Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhic Easmuint

imtommygunn

Ballymena won by 2...

Gees would never in a million years have predicted that - they look like they'll get relegated!!

2-8 to 1-9

laceer

Quote from: Lar na Pairce on October 28, 2008, 06:28:17 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 28, 2008, 01:54:28 PM
Im sure Mickey Rea'll be back for that!
you mightn't be too far wrong

that'd be brutal if he moves again.is he not playing for derrytresk?

tyrone86

I heard his da has a quare motorbike in the garage that he doesn't like Mickey showing to anyone. However, Mickey will go into said garage and rev it for anyone that is interested.

Lar na Pairce

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 28, 2008, 10:13:55 PM
I heard his da has a quare motorbike in the garage that he doesn't like Mickey showing to anyone. However, Mickey will go into said garage and rev it for anyone that is interested.
But only if you wait outside so you can't see it

tyrone86

:D

There's nothing like verification from 2 other sources.

Glensman

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 28, 2008, 09:55:10 PM
Ballymena won by 2...

Gees would never in a million years have predicted that - they look like they'll get relegated!!

2-8 to 1-9

Not a great game (my analysis might be bad as it was so fecking freezing I had the hat pulled down over the face and was sat beside beside some clampet from Moneyglass who gave a running commentary of the game - it was like being inside his head, which was a dangerous place).
Moneyglass up 1-3 0-3 at half time. Ballymena missed a fair few scores first half from kick able frees.
Couple of relatively scrappy goals for Ballymena second half and a couple of decent scores...one a might free by Paddy Logan, rolling back the years with that one.
No one really deserved it and no one really stood out although, thought Moneyglasses No.9 (whoever he was) played well enough, McKeefrey wasn't as good as billed on here previously and Brady tried hard but needed a bit more support.

May be wrong but Ballymena should fall at the next hurdle.
But fair play.

Question - if in the same situation as Ballymena would you take (1) the Intermediate title and relegation to Division 3 or (2) a loss in the final and survival in Division 2.
Thinking about it I would go for (1), just.

bannside

Some win for Ballymena. No one give them any chance at half time.

They wont give one fiddlers about that right now around the Slemish, and fair play to them.

Brady and Logan the best two on the pitch and sure we knew that already. What we wanted was the rest to put it up to them, but sadly lacking. Mc keefrey and Marron had their moments, Ryan Doyle a stinker, and the only plus on view was a vintage Peter Mc Nicholl, a gutsy Mc Veigh, and a reminder that class carries, ala, Peter and Paul Mc Cann.

Barney Mc Cann, fair play to ye, great win and I wish I was in the Slemish. Timmy will enjoy a pint tonight in Oz when he gets the news!

aontroim

Big upset alright for B'mena - Moneyglass were probably planning their Ulster campaign the last few weeks waiting for this game to be played.  If B'mena are relegated i wonder if the Logans will look to transfer back to their home club!

clarshack

Quote from: hardstation on October 28, 2008, 10:52:23 PM
One boy ventured into the garage after being told to wait outside and just listen. He found Mickey plugging the Flymo in.

heard that one as well  :D

was at the antrim ifc final last night as a couple of stewartstown men are over moneyglass. moneyglass seemed to be in control up until the last 10-15 minutes and didnt look like losing it but somehow they did. thought peter mccann played well for the saints at full forward though. didnt know paddy logan played for the saints - wasnt he an antrim minor in 1997?. if its him he was a great prospect at one stage. unfortunately for ballymena i cant see them progressing far in ulster.

culchy1

any word on bakers backroom team?

heard richard ferris, from drumsurn is one man.
also heard he wanted tony scullion to help out but think tony is for taking derry minors.

bannside

Richard Ferris in for the Derry minor job, and can you really see Tony Scullion in with Antrim. Get real. Sure that issue was nailed long ago when he was told it was not compatible with his day job.

The three men are Baker, Conway and Paddy Mc Neill, so get used to it and get on with it.

They have been given the job and now its time the rest of us got fully behind them. Personally I wish them all the best, and will be there to support them and the players.

The draw has been kind to us, got Wicklow, Leitrim and Sligo all at home. Away to Waterford last game, should be home and hosed by then, hopefully.

theskull1

Quote from: bannside on October 30, 2008, 05:46:01 PM
Richard Ferris in for the Derry minor job, and can you really see Tony Scullion in with Antrim. Get real. Sure that issue was nailed long ago when he was told it was not compatible with his day job.

The three men are Baker, Conway and Paddy Mc Neill, so get used to it and get on with it.

They have been given the job and now its time the rest of us got fully behind them. Personally I wish them all the best, and will be there to support them and the players.

The draw has been kind to us, got Wicklow, Leitrim and Sligo all at home. Away to Waterford last game, should be home and hosed by then, hopefully.

Has anybody asked the players if they are happy with the appointment or is there a chance they could throw their toys out of the pram like cork :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

imtommygunn

Ah yes cheers, I forgot.

The one everyone but LB rates :D