Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2008, 09:02:03 PM
In fairness, that Tyrone team has tanked every team so far. They probably had their Dungannon players back today too.
Antrim minors had a very comfortable win last week against Donegal.

Yeah but 7-15 to 1-10 in a real tanking--they did have their Hogan Cup players back--but what sort of excuse is that--thats like saying to someone not to hit power-blasters as its not fair!

see St Pauls beat the Johns by 8 and St Bridgids won their first game in Div 1 in L Dhearg by 10--any other results in Div 1 or 2??
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Mhic Easmuint

Portglenone beat Rasharkin by 6 in Div 1
Rasharkin beat Portglenone by 2 in Div 4

pebble-dasher

I think you will be surprised with the current bunch of minors, tyrone are very highly fancied for the all-ireland! 

imtommygunn

St Brigids beat Lamh Dhearg by ten??

What has gone wrong with Lamh Dhearg? Two years ago they brought a county final to extra time. Last year they probably would have got relegated only for Dunloy's success in the hurling.

Don't get me wrong st brigids aren't bad but an experienced side like lamh dhearg should be beating them by a  bit.

Are the results on the county web-site all the matches that were played??

Gold

St Brigiids won 3-7 --0-5 L Dearg were missing the Herrons

Portglenone and St Pauls won also

Cargin and Galls match was called off

Glensman

Has Ciaran Herron transferred to Kevin Lynches, Dungiven or was that just all smoke?

Most of the results were as expected except the Lamh Dhearg defeat I'd say. You take 3 (2) Herrons out of a team and any team is going to struggle. I beleive Brendan Herron is in Oz and playing some stuff out there. Think he has also turned his hand to Aussies Rules and doing very well at it.

Why was the St Galls/Cargin match called off then?

milltown row

Death in Cargin i believe, both the reserve and senior games were called off, which was handy for us as i believe a lot of boys could not make it due stags and weddings the sat

Gold

Hope Antrim dont blow it at the wkend--but then i wouldnt be too surprised

Anyone know where i can get the club league tables?

Mhic Easmuint

They are available on the county website on the E-Sport Manager
Go to the Results Link on the left.  Then go to the tables link on the left.

Gold

PlayWithTheWind

Its not over til the fat lady sings!

aontroim

Burke is still listed on the panel for the Waterford game

1.SEAN MC GREEVEY                  16.JOHN FINNUCANE     
2.JAMES LOUGHERY                    17.EOIN O NEILL
3.ANDY MC CLEAN                      18.PAUL DOHERTY
4.KEVIN O BOYLE                        19.TONY CONVERY
5.TONY SCULLION                       20.C.J. MC GOURTY
6.SEAN KELLY                              21.MICHAEL MAGILL
7.JUSTIN CROZIER                       22.SEAN BURKE
8.JOE QUINN                                23.PAUL CLOSE
9.MICHAEL MC CANN                    24.GAVIN BELL
10.AODHAN GALLAGHER               25.CIARAN CLOSE
11.KEVIN NIBLOCK                      26.KEVIN BRADY
12.TERRY O NEILL                        27.PAUL CONLON
13.TOMAS MC CANN                     
14.BENNY HASSON
15.PADDY CUNNINGHAM

milltown row

maybe Burkey got a call from Sambo&Woody  ???

saffron sam2

It would certainly appear that the wheels are coming off.

Attendance at training is certainly dropping off - two boys from the list above didn't manage to make it the other night - no reasons given.

Whilst it would be unthinkable to lose to the Decies, I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility.

hardstation is probably correct though, it seems to be mainly an issue with the milltown men.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 17, 2008, 10:04:24 AM
It would certainly appear that the wheels are coming off.

Attendance at training is certainly dropping off - two boys from the list above didn't manage to make it the other night - no reasons given.

Whilst it would be unthinkable to lose to the Decies, I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility.

hardstation is probably correct though, it seems to be mainly an issue with the milltown men.

best run Antrim have had in a while and still the players cannot see the bigger picture....a serious question is there more than 5  antrim footballers  out there playing county football who can see past the lenght of his nose. Just typical Mc Cooey stuff...alot of players who have win nothing outside their own backyard trying to tell a management team who have done it all how they should do it.