Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Was informed just over 2000? In Dunloy?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: NorthAntrim on September 15, 2023, 12:36:32 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on September 15, 2023, 10:45:19 AM
How big an area is Dunloy? They're some club!

Their catchment area runs further than the parish boundary

I was told it's a fair bit bigger than say 20 years ago I think. Has there been new housing developments ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Dunsilly King on July 11, 2023, 03:30:56 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2023, 02:36:14 PM
Quote from: antrimman667 on July 11, 2023, 01:27:03 PM
Referees getting a lot of stink I see on SV instagram? are they that bad within the county?

Tbh if the contributions to this forum are anything to go by then they're not worth paying any attention to.

Rossa always dangerous come championship. McGettigan, Walsh, Byrne and McEnhill at county plus the likes of Beatty. They'll compete better than they do in the league.

Seriously , when was the last time they beat a fancied team ie Cargin or St Gallsin the past 20 yrs,  or even Creggan in the past 5/6 yrs  to get such kudos

Spot on the money, come proper knockout football, as usual

ck

Rossa usually don't even qualify out of their group. They did this year and got beat by Derry blow ins  ;D
In all seriousness, Rossa given the players they have have underperformed for years, particularly the past few years. Under achievers.

stiffler

Quote from: ck on September 15, 2023, 04:20:22 PM
Rossa usually don't even qualify out of their group. They did this year and got beat by Derry blow ins  ;D
In all seriousness, Rossa given the players they have have underperformed for years, particularly the past few years. Under achievers.

I think they lost a few players this year to other clubs.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

country bumpkin

Quote from: stiffler on September 15, 2023, 05:16:37 PM

Rossa did beat Cargin in the 'group stages' last year, but none of the other semi finalists can boast of a single championship win over Erin's Own in senior championship fare......

ck

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 16, 2023, 08:13:15 AM
Quote from: stiffler on September 15, 2023, 05:16:37 PM

Rossa did beat Cargin in the 'group stages' last year, but none of the other semi finalists can boast of a single championship win over Erin's Own in senior championship fare......

They didnt qualify from the group so its a nonsense point. Beating Cargin in a dead rubber doesnt count.

country bumpkin

So another Downey has exited to St Brigid's ....played in the popular u-19 Championship last week.....

Would ye whist

Big week ahead for Antrim Championship, who are we saying to progress?

Cargin by 3
Dunloy by 1 after ET
Ballymena by 4
Glenravel by 2
O'D's by 10
Rasharkin by 12

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 18, 2023, 12:53:52 PM

Cargin by 3
Dunloy by 1 after ET
Ballymena by 4
Glenravel by 2
O'D's by 10
Rasharkin by 12

Agree with all these results.

The results in the JFC will more than likely be one sided but why is our JFC so weak??

Lár na páirce 1

Cargin by 3
Dunloy by 1 after ET
Ballymena by 4
Glenravel by 2
O'D's by 10
Rasharkin by 12

Cargin by 7

Portglenone by 10

Ballymena by 4

Glenravel by 8+

NorthAntrim

Quote from: InnocentByStander on September 18, 2023, 01:07:25 PM

Cargin by 3
Dunloy by 1 after ET
Ballymena by 4
Glenravel by 2
O'D's by 10
Rasharkin by 12

Agree with all these results.

The results in the JFC will more than likely be one sided but why is our JFC so weak??

There are teams in Intermediate probably at junior level. Pearses(won it last year will probably drop next) lisburn (won it 3 years ago could possibly drop even playing div 2 football) antrim won it 2 years ago and shouldve dropped again this year. Out of their depth

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 17, 2023, 10:32:54 PM
So another Downey has exited to St Brigid's ....played in the popular u-19 Championship last week.....

I think you need new sources.

InnocentByStander

Across both codes in the senior semi finals, Belfast are represented by 1 team.

Is Belfast GAA dying?

SaffronSports

I certainly don't think Belfast GAA is dying but I do think it is spread too thin.