Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Minder,

I did say partly didnt I.

Just from what I heard from a few of the boys it was a throw back to training from the rocky films not really what we need when all around us are going more technical and hi tech in their preparation.

water boy

Any predictions on Ballymena V Moneyglass. I know moneyglass have a few handy footballers but who are the star men for Ballymena?

milltown row

i thought john McCluskey was one of the backroom men?
must ask the lads tomorrow on their views on this appointment. it was karl Stewart and anto Healy that were involved in the slapping session at half time

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: culchy1 on October 24, 2008, 10:14:10 AM
niall conway is a very good & able assistant,

Good Luck Kentucky Baby!
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Hungry Exile

The rumour running round Belfast tonite is the whole Baker selection was a fix!!

Can anyone confirm:-
1. Baker was proposed by ... Cushendun - that great footballing giant of Antrim football
2. Baker was seconded by ... Cushendall - that other great footballing giant of Antrim football
3. The chairman & vice chairman of the selection committee were from ... yes you've guessed it Cushendun & Cushendall
4. Brady was not allowed to sit on the selection panel because ... he played under White
5. Brady's replacement on the selection panel played under Delargy

Is it all a conspiracy theory that:-
A) the hurlers of the glens have got one over on their footballing brothers
B) the country footballing bumpkins have got one over on their city cousins
C) Both A) & B)

;) ;)

Hungry Exile

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 24, 2008, 09:14:30 AM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 24, 2008, 09:06:34 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 23, 2008, 11:16:46 PM
Quote from: the green man on October 23, 2008, 11:13:02 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 23, 2008, 11:02:31 PM
as for niall conway - well he dint cover himself in glory looking at the semi final and minal of the minor championship
last year (07) when changes were crying out to be made but nothing was done (or done too late - if at all).

Its here that I must take umbridge with your post LB.

Didn't they win the semi-final?

If memory serves, a sucker punch goal for Galway won the game!

Anyway, sure he's only in as coach and not manager.

won the semi final but only just, were being cleaned out in most positions after 25 mins (luckily they played great stuff and scored a lot early on)  and nothing was done on the line to change that.
In the final they had the game, but when it turned conway again sat looking at it and did nothing.

with the talent they had , they should have walked the final. lost it on the line imo.

LB is their not a manager whom you think is crap on the line apart from your darling Mickey Harte?
yes - quite a lot actually - Eugene Kelly is one obvious one...

its usually the attention seeking whores that get the jobs and exposure though (not meaning Bradley here , and Mr harte has his daughter for that task anyhow).

I think I have been harsh on Niall Conway, while imo he is still guilty of what I said earler, he is a young manager and can learn from his mistakes and get better with experience - still doesnt necessarily mean hes going to be up there with Harte, but hes already at least on a par with crozier.

A managers quality is most guaged by their ability to make changes when things go wrong as much as their team strategy /gameplan.
imo.

LB
I agreed with your earlier statement. Nice lad, but made some strange omissions from Derry's Minor teams.  I went up to the County final in Derry city & Ballinderry were playing a strong lad Nevin at CHB keeping Ronan McGuckin on the bench.  Apparently he has started for them throughout the year in both league & championship & has done very well.  Yet under Conway he only held bit-parts in last year's minor panel.

I hope I'm wrong but I fear Baker & Conway will be found wanting when put up against the wits of intercounty managers.  As well as that how will they man manage the McGourty's?

ONeill

You might be a bit harsh on Bradley and his intentions, HS. I think this might be the height of Bradley's ambitions and he's probably darn lucky to get such a chance.

Even if it was a stepping stone, you need to do something exceptional to get the dream position back home.

What does Antrim need to do to improve? St Gall's have shown that their fitness levels are on a par with the rest of the country. They also have a nucleus of 6-7 players of high calibre with mountains of experience and belief. Is it attitude to the county, no matter what soundbites the players come out with?

I suppose success can breed a productive era and a wee bit of improvement in the McKenna and NFL could result in improved commitment to the cause.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

milltown row

last year we came third from top of div 4, thats our ranking, if we come second then thats success, if in the championship we come within 2 points of Donegal then thats success on last year. if we manage to get to the final of the mckenna cup then thats improvement on last year.

Sleeping giant? no i'm going for lazy buggers

milkman mk II

i hear moneyglass and glenavy have been promoted to division one for next yr, i thought it was a 3-5 horse race for second spot in division 2. so whos going to get relegated out of diviosn one this yr then?

whos the players to look for in moneyglass and glenavy?

ONeill

Im sure Mickey Rea'll be back for that!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

Do second top of division 2 and 2nd bottom of division 1 not play off?

Glensman

No play off, 2 down, 2 up.

As Gold previously alluded to the bottom is pretty bloody tight. Those in 3rd could still go down.

imtommygunn

Shit I never realised that.

Moneyglass appear to have improved a lot.

St Johns also appear to be improving, typically, at the right time. Lamh Dhearg too.

Lar na Pairce

Quote from: ONeill on October 28, 2008, 01:54:28 PM
Im sure Mickey Rea'll be back for that!
you mightn't be too far wrong

bigfrank

did moneyglass play 2nite and if so who won???

Thanks