymously. So, why then are you banned from a certain forum?

Minder

Good lad Hardstation, fighting the fight from behind bars. What a shower of f**king wankers on that Antrim website, they are so far up their own arse and full of their own self importance it actually makes me smile...............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: milltown row on November 27, 2008, 10:26:57 PM

Laugh on, but none of us are so pathetic that we feel the need to respond to other forums and contrary to your's and other paranoid notions, none of us have ever felt the need to join this or any other forums to post anonymously. So, why then are you banned from a certain forum?

If no one from the county website feels the need to join such forums as this one, then how do they know a cartain Hardstation is banned?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

imtommygunn

The admin is a contributor here surely, he just chooses not to contribute to this particular part of the site...

away on at wit ye

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2008, 08:24:36 PM
Could some of these people who are so against the comments on this board not come on and have a rational debate about things? Everything has to resort down to personal attacks.

Go on begrudgers, stop the insults and have a rational debate.
''

I agree.

Has the McKenna cup squad been finalised? Any views about the new faces in the panel? Any stand-out st lower division players involved?

davincicode

Minder, catch yourself on, there,s no need for that language in your last posting, your just highlighting all the reasons for these people to continually have a pop at this board. This board has fragmented over the past few months, due to people signing up for the purpose of mixing it, getting banned and then posting on the county website against it. MR,s case is a perfect example and may potentially effect him within the county. some of us are rising to the bait and all it is doing is gradually helping to expose people who felt comfortable giving an informed and personal opinion on the county and what should be done to progress in Hurling and Football.

I for one although not a native, enjoyed comming on and sharing the banter, as of late the fun and enjoyment has gone, and i would,nt contribute as much now, this is exactly what the mixers are hoping to achieve, and MR was subjected to that recently.

Christ come on lads, get this forum back to what it should be, a bit of crac and banter for gaa fans. Not having a go Minder, but lets not lower the tone to the extent of your last posting.

theskull1

I'll leave minder to stick up for himself

But your post is a bit rich coming from someone who actually encouraged these same boys

Quote from: davincicode on October 05, 2008, 11:05:31 AM
TheSkull, i do believe that the Assessor seems to be getting under your skin? Assessor what you say i must agree with to a large extent, however i feel that Ulster Council should take the lions share of the blame, for the state that Hurling is in. Hurling in Ulster is not very PC! When football pulls in on average 8 times the revenue then it becomes a simple question of economics!

Assessor, you have brought a bit of bite to this board, however i would like to see how well you are linked to what happens in Antrim, look at the football thread its dying on its feet.

A lot of lads/lassies post on this board, however i feel the majority take the AL la carte approach, how dirty do most of you get your hands and really get involved at grass root level? What have you done to effect change?

Also you joined this board two years ago and have posted 55 times, so it's not as if you've been "contributing" to the banter on an ongoing basis is it?

The other thing is re your comment about "MR being Exposed". Personally I could not give a flying fcuk if my identity eventually became known outside of this forum and neither should MR. What I say here, I'll say it outside of here and would have absolutely no issue with defending anything anybody has a problem with. It's not that big a deal having opinions and nobody should take this place as seriously as admin on the antrimgaa site does.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

davincicode

Skull, unfortunately my job does not allow me the freedom to post on a more regular basis,unlike yourself and others, thats life as they say. I happen to life and work in Antrim, the job involves a lot of travelling and a lot of meetings but heh it pays well. I probably go to more games than a lot of contributors when opportunity arises.

These contributors seem to have been banned for use of foul language, aggressive behaviour etc etc and then i assume the moderaterator deals with them in the appropriate way, however i notice that he seems to be selective in his targets? Some other people seem to get away with it, which kind of makes you think??? Who are the moderators? If you don,t give a F*** then name yourself and stand proud. Looking back you did seem to have a problem with the ASSESSOR and he got the door so to speak.

milltown row

just home from another hard day at the office :P

anyway Davinci we all know why they got the bullet. i can safely say i know about 6 regular posters on this site, naming them will do what? make them proud?

the forums have become popular because GAELS from whatever background/club/county can voice their ideas/opinions/thoughts or just plane awl banter to other Gaels, some good some OK and some outrageous.

you Davinci know how hard it is to work with club and county officials regarding issues that you may feel aren't happening quick enough or at all. nothing on this site since i've been on has ever been adopted by county officials or clubs. as i see it there is no harm in this site. the Antrim own site is worse off for the rubbish that posters put on, the hogan stand is also rubbish but i've yet to see the ASSESSOR OR CHARLATAN having personal attacks at contributors there. as for wetether "i'll go far in Antrim" well i'll still be plugging away at what i do.

people come and go. committees change and Antrim will still be playing Hurling and Football. whats posted here wont make any difference