Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayWithTheWind

i heard, one lamh dhearg man and four rasharkin men - 12weeks suspension from what happened at the end of the game.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Glensman

Completely missed this Playwiththewind...what happened at the end of the game.
Who are the Lamh Dhearg player and the 4 Rasharkin men?

saffron sam2

Heard the name of the Lamh Dhearg boy - McComb?

Never heard of him before this, I think he may be a sub, rather than a starter and I can't see the Dearg being overly weakened by this.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

milltown row

i doubt it will hinder them Saffron. should be a good close game. Our lads taking it very seriously. Lamhs have always given us a close game at Casement. took it to a replay one year. training going well and no injury worries.

very quiet on the site regarding the county final :(

imtommygunn

Would love to see a tight game milltown but I doubt Lamh Dhearg have it in them to challenge you.

They'd be no better than Portglenone and sure look what you did to them.

You boys are making the football boring now hence not too many talking about it!

You're quickly becoming the Crossmaglen of Antrim football and only Cargin have it in them to stop that.

Unless you seriously lose your discipline and Paddy Cunningham crucifies you for it then you should win by 8 or 9. You've not done this on a national stage never mind a county stage so unlikely something like this will happen.

Gold

Gall's will win by as many as they want--they are basketball type players with fantastic hands who could keep hold of the ball all day if they wanted. LD on the other hand have a few good players but far too many who are below standard players who will lose the ball under pressure.
LD's defence is there to be crucified.

i think they will winn by a record score in a final, St Galls by 24
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

milltown row

After a marathon 82-game competition, St Gall's of Antrim made amends for last year's final defeat as they were crowned Kilmacud Crokes All-Ireland Senior Football Sevens champions at sunny Pairc de Burca in Stillorgan on Saturday.

Having lost to Longstone of Down in last year's decider, the Belfast outfit made amends by claiming their third title by overcoming Glenullin of Derry in an an all-Ulster final by 1-11 to 0-13.

St Gall's started strongly with a point from the throw-in by Sean
Kelly and with Andrew McClean following this score up with a
well-worked goal. With Kevin Niblock adding a score, Gall's quickly
broke into a five-point lead.

Eoin Bradley settled Glenullin with a wonderful point from the left
touchline under severe pressure and followed up with two further
points.

Gerard O'Kane got in amongst the scorers as Glenullin drew level but a point just before Cork referee Micheal Collins' half-time whistle by Karl Stewart gave Gall's a 1-04 to 0-06 advantage.

Kelly repeated his first half trick by winning the throw-in and
driving forward to score for the Saints but Paddy Bradley responded immediately with a score from a difficult angle.

Efforts from Kevin and Kieran McGourty then stretched the gap to a goal.

Points from the Bradley clan, Eoin, Paddy and Conrad, brought
Glenullin back into contention but Kevin Niblock and Karl Stewart kept the gap at two points.

Paddy Bradley landed a late free but it was not enough to deny St
Gall's a wonderful success.

Earlier, Gall's overcame Down side Kilcoo in their semi-final by 1-14 to 0-10 with Colm Bradley and Anto Healy amongst their scorers - a convincing seven-point win despite the minimum separating the sides at the interval.

Glenullin fired a fantastic 8-07 in their semi-final win over Clonduff
of Down, having registered a whopping 2-17 in their quarter-final
defeat of Gaoth Dobhair from Donegal.

Amazingly nine of the 12 groups were won by Ulster clubs, with Down on top in five of those, thanks to fine displays from Castlewellan, An Ríocht, Kilcoo, Bryansford and Clonduff, who all advanced to the knock-out stages.

The other group winner, apart from those mentioned and the
quarter-finalists, were Bellaghy (Derry), who went out in a play-off
to last year's champions Longstone.

Gold

Fair play to St Galls--truely awesome, the Pride of Antrim, all Ireland Champions
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

St Galls were awesome on Saturday, as you say Gold, the pride of Antrim. Spare a thought too for a massive effort from Kevin Madden who took Glenullin to within a point of St Galls. Ciaran Mc Gourty was immense, closely followed by Karl Stewart. Some "practice session" for next weeks county final!

milltown row

Lamhs will be hard to break down if they try the extra defender tactic they employed the last time we played them. if i were a Lamhs man i'd prefere to go all out against us. 15 on 15 and make a fist of it

Minder

Bit of bad blood between these two teams milltown? I remember hearing of a late night incident in belfast city centre involving a very shy county hurler who loves kissing the jersey. . . . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

yeah there would be, years of defeat have made it a hostile match. late night handbags outside Thompsons, kissed and made up and no trouble since...........the next time, Sunday night at Thompsons this weekend i believe. 8)

Square Ball

Quote from: Gold on September 21, 2008, 03:13:42 PM
Fair play to St Galls--truely awesome, the Pride of Antrim, all Ireland Champions

see it tonight on TG4, great programme on the 7s
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

milltown row

so Lamhs are going to the paper saying their main stars aren't fit :P

Paddy Quinn refereeing the final, whats he like?

ONeill

Kevin McGourty looked a bit weighty at the 7s, big journalist-outing dinners the cause I'd imagine. Kieran McGourty's a 7s player and can only make it up and down mini-pitches with his small lungs. Terry O'Neill's too slow and has red hair. Karl Stewart's a hurler and has reddish hair. Veronica may be going shopping.

Lamhs can win this.

Paddy Cunningham's 100% and will notch 2-10. I was driving past Hannahstown today and saw him being coached by Buchanan - the oul stalwart was hitting them over from the left and right from over 60m out, probably demoralising Cunningham in the process. Lamhs could do worse than getting oul Buchanan patched up and onto the field for a 10-minute cameo towards the end. Not easily dispossessed and with the years of experience dripping off his greying bonce he could be the winning of it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.