Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Cargin had developed into a good footballing / relatively clean team over the last few years.

Hopefully this appointment will not change that though I'd not be so sure.

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: hardstation on January 10, 2008, 05:10:49 PM
Burkey was at the game and was sitting along with the rest of the players who were injured/ineligible. Conor McGourty/Brady were two I spotted. They seemed to go into the changing rooms at half time. They may not have but they went in that direction. Burkey is a possibility. Big strong lad. Has he played with Queens yet? If so, how did he do?

Burkey is with the queens panel for the mckenna cup.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

milltown row

Burkey, he came on as a sub for queens

WolfeTone

Quote from: hardstation on January 11, 2008, 04:03:20 PM
Hopefully he gets a run out on Wednesday night. Jody should give McCartan* a few bob to play him.

*Is McCartan still managing Queens?

No hardstation, as far as i know, aidan o'rourke is managing them now
Dougal: What's going on?
Priest: I think Ted has a plan
Dougal: No. I mean in general.

ONeill

Was Brolly on the line for Antrim?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pebble-dasher

Joe brolly is training with the antrim seniors, playing very good stuff too, he is giving a few of them a good roasting!

Out in Front

Quote from: ONeill on January 11, 2008, 07:36:58 PM
Was Brolly on the line for Antrim?

No O'Neill, he was up in the stand. I think he was taking a few notes.

ONeill

Tis just I heard he was dictating matters during a friendly.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

PlayWithTheWind

Brolly has been working with the squad for the past 2 years.
I heard he was in the changing rooms at half time and give McGourty a right bollocking

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on January 11, 2008, 10:39:52 PM
I heard he was in the changing rooms at half time and give McGourty a right bollocking

God help us all...what is gromely letting that spacer do...and i mean brolly.

the green man

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on January 12, 2008, 12:07:35 AM

What the Tones would give for a Brolly or his high profile type now. And thats the very thing, Max. You desire a high profile man, in fact you demand it.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: the green man on January 12, 2008, 01:05:47 AM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on January 12, 2008, 12:07:35 AM

What the Tones would give for a Brolly or his high profile type now. And thats the very thing, Max. You desire a high profile man, in fact you demand it.

i wouldn't let brolly near bellaghy, and i mean that...what experience or track record does he have... none...in fact one of the more worrying aspects of antrims defeat to derry last summer was that he was coaching one of the antrim corner backs to stand in the face of derrys corner forward...meaning he could not see the play or anticipate where the ball was coming from

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on January 13, 2008, 03:57:35 PM
Tanked today. 1-12 to 0-07.
That's a right kick in the tools. Back to the drawing board for Jody.
Hopefully give the drunk students a hammering on Wednesday. Anyone there today?

Thats a bit more like the Antrim we have grown used to.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on January 13, 2008, 09:30:07 PM
Just a minor blip in what will be a very successful year.
The times they are a changing.
;D

"........the first one now will later be last"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

PlayWithTheWind

from the county website:

Monaghan 1.12 Antrim 0.07
After a narrow one point victory over Cavan on Wednesday night, Antrim footballers were well beaten by a strong Monaghan team who have collected their first win in this McKenna Cup campaign at Ballybay. In the soft under-foot conditions both sides struggled early on to find the target with Antrim first to register a score. Monaghan replied with 2 quick points and when a long high ball was launched into the Antrim defence, confusion reigned supreme with ball eventually struggling into the Antrim net. At half-time Monaghan led by 1.03 to 0.03 having kicked just 2 wides to Antrim's 9. In the second half Monaghan surged into a 5 point lead thanks to the reliable free-taking of Thomas Freeman.  Michael McCann kept Antrim in touch with his own frees, but the Glens men never really looked like overhauling the Farney County who ran out eventual 8 point winners. While Antrim still have a mathematical chance of qualifying for the play-off series, Monaghan will have been delighted to get a win after successive defeats to QUB and Cavan. It will be calculator time on Wednesday evening with Antrim requiring a big win over QUB to have any chance of qualifying.

(Initial calculations indicate that Antrim would need to beat QUB by 13 points to top their section - a task that must be considered beyond the bounds of possibility for even the strongest of counties.)